Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #16
evanphoto OP
May G-d bless Evel

Oddometer: 415
Eh? ah, you might want to do some reading, if you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlfman View Post
my dealer doesn't even sell the stuff. relax, i am not talking about gumout, it is an additive that lucas oil sells, too.
Ethanol / E10 fuels increase the amounts of water and sludge in your fuel tank.
Star Tron breaks down this excess water and sludge to sub-micron size allowing it to be safely burned away during normal engine operation.
Therefore Star Tron prevents phase separation and fuel gelling, eliminating ethanol fuel problems.

evanphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #17
evanphoto OP
May G-d bless Evel

think, people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Range Motorsport View Post
Once again you don't know what you are talking about. Startron can convert phase separated fuel into a burnable fuel. Your sta-bil can't do that. Please quit posting your stupid non-knowledgeable remarks in these threads.
well said, range motorsport. it sucks that people dream shit up and post it here instead of doing some research-either reading or doing actual tests with bikes they own.
my bike is a new ktm 990 smt (2012) and I put startron in it on the first tank. it is not just a stabilizer though it can be used for that purpose.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #18
concours
WFO for 41 years

Oddometer: 5,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Range Motorsport View Post
Once again you don't know what you are talking about. Startron can convert phase separated fuel into a burnable fuel. Your sta-bil can't do that. Please quit posting your stupid non-knowledgeable remarks in these threads.

Please don't call my remarks non-knowledgable and stupid, it hurts my feelings. Sta-bil isn't "mine".
Old 01-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #19
concours
WFO for 41 years

Oddometer: 5,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanphoto View Post
well said, range motorsport. it sucks that people dream shit up and post it here instead of doing some research-either reading or doing actual tests with bikes they own.
my bike is a new ktm 990 smt (2012) and I put startron in it on the first tank. it is not just a stabilizer though it can be used for that purpose.
...and what did the Startron do on the first tank? Help us dumb people understand.....
Old 01-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #20
rufus
We're burning daylight...

Oddometer: 4,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by concours View Post
Use it to store, the rest of the time, it offers no benefit....

My experience says different. I have a 2005 honda XR 650 L. Air cooled, carbed. With ethanol fuel it is hard to start, won't idle and sputters and coughs. These problems go away when i add startron, or use non ethanol fuel.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #21
henrymartin
Mr. Tourguide

Oddometer: 3,478
I've been using it for about two years in anything that is not going to move for a couple of weeks or more. No issues, no water separation to speak of. My snowblower started right up after being used twice last winter, and sat for almost 12 months untouched, outside. I couldn't have done that otherwise.

Home Depot actually sells it cheaper than any other place I saw.
henrymartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #22
FlySniper
Bleh...

Oddometer: 1,662
The wonder-drugs of motorsports! Eh...

I have a Honda Accord that sat for two years (project that never got off the ground), ethanol gas. Went out and jumped it off... Hey! It fired up and ran on the first try. But it sat with a full tank treated with.... Sta-Bil.

"Think about how stupid the average person is. Now, realise that half of them are dumber than that." - George Carlin
FlySniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #23
FlySniper
Bleh...

Oddometer: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanphoto View Post
my dealer doesn't even sell the stuff. relax, i am not talking about gumout, it is an additive that lucas oil sells, too.
Ethanol / E10 fuels increase the amounts of water and sludge in your fuel tank.
Star Tron breaks down this excess water and sludge to sub-micron size allowing it to be safely burned away during normal engine operation.
Therefore Star Tron prevents phase separation and fuel gelling, eliminating ethanol fuel problems.
I just checked Star Tron's site... your post is almost a verbatim copy of their page....

Their page is bullshit.

They claim Star Tron is "pure fuel" while in the next line they claim it's "enzymes"....

There's a big problem with their claims... a huge gaping hole that makes me LOL. No, I'm not going to explain it.

Oh, and...

STAR-TRON! IT'S GOT ENZYMES!

">

"Think about how stupid the average person is. Now, realise that half of them are dumber than that." - George Carlin
FlySniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #24
scooteraug02
Dog Rancher

Oddometer: 4,514
http://www.ridermagazine.com/rider-m...rm-storage.htm
http://mystarbrite.com/startron/
http://www.st-owners.com/forums/show...ried-Star-Tron

I recently read about it in Rider Magazine Feb 2013 page 56. It could be a trick advertisement or good advice.

They said Star Tron is a fuel formed from naturally occuring enzymes and can stabilize gasoline up to two years. It's a fuel so you can't over dose like Stabil. Says it reduces water to harmless, micron-sized droplets and the sugar effect of ethanol is nullified by it's solvent action.

The author snuck in that his buddies at a local BMW dealership told him about it. They had a lot of fuel injection pumps failing at an alarming rate if the bikes were left to sit with old gas for more than 90 days.

It is supposedly available everywhere now.

Oh the article started out with a guy having problems with his concours. Andy said conventional stabilizers and old fuel are hard to burn. They foul the plugs and make the bike run poorly after storage. Thus Star Tron to the rescue.

I guess a few guys here know for sure Ethanol is okay and Star Tron is snake oil.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #25
evanphoto OP
May G-d bless Evel

startron it is

well, i am using it and will figure out my mpg over the life of my bike. every fill up i will keep track of to do this. then, in a while, i will post the mpg i am getting and can compare to those with same bikes and see the difference. until then, use it or die!

Old 01-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #26
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,865
I have been using the "better" of the Stabil products in small engines and stored bikes but have found that even that treated fuel causes problems from separation in small engines. On chainsaws the carb diaphrams go bad quickly these days. Stihl specifies 89 only for there stuff. Better to just get it all out in an unused engine tank. No idea if Startron works for long term storage. I've tried both of Stabil's products & Seafoam in my Kohler engine on my sawmill & if the 10% fuel sits very long it causes problems with carb & fuel pump.
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #27
TwoTiredRiders
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Switched to StarTron

I switched from Stabil to StarTron with good results about one years ago. Start Tron re activates old fuel and I always am buying a mower or bike that has untreated fuel in it so I pump it out and if it doesn't smell bad I treat it with StarTron and use it. It is a lot better than running questionable fuel, or worse, trying to dispose of it. I'll save it treated in cans to use in the mowers and stuff. I have a small business with lots of small motors so thus is no problem. If fuel has started to smel like varnish I would not treat it but try to dispose of properly.
I also treat all new fuel purchased that goes into a fuel can. I do not think it is needed to treat new fuel going into a bike that is used frequently.
TwoTiredRiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:40 AM   #28
RNowell
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Fuel treatments

Another product that works well for me is Sentry gas fuel treatment. After the junk is worked out of your fuel system, the
results are less dramatic, but still works to prevent problems with water caused by lousy fuel.
RNowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #29
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 10,681
This is fun.

I do not believe that I've ever experienced the heartbreak that is phase separation in my fuel, but if I do, I know where to go for relief.

Star tron may be great stuff (non-caps so as not to confuse with teh aerosol insulation schtuff), but the lengths of poor behavior folks will go to defend their stance when it comes to this kinda thing never fails to amuse me . . . .

Imainge the exploding craniums if we were actually discussing something of import, like, you know, KLR horsepower.
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance. T.R.
bomber60015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #30
ragtoplvr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,879
Her is the deal, 99% of us have no issues with the ethanol fuel, other than deteriorating fuel lines etc.

So anything you put in will seem to work.

If I ever have phase separated fuel, I will try some star tron, Until then I remain skeptical.

Rod
ragtoplvr is offline   Reply With Quote