June 13-14 Nebraska
June 20-21 Ohio
August 8-9 Wyoming
LowPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,919
Nebraska is as close at it gets for me. Guess I need to go ride a National again.
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #3
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,442
Too bad about the two year schedule. More than perfect for us!!!
Old 10-28-2014, 08:10 PM   #4
brewtus
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,853
Ooh, a western schedule!!

I can make a couple (or more) of those!!
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:57 PM   #5
broncobowsher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,429
Texas? That is as close of a location as you can come up with? That's like saying that there will be a trial held somewhere in Europe.

I know I WILL be checking at the AZ event.

Nebraska and Ohio, might be able to work that into some other family vacation...
broncobowsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:25 PM   #6
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,442
The Texas location is close. (My back yard) 300 miles is just a picnic. My first national was upstate New York and the next day was Ohio!
Old 10-29-2014, 12:02 PM   #7
LowPSI OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtus View Post
Ooh, a western schedule!!

I can make a couple (or more) of those!!
This year there will also be Western and Eastern Championships.

http://www.cyclenews.com/304/26214/R...ls-Series.aspx

LowPSI screwed with this post 10-29-2014 at 12:11 PM
LowPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:05 PM   #8
brewtus
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPSI View Post
This year there will also be Western and Eastern Championships.

http://www.cyclenews.com/304/26214/R...ls-Series.aspx

Even better!!!

Thanks, LPSI!
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:12 AM   #9
motobene
Motoing for 43 years

Oddometer: 1,049
Interesting idea of east and west. That's a good idea. Nebraska was considered as 'eastern' as Ohio and Texas 'western' as Wyoming. Depending on where the TX and NE events are, one could be more east or west than the other.

I notice too that the three 2-day events for western makes 6 events, whereas the two 2-day events for eastern makes only 4 events.

I emphasized the Central Regional Series in 2014, attending all of them. The Central Regional events were an overlay onto regional club events in TX, OK, KS, and MO. I attended only those Oklahoma events connected to the Central Regionals, though I live here. I'd love to see an Oklahoma Series, as we have so many excellent competition areas (my own being one), but there presently aren't enough riders west of I-35 and support is lacking from the eastern half to help grow the western half.

So where to go in 2015? I have growing interest in the Nationals. The Texas National being first will give me a chance to experience a modern national, the Senior 55-59 class, and the lines used for the class. Will it be a fun challenge, or a challenge to make it fun? I'll use the experience to decide about attending more nationals.

2015 is looking more like just cherry picking events over a wide region. I'm not sure about the Central Regionals for 2015. There are the Texas events. I so loved the last two annual Sipapu Ski Area NM events and the NM folks I want to ride more NM events despite the added distance.
motobene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:13 PM   #10
2feetdown
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
Decisions looks like central U S riders are left out the two closest nationals in 2015 for me Texas and Nebraska are one in east and one in west for 2016 Tennessee and Colorado again one east one west. Central regionals got messed up last year requiring 8 out 10 events making traveling 3 times further than the year before I haven't heard if that changes any for 2015 as it cut the number of riders in the series almost in half.
2feetdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:07 AM   #11
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 22,193
I'm guessing that the TX event is at Sid's place just south of Amarillo. I hope so!

It looks to me as though Ray Peters involvement in the NATC is showing. He told me that things were going to change and that he would work to make it more interesting, accessible, and fun.
Gordy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:18 AM   #12
motobene
Motoing for 43 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2feetdown View Post
Decisions looks like central U S riders are left out the two closest nationals in 2015 for me Texas and Nebraska are one in east and one in west for 2016 Tennessee and Colorado again one east one west. Central regionals got messed up last year requiring 8 out 10 events making traveling 3 times further than the year before I haven't heard if that changes any for 2015 as it cut the number of riders in the series almost in half.
I have found distance to be quiet relative. Some drive many hours in massive rigs, spending lots of fuelbucks, others won't drive their fuel efficient vehicle with light trailer and one bike if the event is two hours away. In some cases time and not cost is the issue. But perhaps when cost is an issue, culture gets in the way when riders assume they must go full out in the fuel sucker to go at all. When I was hosting events in West Michigan, a very skilled rider from Queensland, AUS would drive across the state in his hatchback. He'd disassemble the bike to stuff it in, then reassemble it to ride. Slept in the hatchback sometimes I think.

My place is a 3 to 4 hour drive for the bulk of Okie trial riders, as the center of mass of riders is in the NE corner of the state. It might as well be the end of the earth to them.

Got a fun ride this weekend in which some under-2-hour locals will show. Got a new rider from New Zeeland working in Texas with a `12 Ossa all excited to come ride. He also rides vintage and says driving 2 hours is nothing to him. Hmmm. Maybe I need to host a vintage event? That group may think differently.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:24 AM   #13
motobene
Motoing for 43 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
I'm guessing that the TX event is at Sid's place just south of Amarillo. I hope so!

It looks to me as though Ray Peters involvement in the NATC is showing. He told me that things were going to change and that he would work to make it more interesting, accessible, and fun.
Oh gosh yes Gordy! I hope it is at that mind-bending place! I badly want to compete there again. Love a god 4th gear hill climb!

Texas might be Meunster... a g a i n. You know... tradition. Great place, but there are new places out there to burn in. My place is in between the two so a drive either way doesn't exceed 4 hours.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:26 AM   #14
jonnyc21
Trials ninja

Oddometer: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by motobene View Post
I have found distance to be quiet relative. Some drive many hours in massive rigs, spending lots of fuelbucks, others won't drive their fuel efficient vehicle with light trailer and one bike if the event is two hours away. In some cases time and not cost is the issue. But perhaps when cost is an issue, culture gets in the way when riders assume they must go full out in the fuel sucker to go at all. When I was hosting events in West Michigan, a very skilled rider from Queensland, AUS would drive across the state in his hatchback. He'd disassemble the bike to stuff it in, then reassemble it to ride. Slept in the hatchback sometimes I think.

My place is a 3 to 4 hour drive for the bulk of Okie trial riders, as the center of mass of riders is in the NE corner of the state. It might as well be the end of the earth to them.

Got a fun ride this weekend in which some under-2-hour locals will show. Got a new rider from New Zeeland working in Texas with a `12 Ossa all excited to come ride. He also rides vintage and says driving 2 hours is nothing to him. Hmmm. Maybe I need to host a vintage event? That group may think differently.
I fit the time issue category not the distance or $ in fuel. I am willing to go even 7 of 8 hours to ride if my time would permit.

Working on the time issue but looking like I may be out at least one more year tell that can happen. If I am wrong maybe 2...

We will see...
jonnyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:42 PM   #15
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 22,193
TX is at Palo Duro----Sid's place!!
Gordy is online now   Reply With Quote