Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2014, 11:07 AM   #1
MNMike OP
Oooh, what are these?

Oddometer: 70
Manitoulin Island - 10 days out of Minneapolis

Day 1:
Jason showed up promptly at 10 and we began our adventure. We dropped down Fairy Falls and rode into Downtown Stillwater, MN. it seemed like we sat in the sun with the rapidly rising humidity for a really long time waiting to turn to cross the bridge into Wisconsin on Hwy 35. From there we picked up Hwy 64, then turned North on Hwy 63 to Turtle Lake, then Cumberland.

We stopped at Louie's finer meats. Jason bought a few packages of Hunter's Sausage and Peppie stix. I picked up some cottage bacon as an offering to the Bacon Queen at CADVR 7, some smoked apple brats, smoked flank steak, and Pemmican. From there we took B to V to 48, and got on the Tuscobia State Trail in Beechwood.

The trail was great for a dual sport. I was on a new GS with the Karoo 3's, and had no problems whatsoever, even during a sandy downhill and rocky uphill. I let Jason go ahead on the DR650, and had a really dirty face when we hit pavement. Payback for leading all of those rides over the years.

We returned to the pavement in Park Falls after almost 70 miles of dirt, then rode Hwy 70 into Eagle River, and our first stop, Hi Point Campground.

We managed to figure out where the festivities were being held, offered up the cottage bacon to a well celebrated Papa Lobster, and hung out at the trailer for a bit. I apologize for not remembering some names.

We headed back to camp and cooked up some Tom Yum Thai soup. There was no pile of meat to be found on Friday, but we did go back after dinner for the festivities.

Bonebag showed up later and worked out our single day participation fee, and I didn't have to take off my shirt.

There was singing, there was dancing, there was cake in the dirt. With a big riding day ahead, we turned in for the evening around midnight.
MNMike is offline   Reply With Quote