|12-17-2014, 06:25 AM||#1|
Joined: Mar 2006
Parts interchangeability KTM 350 vs Husky 350
I currently own an '14 KTM 350 EXC W, and I want to replace it with another street-legal "medium" bike.
Enter the newest Husqvarna FE 350 S! Similar to the KTM, but with some perceived better features.
I currently have heavier fork and shock springs, bash plate, hand guards, 15-L tank, higher seat, and Fastway pegs, as well as various gearing options from my KTM.
I would eather re-use than repurchase these items if I go Husky, so, yesterday, I went to my dealer, and did a pretty exhaustive analysis........!
- the suspension is different - no chance to re use my springs
- the bash plate is included, I won't need the KTM one (although it would fit)
- the Fastway hand guards fit, but I would want to switch from orange to white on the plastic
- the 15.5-L tank fits perfectly (I would expect other sizes would fit also)
- the KTM seat will not fit, but the Husky seat fits almost perfectly (a small "rounding" of the extreme front would make it even better)
- the Fastway pegs will fit
- while I did not actually change them, sprockets look identical
With this info, I see myself probably "upgrading" to Husky - my additional cost will be minimal, resticted to fork springs, and possibly recovering the stock seat.
I needed this info, and I couldn't find it - I hope my efforts are useful to some of you.
|12-17-2014, 09:54 AM||#3|
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
ooops your talking about the larger tank...my bad
2013 xcw 500
2002 drz 400s - sold
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|