ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #1
The Real McCoy OP
The Real McCoy

Oddometer: 23
RALLY IN THE VALLEY HATFIELD MCCOY COUNTRY 2nd season May 5th-6th

RALLY IN THE VALLEY "HATFIELD MCCOY COUNTRY" 2 nd season May 3rd - 4th 2013
The Real McCoy Trails Dual Sport/Sport Touring trails will be kicking off with the 2nd season for 2 great days of Backwoods riding plus Hatfield McCoy feud site guided and narrated tours. The 2 day event will be held during the Appalachian Brotherhood of Sidney Kentuckys 2nd annual Rally In The Valley located in the heart of Hatfield McCoy Country May 3rd - May 4th 2013.
The trails are 100% legal routes which consist of a minimum of 1,000 miles within a radius of 45 miles which border and include loops in the corner of where West Virginia, Kentucky and Virginia join together. A minimum of 500 miles consist of improved and un-improved backwoods county roads. App. 75% are single lane black top with no center stripe and virtually no guard rails. 10% are 2 lanes with center stripe and 10% are compact gravel/dirt mixture.
I am proud to say that last years 1st season of The Real McCoy Trails was a success. We had riders from across parts of the country including CA, Pa, Florida and Canada and several other states to ride sections of the trails for the first time. The trail routes are loaded with twisties, tall mountains and low valleys. I have mapped and GPS'd a total of 6 plus loops'
The loops are not the routes that you would use if you were by-passing Hatfield McCoy Country and 2 lane routes such as rt 52 and are NOT roads and routes occupied by coal trucks and logging trucks. The challenge on creating the trails were to virtually eliminate such routes used by truckers with the exception of using such a route for a few miles to get to the twisty backwoods routes.
Towns and cities that surround the "HEART" of Hatfield McCoy Country include Pikeville KY, Prestonsburg KY, Paintsville KY, Elkhorn City KY, Williamson KY and Williamson WV, Gilbert WV, Logan Wv and Panther WV. Hurley VA, Paw Paw VA, Knox Creek VA and Grundy VA. The headquarters of The Real McCoy Trails are located in Downtown Historical Matewan WV Stompin Grounds of The Hatfields & McCoys.
There will be no cost for guided tours. I have GPS'd the routes and hope to have them online soon. However a GPS will not help you very much because most of the routes are tough to find due to branching out in so many places. I would not recommend anyone to try the trails there first ride using a GPS. A plan is in progress with the local tourism department to put up markers at such intersections although a person cannot depend that such sigms will be there when you need to make a left or right turn.
I am located on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/donald.mccoy.98 and The Real McCoy Trails Web Page is www.therealmccoytrails.com I can post a few picture's and short video's if some of you guys want to see the terrain. You can find info about the Rally In The Valley on my face book under Appalachian Brotherhood Sidney KY founders of The Rally In The Valley facebook page. During the (2) Day Rally there will be excitement for the whole family including a bit of adult entertainment such as gals washing dirty bikes and plenty of Hog BBQ, Beans and Wings and some legendary BBQ sauce that is said to have ignited the feud.
Bring all your bikes including your street bikes and 4 wheelers because there are trails and routes for all of them here in the "HEART" of Hatfield McCoy Country and ALL Trails and Routes can be accessed from Downtown Historical Matewan and a few other locations as well.

The Real McCoy

The Real McCoy screwed with this post 01-27-2013 at 11:53 AM Reason: Date Misprint
The Real McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash

Oddometer: 2,360
sounds like a good time....
5punksdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
Gabby
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 440
I stayed at Don's place in Matewan last year and discussed his interest in developing some good ds routes for quite a while with him. Sounds very promising
Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
Cattledog1969
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Is this a Dual Sport event using the HM trail system??
Cattledog1969 is offline   Reply With Quote