User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
brycekauai OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Honda Elite 150 1987 Restoration

Hey everyone. Just joined this forum and wanted to share my new project. Got this scooter for free on Craigslist the other day. No title, no keys! Bummer! My friends said it would be too much work to get running, but I hope I'm up to the challenge. I live in Hawaii and rust just eats things away as you can see. The scooter has been sitting for just under 10 years and was in perfect working order up until the owner up and moved. Its got 13k on it and hopefully some life left as well. Body is in decent shape, but some paint would make it look cherry for sure.

Needs -
Battery, Gas tank cleaning, carb cleaning. Fluids changed. Any other suggestions?

Questions -

1.Back tire will not move one bit. I almost got it off today but need another ratchet to complete that part, all the rust has just eaten away all the bolts. The parking brake looks to be disengaged, so is it rusted out on the inside? What part would I need to fix this issue?
2.Is this scooter worth all the work, even considering it was free?

Look forward to your help and comments.

Aloha
Bryce

brycekauai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
Wentwest
How's that work?

Oddometer: 497
Why not? These are really good machines. It's going to need a lot of cleaning up, but the materials Honda used were good and sturdy. You can find a code on the outside of the ignition switch and on the outside of the seat latch lock. That number is all it takes to get a new key cut by a decent locksmith. All the Honda key codes are available with this number. Look on ebay for key blanks and you can find someone who will cut the key for you.

You can also look for people selling a bag of Honda bolts on Ebay.

Don't worry about the brake lock, you can get by without it. Can you tell if it has compression? Is there any rust inside the engine?

Go for it.
Wentwest is online now   Reply With Quote