User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #76
Paulie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
on sale

Kfart has it for cheep $4.04. Usually I pay ~$7 at Lowe's. Last nite I kleened out my store in the hood. So now I'm all set up in Star Tron land.
Paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #77
longhaul747
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 575
Never had much luck with Star Tron. Some swear by it but the one winter I used it I had to rebuild by carbs in the spring time. Maybe I did not dose it good enough or whatever but I find the product a bit sketch.

What works really well for me is K100MG and 2 oz per 5 gallons of TCW3 2 Stroke oil. I have yet to have a fuel related issue with this combo and I have stored some bikes as long as 4 months with zero issues even with ethanol laced fuel.

Out of all the fuel stabilizing products I have used (I am a sucker for chemicals and got a nice collection of them) the K100MG seems to work the the best. The TCW3 helps bring back the lubricating properties lacking in the new fuel and keep the fuel system bits from corroding plus I believe it does have mild fuel stabilizing properties itself. So it does not hurt.

Only problem with the K100MG is the cost. For a tiny bottle good for about 20 gallons its $9.95 but it does work.

Overall very happy with the K100MG but its more reserved for winter storage. I recently ordered a new product called. BioborEB and its pretty highly rated and the only ethanol fuel treatment certified by the US Coast Guard. Its $14.95 a bottle and is this size treats 240 gallons. I have yet to try it though as I just got it yesterday!

http://www.biobor.com/fuel-additives...ster-index.php

Really the best thing to do is fuel up with ethanol free fuel. However here in Washington its getting very difficult to find. Nothing changed in regards to the laws as 10% of the fuel sold is still allowed to be ethanol free but single refiner in the area recently stopped production. Whats left out there is very expensive and in premium grade only and this is only until the short term contracts expire and whats left in the tank. At this point onward using ethanol free is unfortunately now very impractical to impossible.
longhaul747 is offline   Reply With Quote