Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 08:49 AM   #226
der_saeufer
?איפה בירה

Oddometer: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-Brett View Post
German stuff does not count, they make the worst electronics stuff on the planet.
Heh... sometimes they do. But IIRC, neither of those parts was actually made in Germany, so I blame the French.

What I for some reason forgot to mention there is that carb issues have caused me way more headache despite having put somewhere around 20x as many miles on fuel-injected vehicles.
der_saeufer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #227
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugemoth View Post
Let's face it, most people who ride "adventure bikes" are posers just like the people who drive big winch equipped 4WD rigs and never leave the pavement. EFI is the best choice for them because it has a lot of advantages and the bike is never going to be ridden to remote areas. Also, like previously pointed out, most riders nowadays wouldn't know a float needle from a sewing needle and wouldn't be able to fix even a simple carb problem or EFI problem.
Well, at least your screen name is accurate!

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #228
corndog67
Banned

Oddometer: 1,281
He's talking about the size of his dick, JimVB.

But he is absolutely right about the posers . just look at the number of fully "Farkled " ( what a gay term) , low mileage ADV bikes for sale, all the BS on them , but they've only put it 3000 miles in 5 years on it. Image, I guess.
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:27 AM   #229
Katoom72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post
I'm willing to bet that everyone that thinks carbs are better are over 60. Maybe 50.

Injection works better, everywhere. Get better fuel filters. And my carb'd 950 has a fuel pump.

I bet you guys also griped when electronic ignitions replaced points (can't fix it by the side of the road!).

Move into the 21st century, because they are not going back to carbs, no matter how much you 7 or 8 guys cry about it.
29 and i prefer the CV carbs of my 950 over the EFI of my sold 990. Injection works better, but not in traffic with steady speeds. It's a PITA then.
Katoom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #230
Warin
Retired

Oddometer: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoom72 View Post
Injection works better, but not in traffic with steady speeds. It's a PITA then.
A correctly set up system will work in traffic with steady speeds.

Your description reminds me of this ...

"The performance of the WM16M We've all heard of or experienced the glitches from this unit, the misses while cruising at constant speed, the failure to idle. Both inexplicable and quite frustrating. Quite simply it shouldn't happen and its hard to imagine that Moto Guzzi/Weber Marelli have not been able to address these issues with a fix. It shouldn't be that hard to fix surely.

One other area I feel is not right is the barometric compensation. My bike seemed to have a variation in performance from day to day. Either they under compensate or over compensate for air pressure and temperature."

See http://www.jefferies-au.org/MyECU/index.htm

Warin is offline   Reply With Quote