Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
Adventureollie OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Dr350

Hello all
My dr350 1994 kick start ( my daily )
About a Month ago it all of a sudden had this problem , when I would go to work in the morning after I had gone down the dual carriageway the bike would feel like its about to cut out then go again and when I came to a stop it cuts out and would not start again . After a few kicks it comes back to life but won't rev ? You can rev it slowly but anymore than that and it will just bog and die . So I drained the carb off and it seemed fine .
A day later it did the same thing , so took the carb off and cleaned it properly . Few days later same thing happens . Sometimes it happens first things in the morning when I start it up but sometimes its fine .
Anyway I striped the bike down . Cleaned the tank ( was quite alot of crap in there ) cleaned the carb again , put inline fuel filter , checked valve clearances , tested the the coil to make sure the spark wasn't breaking down , new plug , new plug cap , cleaned the airbox and airfilter , checked the kill switch , side stand switch removed . Did a compression test was just over 100psi that seems quite low but surely the problem would be all the time and not every now and again if compression was low ?
Sorry for the long winded thread but I really am scratching my head with this one .
Any help would be great

Ollie
Adventureollie is offline   Reply With Quote