ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
81forest OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Question Tahuya tomorrow: why I love football

I will be heading to tahuya tomorrow morning on the 8:30 boat, because big-game Sundays are the best day to ride! I wil be in a red van containing a TE250 and a 450 EXC. Anybody else headed out? I'm expecting cold, but I wonder how wet it will be.
81forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
what broke now
Petroleum Brother

Oddometer: 1,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81forest View Post
I will be heading to tahuya tomorrow morning on the 8:30 boat, because big-game Sundays are the best day to ride! I wil be in a red van containing a TE250 and a 450 EXC. Anybody else headed out? I'm expecting cold, but I wonder how wet it will be.
Three of us had a good ride out of Mission Creek trailhead the other day, no ice, but about 10% of the mileage was puddles, most 6-8" deep, occaisional few were 14-16". I think you're right, light attendance would be my guess too.

If it does freeze, the puddles are likely deep enough to stay water in the middle.
what broke now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #3
81forest OP
Studly Adventurer

Thanks for the heads up- it's supposed to stay in the low thirties tomorrow so we'll see if those puddles stay frozen all day. It's possible that I will wish I stayed home to watch football, but this is my first real ride on the KTM... Got to go!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #4
MoxieGirl
Wannabe Adventuring

Oddometer: 78
Dang just seeing your post. I took my KTM 350 there last weekend and had a blast. Lots of puddles, some deeper than others, found one really deep one with a big root and decided to have an off-bike and swim experience but it wasn't too cold last weekend, so it was all good.

Have fun, maybe catch you on another ride.

2009 BMW F800GS
2009 BMW G650XC
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
MoxieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
SportsGuy
icanhazdirt?

Oddometer: 538
U. R. NUTS.

Damn this cold weather! Just cannot bring myself to gear up and head over to play in the mud. I think it'll be mostly dry (weather has been dry and will be dry tomorrow).

Stay safe, stay warm, stay hydrated! ...and I don't mean drop into a puddle and take a nap! ;)

Post up in the Day Trips section what the day turns out like - pics always welcome. ;) Love to hear how the first ride on the KTM goes. :)
SportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #6
81forest OP
Studly Adventurer

Great day at Tahuya. Wow is it ever fun to ride a real dirt bike again. I've posted some pics up in Day Trips. Yes, it was very freaking cold!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #7
cdriver
KATS JR

Oddometer: 166
No football for me either

I was out in Tahuya yesterday about mid day, I was on foot. Over near Mission Creek I heard two dirt bikes, never got a look at them. It was a good looking day out there,
cdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #8
81forest OP
Studly Adventurer

Anyone headed out to Tahuya tomorrow? It is time for another shake down test of the ktm and training for the desert 100! A buddy and I are trying for the Seattle to Bremerton at 7:35, we will be in a red Eurovan. 80% chance of rain. Hope to see some folks out on the trail