Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #61
DriveShaft
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
I just have to say this corvette would be a whole lot cooler if it came in a turbo-deisel-injected version. And maybe a wagon/shooting brake version too.
That is *way* too European a concept.
DriveShaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #62
DriveShaft
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSimon View Post
What's not to like, really? I think it looks hot as hell. I'm thankful they finally trashed that 1980s look-and-feel interior on the Corvette.

I think these things will sell like hotcakes. I'll take that Charcoal Grey with some nice tint and a Lingenfelter kit. I would eat supercars all day long at a fraction of the cost.
+1, I think it's pretty modern. I think it looks a hell of alot *less* ferrari-ish (which by the way, steals its headlights from a friggin celica), than previous iterations. They gild the lilies here w/ its chromed out vents and trim, but they fiiiiinally did something decent w/ the interior. I think it's going to be way more popular than previous editions pretty much for that reason alone...who wants to sit in a cabin that screams "my dashboard came from the same plant that builds the Silverado's dash," even if you can kick everyone's ass at the track?
Old 01-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #63
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 24,414
Nice ----

If a physical fact can produce a psychological state, a psychological state can produce a physical fact... The whole of creation is asleep within the deep of man and is awakened to objective existence by his subconscious assumptions.
svs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #64
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,815

Rather have this one...

hankgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #65
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 28,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky View Post
Ford needs to hurry up with the evolution of the Mustang and ditch the live axle. I like how the Mustang looks, they make good engines, the Ecoboost V6, the 5.0, the 5.8 supercharged are all fine. But the suspension is still on par with a pickup truck.
FWI understand, they HAD a IRS car for a few years but the drag racers hated it and they went back to the live axle.

Someone 2x check me 'cause I remember hearing that same kvetch on a ?Motor Trend? ?Car and Driver? comparo video.

M
Old 01-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #66
Vbird
In Room 237

Oddometer: 784
Kinda glad to see a new car and not just another evolution of the '84 vette. Hope the Camero tailights end up a 1 year deal- like the mid '90s Mustang that had the horizontal 3 bar lights. While they're at it, make the vents body color and cut the top half of the headlights off.

Three overdrive gears with the MT?
Vbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #67
Vbird
In Room 237

Oddometer: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
FWI understand, they HAD a IRS car for a few years but the drag racers hated it and they went back to the live axle.

Someone 2x check me 'cause I remember hearing that same kvetch on a ?Motor Trend? ?Car and Driver? comparo video.

M
Cobras had IRS but not the Cobra R. Friend has 2 R's (one for race,one for show) says it is eaisier to set up live axle for the track. 2015 will be IRS.
Vbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #68
Anorak OP
Woolf Barnato

Oddometer: 33,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeflow View Post
since you are such a big dick, why do you even need a vette?
I sold the Vette last year and bought a volt.

"they live off the carrion of our mutual distrust and bribe us with symbols that equate hatred with manhood."

"I mean at the end of the day, I was addicted to Starting Fluid for Christ's sake!"

"Yeah, that guy sure is terrible at touching moms"
Anorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #69
Manuel Garcia O'Kely
Back at last

Oddometer: 12,666
Grew up in the '70's and '80's with the very WORST 'vettes that cheby ever made. As a result, I've tended to prefer almost anything else. Their styling in the more recent iterations seems to be getting better, but as to performance I have no clues.

I'm not really their market - all our cars are 4X4's.

I don't like the interior as it looks like it was designed as a one seater but the exterior looks like any other italian sporty car. Not bad.

There's casting, then there's running into the stream with a baseball bat trying to club the fish to death. - Jim Moore
Manuel Garcia O'Kely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #70
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,211
Thank God it still shifts like a "real man's" sports car and not some stupid ass paddle shift...And yes, from the front and sides it looks very much like the Ferrari. Quite attractive. From the back it looks horrible, some kind of GTR/Camaro/Caddy love child...At least they put real seats in it that should hold you still and keep you from slamming into the doors during track days!
Old 01-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #71
gmiguy
You rode a what to where?

Oddometer: 1,223
I think they nailed the styling; it's good to see a generally modern-looking Corvette instead of a retro geezer-pleaser like the Camaro/Mustang/Challenger turned out to be.

The howls of protest from the traditional Corvette buying demographic of divorced middle-aged men with gold chains and pony tails is a good indicator that they're on the right track.

I'm happy to see the Corvette morph into an edgy-looking budget supercar. I don't care if that means they have to cost more. Compared to just about anything else with 4 wheels, it's a performance bargain.

I just hope they fixed the interior.
gmiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #72
Heyload
Remastered Classic

Oddometer: 7,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Less Harley View Post
Yep, it's here, did the big showing at the Corvette Museum....pretty soon I'll be sick and tired of seeing them. They are a dime a dozen around here (check my location)....
Somehow, I am failing to find much sympathy for you.

When life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
Heyload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #73
gatling
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmiguy View Post
I think they nailed the styling; it's good to see a generally modern-looking Corvette instead of a retro geezer-pleaser like the Camaro/Mustang/Challenger turned out to be.

The howls of protest from the traditional Corvette buying demographic of divorced middle-aged men with gold chains and pony tails is a good indicator that they're on the right track.

I'm happy to see the Corvette morph into an edgy-looking budget supercar. I don't care if that means they have to cost more. Compared to just about anything else with 4 wheels, it's a performance bargain.

Geezer-pleaser. I like that. I'll be 62 this week. And I drive a Z-06. Happily married. No pony tail. Now STFU or I'll whack you with my cane.
'10 California Scooter (my Baja Blaster!)
gatling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #74
DriveShaft
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmiguy View Post

Seriously must've been difficult for them to buck the trend, as it's been obvious that retro is apparently the only thing american badges are good at, if you look at the Camaro/mustang/challenger cues. The urge to follow the "well...it worked for them...and since the only people who can afford the vette are geezers...why not?!" mentality must've been pretty huge.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #75
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveShaft View Post
Seriously must've been difficult for them to buck the trend, as it's been obvious that retro is apparently the only thing american badges are good at, if you look at the Camaro/mustang/challenger cues. The urge to follow the "well...it worked for them...and since the only people who can afford the vette are geezers...why not?!" mentality must've been pretty huge.
Is that why they are saying "The Stingray Is BACK!"?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: