Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #31
Clancy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by bully1 View Post
I spotted this thing last weekend, built by the same guy that built Eaglebeaks, Rowdy's and hopefully mine . New owner is obviously riding the tits off it, was spotted down south last weekend as well as outside the Dwellingup pub where I had a long chat to the new owner. It really is a work of art, as said with height adjustable sidecar, car tyres on rear and same on sidecar, polished jerrycans on the back ( fuel range in excess of 700kms ). very nice bike.

If Toad says that it rides that well, then be assured that it does, Toad does know his chairs.

The builder is reknowned for his front ends and his work with GSX 14's.

After several head gaskets on My PD I've gone out and picked up a GSX in similar colour to this one ( same as Clancy's ) and now just waiting to get it in for the addition of my sidecar to the new tug.

Slade what was the MRA screen that you ordered, looked at the site and got all confused.

Just a thought on screens. I got mine from Peter at Screens for Bikes. Not cheap but it's like anything else; you get what you pay for. This is the third bike of mine that he's made a screen for and I couldn't be happier.

I'm only a short arse so it pushes the wind over the top of my helmet, but if you wanted something a bit taller I'm sure he'd do it.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #32
Slade 330
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
Now your making me feel guilty fo riding my bike all the time

the link to the fairing, I reckon it works great without being in ya face so to speak. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/300809831...#ht_1276wt_907I spotted this thing last weekend, built by the same guy that built Eaglebeaks, Rowdy's and hopefully mine . New owner is obviously riding the tits off it, was spotted down south last weekend as well as outside the Dwellingup pub where I had a long chat to the new owner. It really is a work of art, as said with height adjustable sidecar, car tyres on rear and same on sidecar, polished jerrycans on the back ( fuel range in excess of 700kms ). very nice bike.

If Toad says that it rides that well, then be assured that it does, Toad does know his chairs.

The builder is reknowned for his front ends and his work with GSX 14's.

After several head gaskets on My PD I've gone out and picked up a GSX in similar colour to this one ( same as Clancy's ) and now just waiting to get it in for the addition of my sidecar to the new tug.

Slade what was the MRA screen that you ordered, looked at the site and got all confused.[/QUOTE]
Slade 330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #33
Slade 330
Adventurer

Stainless Jerry Cans

[IMG]rear car tyres and a finger photo IMG_1061_zps410b8ecb.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #34
Slade 330
Adventurer

Hey Sidecar John how are you weighing it up so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecarjohn View Post
This isn't a question to set off another personal choice war, more to gain insight.

Various build threads and views of sidecar activity in Australia appears to show that the popular models are big Suzuki GS variations, notably the 1400, and the old BMW Ks. At times have considered the Suzuki as an alternative to the current K, but it would be good to get some opinions from our colonial brethren.

Strengths, weaknesses, honest stuff, not simply waving the flag for a particular manufacturer.
Hey Sidecar John how are you weighing it up so far?
Old 02-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #35
Eaglebeak
Aussie BM rider, West Oz.

Oddometer: 1,840
Hi Bully, maybe all the WA GSX outfit owners should turn up at this years Border Run ?
There must be half a dozen or more by now.

Andrew.
Eaglebeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:58 AM   #36
bully1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglebeak View Post
Hi Bully, maybe all the WA GSX outfit owners should turn up at this years Border Run ?
There must be half a dozen or more by now.

Andrew.

I'll be there, leave early friday via the Hyden-Norseman camp out at the 90 mile, you coming this year ???

we have Vince, Rowdy, Slade, yourself, me and several others that don't frequent here, Chucky etc as well as Norm himself. With some planning we could do the telegraph track and then home via Rawlinna.
'92 R100GSPD ( modified)...........slow and easy
bully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:09 AM   #37
Eaglebeak

I'm trying to get a new job, so that might interfere with my plans.
(hint, month on/month off)
I'll know more in a month or so.

But all going well, I'll be there.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:47 AM   #38
Slade 330
Adventurer

I will be in that !!!

Maybe we should do a day run meet up for a beer and organise a run , see how we go
I am keen to ride at any opportunity, as you guessed!
Old 02-02-2013, 03:08 AM   #39
bully1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade 330 View Post
Maybe we should do a day run meet up for a beer and organise a run , see how we go
I am keen to ride at any opportunity, as you guessed!

I should have grabbed your number Slade, Loose bruce and myself are planning an overnighter down in Cuballing early may, as well as that Guzzimike and I are planning a "4 rocks ride" later in the year
'92 R100GSPD ( modified)...........slow and easy
bully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:01 AM   #40
Sidecarjohn OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 712
Hello Slade and other colonial inmates,
This has all been most informative, so far. I have to say that I've loosely contemplated the Suzuki big uns for a while, and things may get a little more than "loosely". Not getting any younger, so you never know ?

Still prevailing with the Beemer K outfit, which we have put some time and effort into, but doesn't mean it's forever. However, a little reassurance, if possible.

BMWs do have, and have always had recognised problems, don't I know it, and some things only became known after joining the respective air head (two of em), and K (current tug) clubs. So, whilst it isn't likely a deal breaker, are there any skeletons in the Suzuki cupboard ? When contemplating spending the pension I will need some left for essentials such as food. I don't want to ask the missus to miss a few meals for some surprise problem.

http://www.sidecarjohn.co.uk/
Sidecarjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #41
Slade 330
Adventurer

are there any skeletons in the Suzuki cupboard

Sidecar John "are there any skeletons in the Suzuki cupboard"
NO!
but I have not had mine that long Although I haven't heard of anyone else with problems, but others may know.
But don't loose your key that can become pricey on the later models, probably like all newish bikes with imobalisers
Old 02-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #42
Eaglebeak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade 330 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
It'd be pretty bloody hard on the eyes following this with the sun shining on those cans.

One of my mates complains about the shine coming off the small (~5x4 inch) plate on the overlocker on one of my jerry can holders.
And it is gloss black.

Not always, but when the sun is at the right angle it's pretty bright apparently.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:32 AM   #43
Slade 330
Adventurer

they wont be that clean for long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglebeak View Post
It'd be pretty bloody hard on the eyes following this with the sun shining on those cans.

One of my mates complains about the shine coming off the small (~5x4 inch) plate on the overlocker on one of my jerry can holders.
And it is gloss black.

Not always, but when the sun is at the right angle it's pretty bright apparently.
they won't be that clean for long, no different to old cars big chrome bumpers
Old 02-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #44
Jeff 8
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
I have a 1999 Bandit with a double sidecar, done 100,000 km over the past 12 years and it still great. The only things I would want is a bigger fuel tank and a sixth gear, maybe better fuel economy, but I don't ride it in 'economy mode'. It is still on it's original clutch even with the abuse I have given it. I would recommend one.

Jeff

Jeff 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #45
Slade 330
Adventurer

phone no

Quote:
Originally Posted by bully1 View Post
I should have grabbed your number Slade, Loose bruce and myself are planning an overnighter down in Cuballing early may, as well as that Guzzimike and I are planning a "4 rocks ride" later in the year
Mark 0417 711 824