User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #16
BeeMaa
Hack Pilot

Oddometer: 1,098
Cool report.
My wife wants to steal your dog...she thinks he's cute.
You are truly a lucky man.

Cheers.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. Robert A. Heinlein
BeeMaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:25 AM   #17
JohnnyMac
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Cool2

Interesting to see about historical things I have read about. Big contrast to summer here in NZ. thanks for the story.
JohnnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:48 AM   #18
PetrB OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by llirttoc View Post
I love reading ride reports from your country. One day I will make the long journey and ride my Ural to Russia. Keep the pictures coming. Good job.
So come on, why not?

Next summer we just want to go across the country via an interesting and non-trivial route. For a two or three month, heh

I just thought about that, because I myself would like to visit in the Americas. And in your case, when you shipping from the U.S. to Russia, all can be much easier to organize.
PetrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #19
llirttoc
Ural Life

Oddometer: 181
Bad timing

I have a son at university and my other son is 12 years old. I get the kids out of the house and it's on. Me and the old lady want to travel the world one way or another. Just wondering if there is a car ferry that goes across the Bering Straight? I'm sure I can ride that far. May be some fisherman could float me across the Bering Straight. Any way, keep the pictures coming, and good luck on your trip. I look forward to reading about it.

I have a large back yard and you are welcome to use it for camping.

always pursuing the ghost of rationality
'07 Ural Patrol

llirttoc screwed with this post 01-13-2013 at 07:44 AM
llirttoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #20
boxertwin
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,021
Brilliant ride report! Thank you for sharing this with us.
boxertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #21
iantochips
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 387
Yes, thanks, a moving story. It made me think of my uncle, a ship's engineer torpedoed on the Murmansk convoys. Made me think too of 20 million Russians losing their lives, and the millions more who fought in that terrible war only to become victims of Stalin.

We should never forget our history.
iantochips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #22
PetrB OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by llirttoc View Post
I have a son at university and my other son is 12 years old. I get the kids out of the house and it's on. Me and the old lady want to travel the world one way or another. Just wondering if there is a car ferry that goes across the Bering Straight? I'm sure I can ride that far. May be some fisherman could float me across the Bering Straight. Any way, keep the pictures coming, and good luck on your trip. I look forward to reading about it.

I have a large back yard and you are welcome to use it for camping.
99.9% I am confident that through the Bering Strait does not go no public transport. So it is necessary to use the container shipping. For example, my friends, recently sent a lot of equipment (their 2 boats, 2 outboards, etc.) in Chile. They everything turned out, but I do not know the exact budget for the transportation, something around $ 5000.

In general, the logistics of such expeditions, IMHO - the hardest part.

Well, I do not be going to America soon. Not before I can build at least a 30ft boat, which can sail, taking a hack onboard))

On the other hand, if you go to Russia to trip on the Ural - it will be enough to bring here the engine and transmission assembly. And all the chassis could be pre-buyed here, used. That way it will be possible to constrain budget in $1000...2000, excluding flights and transport payments.

And I have a large back yard too :) And you are welcome too, for use it for camping and prepearing for trip.

PetrB screwed with this post 01-14-2013 at 01:44 PM
PetrB is offline   Reply With Quote