Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
Emanuel_v19 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
New Inmate!

Hello all,

I am a new member here on this forum. I hope to meet cool members here, specially close to my area, and gain helpful information about 2-wheel machines. I currently ride a kymco agility 125 and enjoy very much. I have yet to have a major problem with an exception of tiny dilemma i encounter during summer riding only. Anyways, i am getting close to 2500mi and was wondering if i should change my tires. Ive only heard bad stories about the stock tires. If i was to change them i would look for a great all around tire both in dry and rainy weather. However, i dont want to spend $100 on each tire either haha. Best bang for the buck is what im looking for. That being said, i plan to order my adv stickers tonight or tomorrow :). Also, i currently live in San Jose, Ca and was wondering if there are any clubs or rallies that people do in the area? Well thats it for me now. Hope to be back soon.

Take care all
Jose Manuel
Emanuel_v19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
Brooktown Geezer
scooter guy

Oddometer: 481
Welcome Jose, Glad to meet ya.
Brooktown Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #3
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,501
You get what you pay for in tires. Your front should be good for another 1500 miles. Changing the rear tire depends on how much tread is life . SInce your 16 inch tires I don't think you ll get less then 4000 miles out of them.
Your going to spend at least 60 bucks for a good tire. You might go gee I see tires for 30 bucks but your not saving cash. The reason is they ll wear out faster more often then not. By buying a cheap tire you may also end up with one that is ok on dry payment but will be shit in the rain . You can change your own tires just look at you tube videos on how to do. A dealer might want 50 bucks plus to change a tire depending. It worth the time to Take you wheel off and bring it into dealer . They might only changer you 25 bucks then. These tires are ok http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...T.ac=SLIsearch THese guys can tell you more about your scooter : http://www.kymcoforum.com/ they might even tell you were you can download manual for free of you scooter.

fullmetalscooter screwed with this post 03-03-2013 at 09:44 PM
fullmetalscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #4
tbonestone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Hey man, welcome.
If I'm not mistaken a set of Michelin boppers are available in the correct size for your agility. I swear by these tires. Good price, great handling; all around an awesome tire for city riding.
tbonestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #5
GREY.HOUND
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
Welcome! I'm not in San Jose, but a little south in Fresno.
GREY.HOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #6
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 841
Head south in June for Amerivespa. I believe there are folks organizing rides from the Bay area down to San Diego over in the Rally section of modernvespa.com
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #7
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,709
I don't know about the Agility 125, But I have almost 25,000 miles on my '08 Vino 125, and get about 5,000 miles from a rear tire, and close to 12,000 from front tires. This seems about right to me, since most of the weight is on the rear tire, and it is also the drive tire. I always wear them right down to the wear bars, unless I am planning a trip and don't think one of the tires will make it.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote