ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2005, 10:14 PM   #31
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...

Oddometer: 3,251
My wife is planning to check around the area and see what accomodation options/prices there are at the beginning of the week. She'll post.

Cafe sounds good,

Cheers

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 10:16 PM   #32
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert

Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
Groceries are over rated
Hey,

What happened to you this morning?

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 05:50 PM   #33
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,141
Sorry I woke up and all I could see was huge down pour = very wet ride and I'm trying to get over this crud I've had all week that has just got me down and out so I bailed and then kicked my self in the ass all day because the rain cleared up just shortly after I would have left the house and it did not rain for the rest of the day. Hope you guys did'nt hang out too long for me. I just have to get rid of this stuff It's got my head all stuffed up, cough and just general crapy feeling self with low energy level.
Old 07-03-2005, 05:52 PM   #34
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
Sorry I woke up and all I could see was huge down pour = very wet ride and I'm trying to get over this crud I've had all week that has just got me down and out so I bailed and then kicked my self in the ass all day because the rain cleared up just shortly after I would have left the house and it did not rain for the rest of the day. Hope you guys did'nt hang out too long for me. I just have to get rid of this stuff It's got my head all stuffed up, cough and just general crapy feeling self with low energy level.

No worries. The first part we ran pretty quiet. The second part we ran it pretty hard and it probably would have seriously sucked bouncing down the mountain at 50mph feeling like crap. Sounds like ya did that smart thing. Plenty more rides coming up.

Old 07-03-2005, 09:14 PM   #35
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert

Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
No worries. The first part we ran pretty quiet. The second part we ran it pretty hard and it probably would have seriously sucked bouncing down the mountain at 50mph feeling like crap. Sounds like ya did that smart thing. Plenty more rides coming up.
I second that. Hope you're feeling better - and Hey - the Naches run is coming up??????????

Enjoy

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:59 AM   #36
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist

Oddometer: 719
I've got this marked on my calendar and am planning to attend. I just need to get a suitable bike with a plate. I should have one by then, if not I may ride the GS on GS friendly roads, but I really want to see the single track.

Is there any way to do this ride without a plate? For that, I have suitable mounts.

http://laceyphoto.smugmug.com/
das Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:03 AM   #37
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist

What's the game plan for this ride?

I'm accustomed to trailering my dirt bikes and camping gear to the riding area. Are you going to ride down from where ever home is and run the trails with all your gear on you or are you going to haul bikes and gear? I guess what I'm asking is; are you going to ride a DS thumper for two days (one night in a motel) with only what you can put in a day pack and on the bike and then ride home? Is this trip Bike-Backpacking?

I guess being far from home and running the risk of a breakdown with no easy out, like a truck and trailer nearby, is what makes it an Adventure.

Old 07-05-2005, 11:51 AM   #38
a16tony
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by CascadeThumper
So the plan is for Saturday, July 16 and Sunday July 17 with the night spent at or near "Whstlin' Jacks" Sounds great and the pics make it even more inviting. Where does everyone meet up on Saturday morning? A suggestion might be Buzzy's Cafe in Greenwater (Hwy 410) they open at 6 a.m. both Saturday and Sunday (360) 663-2421. What do you think?
Now,you know how tiny that place is. Only 3-1/2 booths inside, the rest is outside.
a16tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:56 AM   #39
a16tony
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by das Rider
I'm accustomed to trailering my dirt bikes and camping gear to the riding area. Are you going to ride down from where ever home is and run the trails with all your gear on you or are you going to haul bikes and gear? I guess what I'm asking is; are you going to ride a DS thumper for two days (one night in a motel) with only what you can put in a day pack and on the bike and then ride home? Is this trip Bike-Backpacking?

I guess being far from home and running the risk of a breakdown with no easy out, like a truck and trailer nearby, is what makes it an Adventure.
I just bought a 5x10 trailer and will be my first trailered DS ride(fear of break downs). At this time, Gentry and I are truck/trailerpooling there.
a16tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:00 PM   #40
CascadeThumper
Critical Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
Buzzy's Cafe is not large, 'tis true, but you do go right past it....I'm not familiar enough with the area to offer an alternative Saturday morning meeting spot. Maybe "Whistlin' Jacks", I've never been there so I don't know if they serve breakfast, or would be agreeable to having a bunch of DS-types show up early Saturday morning. One question: Is this ride going to be F-650 Dakar friendly, or is it more oriented to single track lightweight trail bikes? At this point I plan on riding to whatever meeting spot is decided on Saturday morning.
CascadeThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:07 PM   #41
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...

I think a Dakar would be just fine. There are some good places to meet along the way on 410. I've gotta check. I might go on a recon ride this weekend if I get time.

Cheers

Chad

Old 07-05-2005, 03:08 PM   #42
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist

Boy, am I glad to hear that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a16tony
I just bought a 5x10 trailer and will be my first trailered DS ride(fear of break downs). At this time, Gentry and I are truck/trailerpooling there.
I was wondering how I was going to get riding gear for two days, street clothes and personal effects on a thumper and run the mountains with it all. Now the flood gates are open. My 4x4 quad cab pickup, Lance camper, and 7x14 enclosed trailer MIGHT hold all the stuff I'll need for two days, if my wife and boys stay home. I might even bring multiple bikes.

So back to my original question; if we are going to ride from and to the same trailhead, can I make this ride on an unlicensed (no plate) WR250F, or will I need a license plate? Are these Forest Service roads or ORV trails you are planning to ride? Will you be breaking out onto roads throughout the day?

Old 07-05-2005, 03:27 PM   #43
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by das Rider
I was wondering how I was going to get riding gear for two days, street clothes and personal effects on a thumper and run the mountains with it all. Now the flood gates are open. My 4x4 quad cab pickup, Lance camper, and 7x14 enclosed trailer MIGHT hold all the stuff I'll need for two days, if my wife and boys stay home. I might even bring multiple bikes.

So back to my original question; if we are going to ride from and to the same trailhead, can I make this ride on an unlicensed (no plate) WR250F, or will I need a license plate? Are these Forest Service roads or ORV trails you are planning to ride? Will you be breaking out onto roads throughout the day?

Officially its DS but Ive seen non plated bikes around. Im waiting a bit (not much longer) to finalize plans depending on who comes with what bikes.

Its looking like KLR/DRZ/GS group stuff.

Old 07-05-2005, 04:26 PM   #44
soulbooty
gentrywife

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
My wife is planning to check around the area and see what accomodation options/prices there are at the beginning of the week. She'll post.

Cafe sounds good,

Cheers
I've done a bit of research and calling around for accommodations. Whistlin Jack's is booked out for that weekend, though I found this place by accident.

http://www.silverbeach.biz/

$49.50 + tax for motel room

All the cabins are booked out but the motel is still open. Looks pretty alright..and for those who would rather camp - it's all there. They have a restaurant too!

Dunno if it's a good location - you'll have to let me know what you all think...

For all the ladies out there who aren't riding and want to come along, we could go for a hike or lounge on the beach while the others are out. I'll keep you posted on more options if I find any...
soulbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:54 PM   #45
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...

Wot?!? My better half scare everyone off??

She may have her own wheels by then....