Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #196
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankmittal View Post
28L panniers? Nice!
Sent you an email yesterday Rob, need an L-bolt for one of the mounts urgently. Email me when you get a chance.
No problem. I responded to your email. :)
Old 05-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #197
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

The new THINNER 28L World Class Pannier

We've been told more than a few times that the Globescouts are GREAT, but just a bit too big. Starting in this June shipment, we're importing a smaller 28L pannier. Opting to a 28L / 35L kit from the larger 35L / 45L setup will shave 10 CM from pannier kit width! The smaller pannier features the same construction as it's larger siblings:
  • 1.5 MM Thick Aluminum Magnesium Alloy Construction
  • Two Finishes - Natural and Anodized Black
  • Double Gasket Lid System to keep water and dust out
  • Locking, Latching Compression Latch that doubles as a hinge
  • Completely Detachable Mounting Bracket
  • 100% Steel Mounting Puck System (not plastic)
  • Removable, Replaceable Corners

The 28L Panniers are available individually and in every motorcycle specific kit we sell. A few pictures of the top:

Old 05-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #198
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

New Globescout Kits for 2012+ Suzuki DL650 V-Strom & BMW R1150GS

If you have a brand new Suzuki DL650 V-Strom or the legendary BMW R1150GS, you are in luck! We've added kits specifically for both of the great bikes. You can now build a kit in less than 60 seconds for each.

DL650: Click Here
R1150GS: Click Here

If you have a bike that we DON'T have a kit for, please let us know. We would be happy to add it in! We're also adding more pictures all of the time. Come visit our Globescout Portal again and see what's new.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #199
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,685
Wow... I was thinking that a 35/45 might be a bit much on my Tiger 800, but a 28/35 combo might be just the ticket.

Unfortunately, funds are a bit tight, but I may at least try to get an order in for a top case and maybe get the side cases later. Will more Tiger 800 mounting plates be available with the June shipment as well?
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #200
shashankmittal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Rob, do you have the inner bag for the XTOP27 case in stock? Globescout confirmed that have it, but its not yet listed on their website. Could you PM me the cost, shipped to 01887?
Old 05-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #201
freefall109
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Just received my shipment of the Globescout Cases in Natural finish. I can't express the quality and attention to craftsmanship. Very happy with my decision to make this purchase, these are without a doubt the best hard cases on the market in my opinion.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #202
nikoktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 265
Hi Rob,

As you suggested before I send an email requesting information for the panniers and mount for the 1190 Adventure R.
I just noticed you guys have new "kits" for other bikes... "What about me"??????

I really want that panniers on my bike!... Any approximate date for the availability ?

Regards,

Nicolas V
nikoktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #203
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Rob, do you have the inner bag for the XTOP27 case in stock? Globescout confirmed that have it, but its not yet listed on their website. Could you PM me the cost, shipped to 01887?
Hi Shashank,

They'll be in the June order. I'll place them on the website here shortly. I've just been holding off because I haven't received pictures of them yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall109 View Post
Just received my shipment of the Globescout Cases in Natural finish. I can't express the quality and attention to craftsmanship. Very happy with my decision to make this purchase, these are without a doubt the best hard cases on the market in my opinion.

Awesome! I'm thrilled you like them. Comments like these is why I love doing this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoktm View Post
Hi Rob,

As you suggested before I send an email requesting information for the panniers and mount for the 1190 Adventure R.
I just noticed you guys have new "kits" for other bikes... "What about me"??????
We're actually at the mercy of Hepco and Becker on this. There is a part number for the 1190 mounting rack, but no one will commit to a delivery time. I've called them again (again, again) today and will let you know what they have to say now. Once the dam opens and they start producing them, it should be easy to get them. I don't think it's happened yet though...

It's pretty much the same thing with the 2013 R1200GS. Those were finally available late April.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #204
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
Wow... I was thinking that a 35/45 might be a bit much on my Tiger 800, but a 28/35 combo might be just the ticket.

Unfortunately, funds are a bit tight, but I may at least try to get an order in for a top case and maybe get the side cases later. Will more Tiger 800 mounting plates be available with the June shipment as well?
Whoops, forgot ya there - yep, they will be.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #205
shashankmittal
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
They'll be in the June order. I'll place them on the website here shortly. I've just been holding off because I haven't received pictures of them yet.
Awesome! Looking forward to it.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #206
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Awesome! Looking forward to it.
Crap, I forgot about your latch today. I'll have to take care of it tomorrow. :(

Sorry about that.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #207
shashankmittal
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
Crap, I forgot about your latch today. I'll have to take care of it tomorrow. :(

Sorry about that.
No problem. The latch and the spacers ;) can't wait to put that top case on!
Old 05-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #208
Makis54
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Tr650

Do you know if Globescout has a kit in the works for the Husky TR650? Thanks in advance.
Makis54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #209
Nanook
Shawn Morton

Oddometer: 6
Hi Rob

I'm having a little trouble with your automated e-mail, I didn't get a response the last few times I sent an inquiry. Tonight I did get a response and it was to inform me that I hadn't responded to the last message even though I had. I have also left you a couple of phone messages without any response. I just need to confirm my order and weather we can ship that top box and kit before June. also I want to swap out the 45L Pannier for the 28L and the inner case. I know you are dealing with family issues so please when you can could you give me a call.

Shawn Morton
Calgary Canada
Nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #210
fnatic
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
Hi Rob

I'm having a little trouble with your automated e-mail, I didn't get a response the last few times I sent an inquiry. Tonight I did get a response and it was to inform me that I hadn't responded to the last message even though I had. I have also left you a couple of phone messages without any response. I just need to confirm my order and weather we can ship that top box and kit before June. also I want to swap out the 45L Pannier for the 28L and the inner case. I know you are dealing with family issues so please when you can could you give me a call.

Shawn Morton
Calgary Canada
Hey Shawn

I too am in the same boat, haven't had a reply for a couple of days (which is out of the norm). Rob is pretty quick to respond to all enquiries. I believe he has some extra help on board, but he will get back to you.