Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #436
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
Wow. A big part of why I ordered the Globescouts was because of YOU Rob. You impressed me with your willingness to help.

After having far too many stressful business transactions, I've grown increasingly skeptical and frankly I've demanded a better level of customer service or I've refused to do business with companies. To say the least I'm nervous now. Let's hope the new owners do as well as you.

Oh, I still can't wait to get my panniers. Any new info of possible delivery dates?
Thanks!

I wouldn't worry much. Along with the purchase of the sites, the new owner has also purchased a rather significant block of my time to ensure that everything transitions smoothly and nothing gets dropped. I'd be surprised if I wasn't still involved somewhat come the beginning of 2014.

Additionally, i think folks will get *better* service -- at least than what I've been able to provide since Bill passed. We've been somewhat a rag-tag team of part-timers, and at times it's shown. The new guys have more folks, more resources, and frankly more ambition than I've had since May. It's really rather exciting, actually. Kinda makes me want to be more involved in a way. It also helps that they are really good guys too. If not, the deal would have never happened.

In regard to the GlobeScout order, we're still waiting on a ship and delivery date from them. We have a small air shipment that literally just left Europe this week (a top case or two, and other odds and ends) but the *BIG* order is still TBD.

One thing to note is that it's *REALLY* big. 25% larger than our last order, with a surprise or two in it. ;)

Sign up for the newsletter if you want to know what it is... Paul will be sending out a newsletter next week announcing a new product.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:07 AM   #437
dirt donkey
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Tiger 800xc 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall109 View Post
Been running the 35/28L combo for a few weeks now. Very happy with the cases. I get stopped by spectators twice as often when I have them on and the biggest question I've asked myself, is any sticker important enough to put on these beautiful cases.

Does anyone have pictures of either size top box on a Tiger 800?
i have the T800 xtop 27 ltr. looks great on the bike.
for all those waiting - i waited all Summer and i eventually got the box. I am very happy with the purchase. Great product and good price. It did come out to $500+, but the box will last a long time.

I can now walk around in the dead of summer without carrying my jacket. And i can drive to the beach and store things.
One thing that would be nice if Globescout would change is on the Nylon inside pocket, which is very nice quality, if they could turn the top left buckle around so the clip faces outward. That would make unlatching it, easier. I just twisted the buckle around, so it makes for a quick unlatch/latch, for getting at my sneakers and running shorts.

flickr.com/photos/25817568@N04/sets/72157635417471143/

dirt donkey screwed with this post 09-08-2013 at 12:18 AM Reason: i am a donkey :)
dirt donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #438
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt donkey View Post
i have the T800 xtop 27 ltr. looks great on the bike.
for all those waiting - i waited all Summer and i eventually got the box. I am very happy with the purchase. Great product and good price. It did come out to $500+, but the box will last a long time.

I can now walk around in the dead of summer without carrying my jacket. And i can drive to the beach and store things.
One thing that would be nice if Globescout would change is on the Nylon inside pocket, which is very nice quality, if they could turn the top left buckle around so the clip faces outward. That would make unlatching it, easier. I just twisted the buckle around, so it makes for a quick unlatch/latch, for getting at my sneakers and running shorts.

flickr.com/photos/25817568@N04/sets/72157635417471143/
Old 09-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #439
GrumpyOne
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
Rob - Any news on the "Big" order yet?

Cheers,
jw

Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
In regard to the GlobeScout order, we're still waiting on a ship and delivery date from them. We have a small air shipment that literally just left Europe this week (a top case or two, and other odds and ends) but the *BIG* order is still TBD.

One thing to note is that it's *REALLY* big. 25% larger than our last order, with a surprise or two in it. ;)

Sign up for the newsletter if you want to know what it is... Paul will be sending out a newsletter next week announcing a new product.
IBA #59099
GrumpyOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #440
JDMitchell
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Rob, I visited your website and was pleasantly surprised to see a military discount. I really appreciate that especially when you are so competitively priced to start with, and I would be very interested in buying a full kit for my Honda, I do have a couple questions pertaining to my NC700x though.

1. Any interference issues with the your rack or panniers if I already have a Givi monokey trunk setup?

2. Any pictures of the 45 liter panniers on a NC700x to see if they are proportianate or extend past the bar ends? I would like to have the added room but would probably go with the 35 liter cans if the 45's look to big for the bike.

Thanks again and I look forward to supporting your business since you obviously support our troops.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:52 PM   #441
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOne View Post
Rob - Any news on the "Big" order yet?

Cheers,
jw
Nuthin yet, to me at least. I'm not sure if Paul has been speaking with them (I'm assuming so, considering he asked me for their number...)

Anyway, I just reached out to the guys and I'll post an update here shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMitchell View Post
Rob, I visited your website and was pleasantly surprised to see a military discount. I really appreciate that especially when you are so competitively priced to start with, and I would be very interested in buying a full kit for my Honda, I do have a couple questions pertaining to my NC700x though.

1. Any interference issues with the your rack or panniers if I already have a Givi monokey trunk setup?

2. Any pictures of the 45 liter panniers on a NC700x to see if they are proportianate or extend past the bar ends? I would like to have the added room but would probably go with the 35 liter cans if the 45's look to big for the bike.

Thanks again and I look forward to supporting your business since you obviously support our troops.
Great questions, neither of which I have answer to, unfortunately.

If you send me pictures of what you have installed (customerservice@motorcycleinsight.com) Paul and I would be glad to review what's going on. This post (of a HB mount with Pelican cases on it) might help somewhat.

I'll also need a handlebar width measurements. I'd imagine that you're looking at the 35L setup or smaller to keep it under the width of the bars.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #442
JDMitchell
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Rob, do you have any plans for a rear rack/trunk combo for the NC700X? Couldn't find anything on your website.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:35 AM   #443
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMitchell View Post
Rob, do you have any plans for a rear rack/trunk combo for the NC700X? Couldn't find anything on your website.
I think you're referring to a top box? I'll have to ask - I haven't discussed it with them prior.

FYI - panniers are still being assembled as of this morning at GlobeScout. We're still looking for a ship date and ETA.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #444
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quick update - spoke to Globescout this morning and they are aiming to have everything built and completed in the next two weeks. Shipping will take 10-15 business days after that.

We're looking at a mid to late October delivery date at the warehouse.

Rob
Old 09-17-2013, 06:59 PM   #445
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
I got my topbox today. Its already mounted up but its too dark to take any decent pics. It is very sturdy though and well made.

Just too bad the sidecases are another month away.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #446
riverman
Life is great !

Oddometer: 152
Any photos yet of the 28L's on the Tiger 800XC?

'11 WR250R
'13 Tiger 800XC
riverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #447
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverman View Post
Any photos yet of the 28L's on the Tiger 800XC?
Yep - less than one page ago:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=405
Old 09-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #448
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Just a quick FYI - we have a design change for the 2013+ R1200GS Topcase mount. Folks with existing units will be getting updated parts. All future orders will get the revised version.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #449
hammick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,495
Looking to order my Globescouts today or tomorrow. Looking for feedback on passenger comfort using the 40l or 27l topbox on a 2013 watercooled GS (just the right position, to far forward, too far back, etc.) Thanks.

p.s: I would prefer the 27l case but suspect it will be too low to double as a passenger backrest.
hammick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #450
hammick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,495
I ordered a set of the notched Globescout 35l in black. I hope to have them by the end of October.
hammick is offline   Reply With Quote