ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-30-2005, 01:52 PM   #16
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert
 
Stosh23's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Kirkland,WA
Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
Ok, Ive been on about this for months. Well, Stosh and I rode over that way again last weekend and it appears the weather and terrain are starting to get to that perfect combination out there.


The pack of DRZ's, XR's, KLR's and KTM's rolling out of the hills with satisfied riders was all I needed to see...

For anyone that has never been off-road around that part of WA I would highly recommend it. The trails, terrain and views are utterly mind-blowing with the Cascade Range looming all around.

This would be a weekend run that I am planning for the weekend of July 16th. It would either be a camping affair or we could book the rooms at "Whistlin' Jacks" off of 410. Saturday would be a ride around the trails and rocks and Sunday would be following part of the "Wagon Trail." This ride would go over mostly intermediate terrain and at points runs along the very ridge lines of the mountains. This would not be a good ride for someone who has never ridden off-road. Knobbies recommended.


If anyone is interested let me know when, where you want to stay (tent etc) and what you'd ride. I can put a plan together.

The middle of the year is slipping away and Im damned if Im going to miss my annual Naches run even if I gotta go solo! It would be great to share it with you blokes!
I'm in.

Lets buy out the lodge.

Enjoy
__________________
He's Back ! Part 2

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:47 PM   #17
Guaglione
Country mice
 
Guaglione's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Petaluma
Oddometer: 2,287
Aldo Nova fan

Allen,

That has to be the most obscure musical reference I've seen in a long time.

What was the name of his one hit?

Chad,

I'll wait for your preride report to decide. Sounds like I can handle it, what with all my new skills.
__________________
2011 KTM990ADVDakar Edition

"This is the sort of ardent pedantry up with which I will not put."
Winston Churchill
Guaglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:57 PM   #18
Filly
Adventurer
 
Filly's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: NW area of Washington
Oddometer: 67
We ride there all the time, especially "Yota" my hubby. I'm new at dirt riding and I find many, many roads to travel on. It has enough area for extreme to beginning to fully enjoy the beauty. Here are a few pictures to give you a taste of what you can find.









Does that help anyone?

I will inform the hubby of that weekend and I'm sure we'll be camping not far from Whistlin Jack's on the river. He is currently doing the OBDR and should return by July 7th.
Filly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 04:32 PM   #19
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Luca, you'd be missing out mate. It really is worth it and if you made the Olympic ride OK you'll be fine and dandy with this one.....


Just have fun!


Nice pics!, I still cant find mine
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 04:33 PM   #20
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stosh23
I'm in.

Lets buy out the lodge.

Enjoy


Soooo, I saw a nice DRZ at Aurora today Stosh....
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 05:01 PM   #21
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert
 
Stosh23's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Kirkland,WA
Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
Soooo, I saw a nice DRZ at Aurora today Stosh....
Year and Price?
__________________
He's Back ! Part 2

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 07:20 PM   #22
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stosh23
Year and Price?

'05 MSRP


I know, Im evil.....



BTW: I checked out a 400SM. Next to a new 400S. I'd take the S in a heartbeat again.... The SM is cool but doesnt have the all around fun and usefulness of the S from what I could tell...
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:18 PM   #23
toothy
Grin
 
toothy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Freelard
Oddometer: 14,173
I'd like in. I'm only good for a Sunday ride, but partying on saturday nite is a big draw. Also, I've got nearly bald Tourances on my GS and nary the funds for new-uns at the moment. I'll keep checking in.
__________________
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
(Eleanor Roosevelt)
toothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:31 AM   #24
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert
 
Stosh23's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Kirkland,WA
Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry

'05 MSRP


I know, Im evil.....



BTW: I checked out a 400SM. Next to a new 400S. I'd take the S in a heartbeat again.... The SM is cool but doesnt have the all around fun and usefulness of the S from what I could tell...
You are evil. The S is the one. It is now a timing issue with the StoshBoss
__________________
He's Back ! Part 2

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 12:19 PM   #25
Guaglione
Country mice
 
Guaglione's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Petaluma
Oddometer: 2,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
Luca, you'd be missing out mate. It really is worth it and if you made the Olympic ride OK you'll be fine and dandy with this one.....


Just have fun!


Nice pics!, I still cant find mine
oh, I'm in for Sunday, gotta work on Saturday for gas money. I might be up for coming down Saturday night, depends on the cost of the room.

Toothy, if you don't make it down on Saturday night, let's ride down together on Sunday AM.
__________________
2011 KTM990ADVDakar Edition

"This is the sort of ardent pedantry up with which I will not put."
Winston Churchill
Guaglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:32 PM   #26
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaglione
oh, I'm in for Sunday, gotta work on Saturday for gas money. I might be up for coming down Saturday night, depends on the cost of the room.

Toothy, if you don't make it down on Saturday night, let's ride down together on Sunday AM.

Gas money?? I thought you were the Touratech posterguy??
Tell 'em they owe you for advertising,

I'd dig riding with ya gain Luca. Its been months!

Cheers

Chad
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:37 PM   #27
Guaglione
Country mice
 
Guaglione's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Petaluma
Oddometer: 2,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
Gas money?? I thought you were the Touratech posterguy??
Tell 'em they owe you for advertising,

I'd dig riding with ya gain Luca. Its been months!

Cheers

Chad
Yes, well, my credit cards and I had a little heart to heart, and Touratech is going to have to take a back seat to, oh, groceries for a long, long time.
__________________
2011 KTM990ADVDakar Edition

"This is the sort of ardent pedantry up with which I will not put."
Winston Churchill
Guaglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:46 PM   #28
GSguy
Here's a quarter.
 
GSguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: In the Kings County
Oddometer: 3,133
Groceries are over rated
__________________
Team Drips, bring the rain.
GSguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:07 PM   #29
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaglione
Yes, well, my credit cards and I had a little heart to heart, and Touratech is going to have to take a back seat to, oh, groceries for a long, long time.



I hear that mate! $30 repairs vs $300 repairs sure make the suzuki's a little more palatable these days....

No worries
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 03:52 PM   #30
CascadeThumper
Critical Adventurer
 
CascadeThumper's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Oddometer: 309
Quote:
This would be a weekend run that I am planning for the weekend of July 16th. It would either be a camping affair or we could book the rooms at "Whistlin' Jacks" off of 410. Saturday would be a ride around the trails and rocks and Sunday would be following part of the "Wagon Trail." This ride would go over mostly intermediate terrain and at points runs along the very ridge lines of the mountains. This would not be a good ride for someone who has never ridden off-road. Knobbies recommended.
So the plan is for Saturday, July 16 and Sunday July 17 with the night spent at or near "Whstlin' Jacks" Sounds great and the pics make it even more inviting. Where does everyone meet up on Saturday morning? A suggestion might be Buzzy's Cafe in Greenwater (Hwy 410) they open at 6 a.m. both Saturday and Sunday (360) 663-2421. What do you think?
CascadeThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014