User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
lmyamen OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 332
Got myself a new bike!!

After searching craigslist nationwide I finally found and purchased an 03 Z1000 that matched what I wanted. I do not have the bike in my posession yet. I live in Iowa and the bike is in California, I found it on craigslist. My dad actually purchased a bike out in California the same day as me so rather then ship 2 bikes he decided to make a trip of it with my mom and go pick up both bikes. I just received these pictures today, he picked up the bike in Fresno. They should be back some time next week. I did already go online and purchase and color matched rear seat cowl. I plan on getting a belly pan for it also.

Details on the bike, it's an 03 with 29K miles. Power Commander III, Yoshi exhaust, and a mild cam.

my Dad loading the bike.

Should share my dads pick up also, he got a Turbo Charged Honda CBX

lmyamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:14 AM   #2
elementalg20
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 782
Congrats, the Z's are cool. But that CBX is something else....whoa. I only live about 45 min SE of Des Moines, hopefully one day I'll get to see it.....

Gone...1998 Triumph Trophy 1200 2000 KTM Adventure 640, 1994 BMW R1100RS, 2002 BMW K1200RS,1999 VFR800, 1996 VFR750, 1985 Maxim X, 198x 250LTD
elementalg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:46 AM   #3
Contevita
Cigar Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,754
More pics of the CBX!
Contevita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:22 AM   #4
andoulli
CAJUN

Oddometer: 2,114
Jesus, a stankin turbo no less, you just got out cooled by a geezer.
andoulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:24 AM   #5
ka5ysy
Doug

Oddometer: 819
Old Farts Rule !

2011 BMW R1200RT
MSF/RidersEdge #127350, NAUI #36288
ka5ysy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:54 AM   #6
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
J.H. Christ! Those are two smokin' hot nekkid bikes!

That's some Old Man you got there.

...Ride Careful, Now!
M3-SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:22 AM   #7
lmyamen OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Ha he always has some pretty cool bikes. Right now he has a 74 Guzzi Eldorado, a 74 Norton 850 Commando, and now the CBX on top of that. I also do own a 76 BMW R90/6
Old 02-16-2013, 05:25 AM   #8
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 30,875
Yes! And you got one in that cool screamin' orange color. Z's are fantastic bikes and can be had for a very good price.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:34 AM   #9
celticus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmyamen View Post
After searching craigslist nationwide I finally found and purchased an 03 Z1000 that matched what I wanted. I do not have the bike in my posession yet. I live in Iowa and the bike is in California, I found it on craigslist. My dad actually purchased a bike out in California the same day as me so rather then ship 2 bikes he decided to make a trip of it with my mom and go pick up both bikes. I just received these pictures today, he picked up the bike in Fresno. They should be back some time next week. I did already go online and purchase and color matched rear seat cowl. I plan on getting a belly pan for it also.

Details on the bike, it's an 03 with 29K miles. Power Commander III, Yoshi exhaust, and a mild cam.

my Dad loading the bike.

Should share my dads pick up also, he got a Turbo Charged Honda CBX
Great color! You'll be able to ride yours. Your Dad's maybe nice to look at or think about but I don't know about riding it. I hope so.
celticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:40 AM   #10
lmyamen OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks guys, I know my Dad will do some refreshing on the CBX as it is not currently running… He plans on riding it but he also has 5 motorcycles so it wont be an everyday bike for him.

I spent some time looking across the country for the right Z, I knew I wanted the orange and I wanted one that was extremely clean and never laid over. After almost settling on a blue one because I could not find the one I wanted I found this one out in California. It's funny how people forget to mention in their ads that the bike has damage or has been laid over until you actually make an offer. I had to go through that with 3 bikes and that is why I almost settled on the blue one.

I am looking forward to some nice riding weather and getting this bike out an putting some miles on it. I am headed in September to do a loop around lake Superior with some friends on Speed Triples so that was one of the reasons I picked this bike up. I also wanted something very different from my R90 to have a bit of a selection of what I wanted to ride.

Here is a short video I was sent of it running from my Dad when he picked it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMRrZzQpTrU