User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2015, 10:55 AM   #1
imsroll OP
BigBoreSavant

Oddometer: 61
Trials boot for a BIG foot

For as long as I can remember shoes have been a rarity. wearing a size 16 in shoes and squeezing my foot into a size 50 sidi for mx boots. There terribly tight but A star boots suck so i make do. Anyone out there have a large foot and ride a trials bike? I'm looking for a good trials boot that comes in at least a size 50. I have a set of forma ADV boots in size 49 but there just too small.
imsroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:20 PM   #2
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,867
The biggest size I knew of was Garne, it is only a 47 and usually run big. My son has that problem, but is only a 15 so far.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:35 AM   #5
imsroll OP
BigBoreSavant

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsroll View Post
For as long as I can remember shoes have been a rarity. wearing a size 16 in shoes and squeezing my foot into a size 50 sidi for mx boots. There terribly tight but A star boots suck so i make do. Anyone out there have a large foot and ride a trials bike? I'm looking for a good trials boot that comes in at least a size 50. I have a set of forma ADV boots in size 49 but there just too small.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:54 AM   #6
desmodab
Oversized Canuck

Oddometer: 321
I wear a size 15US shoe and someone referred me to Aerostitch combat lites when I was looking for big riding boots. They may or may not work for trails, but I wear them for touring and find they fit large and have been great boots.

Hope it helps, DD

2011 Multistrada 1200 S Touring, Red
2008 DL1000 VStrom , Black - SOLD
desmodab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:22 AM   #7
imsroll OP
BigBoreSavant

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmodab View Post
I wear a size 15US shoe and someone referred me to Aerostitch combat lites when I was looking for big riding boots. They may or may not work for trails, but I wear them for touring and find they fit large and have been great boots.

Hope it helps, DD
Cool boots but i do not think they would be nearly tough enough for what im doing.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:07 PM   #8
Hyperbolic22
n00b

Oddometer: 3
I read the OP, and I listed as many size 15/16 boots that I could find. Some boots run larger than others, so a 15 in some brands may work for him. I guess the lesson here for me is to not try to help out a fellow rider...
Hyperbolic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:40 PM   #9
OR Trail
looks for unlocked gates

Oddometer: 363
Gaerne Balance comes in a true 15 - pretty sure they were a 50 Euro. I tried them on and I'm a 15 in most everything.

I'm getting a pair soon to replace the Aerostich Combat Lite boots that are being destroyed in short order trials riding. I wear Alpinestar Tech 3's for general riding in a 50, but I don't think they have enough flexibility and feel for trials.
OR Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:12 PM   #10
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperbolic22 View Post
I read the OP, and I listed as many size 15/16 boots that I could find. Some boots run larger than others, so a 15 in some brands may work for him. I guess the lesson here for me is to not try to help out a fellow rider...
He was looking for a TRIALS boot.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:12 AM   #11
wawarides
where's Laura0107?

Oddometer: 1,207
You might want to try inmate Brtp4 on here (Brian with Atomic Moto) and ask about special ordering size 50 Gaernes. Also, the style without the inner waterproofing would give you more room. Good luck!
Old 02-20-2015, 06:54 AM   #12
imsroll OP
BigBoreSavant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperbolic22 View Post
I appreciate the help, however my OP states I own a pair of sidi MX boots in size 50 (very nice boots and highly recommended) they are a tad small on me but I don't have much choice in high end boots. I will never buy another set of Astar boots because the last set literally lasted me 2 months and fell apart. Low quality boots do not last very long when riding hard at 260lbs. And Forma does not make a large enough size, having stated I own a pair of 49 Forma ADV and they do not fit.

My main question here was to see if anyone knew of a "unknown" or "no name in america but still good quality" brand boot that might work for what I need.

As for the oil balanced, from everyone I ride with they say Garne runs very small to size, usually one to one and one half sizes. Are the oil balanced a steel toe box design? If not I may be able to take them to a cobbler and have them stretched?
Old 02-20-2015, 07:20 AM   #13
ridenm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsroll View Post
As for the oil balanced, from everyone I ride with they say Garne runs very small to size, usually one to one and one half sizes.
As mentioned above, the Gaerne Balance WP boots with the membrane booty do run very small. The regular Balance boots run true to size in the more average range, in my experience.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:57 AM   #14
imsroll OP
BigBoreSavant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenm View Post
As mentioned above, the Gaerne Balance WP boots with the membrane booty do run very small. The regular Balance boots run true to size in the more average range, in my experience.
Any doubt that a cobbler could stretch there biggest set large enough?
Old 02-20-2015, 08:46 AM   #15
jonnyc21
Trials ninja

Oddometer: 999
wawarides suggestion on checking with Gaerne and see if they are able to special order is a great thought.

Makes me wonder if they or any of the other trials boot companies have the the option for special ordering sizes...