Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #16
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 10,681
feeling violated is your call -- what the bike is worth, to you, may not be what it would be worth, to me . . . . .

that said, if it is that far away, it's tough to KNOW what kind of shape it's really in . . . . .

my first question would be, why does this bike have less than 250 miles a year on it?
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance. T.R.
bomber60015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #17
XDragRacer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm204 View Post
$3850 for an 07 with nothing is definitely high. I've seen new models for less.
New 2013 (or 2012) KLR650s for less than $ 3850?

Referral, please.
XDragRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #18
trapperj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 470
KLR purchase ..timing is everything

I have owned a few KLRs and have a 2012 now that I may sell. I bought and farkleled her up and after getting her like I wanted may sell. I know there's a flea mkt section and may list there later.

In my experience if a seller can get 1/3 to 1/2 of the $ he spent on accessories he's lucky. Thats the question one has to answer...pull the farkles and sell the bike stock or sell it all fixed up. Thing is, everybody's idea of a perfect KLR is going to be different.

Not trying to hijack the thread here...hope I'm not breaking any rules..but my black 2012 has 3300 miles..SW motech bars..adv monster #60 LEDs ..hid on both low and high beams..Cogent rear shock..progressive front springs..wolfman tank bag..nice rear tail bag. Larger windshield. New hiendau k60 on rear. It's black ..the Matt finish with black wheels. Ill ask more but if it sold for $5200 I'd be happy. Oils been changed 4 times..I truly think its better than new.

Op...enjoy the hunt. IMHO the best part of buying a new bike is the hunt. KLRs are kinda like dead cats. They are everywhere.
trapperj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #19
Wannabee OP
Survivor of Reality

Oddometer: 2,447
I have found the opinions usefull , I ask because I have never owned a KLR , but have bought bikes in here and tripled the mileage and sold it for what I paid for it . I guess it's all in what that particular person is looking for at the time .
I did ask why so little miles and his answer was he has sportbikes and didn't like riding this one . Why he kept it for 6 years I don't know .
I will keep looking for the perfect bike for me , and will probably ask other questions if the time arises