Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #526
GrumpyOne
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Grrrrrrrrr, after months of waiting I open the box to find.... the wrong color panniers.
(Order confirmation and Packing slip are correct, but what's in the box is not.)

Yes I've tried to contact them (3 different ways) and I've not heard back yet.

Just needed to vent.

jw
IBA #59099

GrumpyOne screwed with this post 11-22-2013 at 05:11 PM
GrumpyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #527
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOne View Post
Grrrrrrrrr, after months of waiting I open the box to find.... the wrong color panniers.
(Order confirmation and Packing slip are correct, but what's in the box is not.)

Just needed to vent.

jw
That sucks! I've been getting frustrated waiting so long too, but I didn't have this problem so I really feel for you. If it's any consolation, they've always gotten back with me when I've contacted them. The problem is they aren't open on Mondays or Fridays. If you send a PM here though they usually respond.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #528
hammick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,637
Quote:

Just needed to vent.

jw
Even though my bags exceed my expectations I am thinking about how pissed I would be after waiting for months to find the wrong color. I feel bad for you.

They better get on this quick and bend over backwards to make you happy.

Hopefully they sent your bags to someone else in the US and get them swapped back quick.
hammick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #529
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,716
Quote:

Just needed to vent.

jw
LOL, with a name like yours, they sure picked the wrong guy's order to screw up.

Honestly, I'm surprised they haven't started ordering enough panniers to keep a healthy stock at all times. I imagine they've lost quite a few sales because of it. Unfortunately I had to replace my wrecked Globescouts with Zegas because they don't keep them in stock.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #530
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
With them being handmade, they take a while to make in the first place and theyve been selling fast here. The issue I see, which I expessed months ago, is why not offer air shipments if a customer is paying for it?

I would have gladly paid a few hundred extra. They still would have been cheaper than comparable Touratechs and I could have used them on numerous trips over the summer. As happy as I am with them, had I known it was going yo take almost 5 month to receive them I wouldnt have purchased these. The reason I did was because I was originally told less than half that time. I had 3 seperate long rides planned for the end of summer that I should have had these for but instead I was stuck without which was a major pain. Now there is snow on the ground when I finally got them.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #531
GrumpyOne
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
That sucks! I've been getting frustrated waiting so long too, but I didn't have this problem so I really feel for you. If it's any consolation, they've always gotten back with me when I've contacted them. The problem is they aren't open on Mondays or Fridays. If you send a PM here though they usually respond.
Yep, I contracted them via phone, e-mail, and PM.

jw
IBA #59099

GrumpyOne screwed with this post 11-25-2013 at 08:54 AM
GrumpyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #532
Hillclimber57
World Traveler

Oddometer: 6
Globescount Instructions

If anyone is interested I just received this from Selim at Globescout. Should make installation of panniers and top case a little easier.

http://www.globescout.com.tr/R1200GS...structions.pdf
Hillclimber57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #533
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,051
Quote:
Yep, I contracted them via phone, e-mail, and PM.

jw
Just a quick update - there are a few goings-on that I want to bring everyone up to speed on:
  • The new owner is in the middle of a move. They are relocating the business from the building that I own to thier existing facility that is about 25 miles away. The move started Wednesday and was expected to be completed on Sunday with PC and phone hookup, but it looks like it stretched into today due to some technical issues. (PC, predominately) Everything should be up and running starting tomorrow morning.
  • The move is poorly timed due to, well, me. I sold the building and I had to kick them out prior to close. It was pretty last minute, and I think everyone (except for the nice, deep pocketed guy who purchased the building ) would have rather this waited until after the beginning of the year.
  • The issue with the website is actively being worked on now. It's due to an upgrade to the hosting software (litespeed) and should be correct shortly.

You can still contact them via email (customerservice at lmcyclesupply dot com) and via phone 877-333-9669. I do believe that JW has recieved a call back and Paul is actively working on tracking down the black set.

Rob
Old 11-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #534
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,051
Also, 2013 R1200GS LC Special set install docs have been uploaded:

http://advdepot.com/install_docs/
Old 11-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #535
kevinkoller
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Product suggestion: A top case that you can fit a laptop in

I have had my Globescouts installed on my F700GS since August and I must say that they are quite nice. The only other panniers that I have owned are the stock vario panniers that came with my last 2007 F650GS thumper, and the aluminum bags beat them hands down. I even had a little fender bender with them that caused $600 of damage to another car and all I had to do to the pannier was wipe off the paint marks with a little acetone.

What I like:
1. Really slick system for quickly getting the top box on and off as well as locking it securely to the bike. Then once installed, there is no play at all.
2. The latches in general are killer
3. Being a mechanical engineer, I can confirm that overall material selection and fabrication quality are A+
4. I actually appreciated drilling my own cases. That way I could make sure that they were positioned exactly where I wanted and the side cases were leveled to match the top box.

What I would change:
1. The inner backing plates for the pucks are really sharp. I cut my hands a couple of times before I disassembled everything and filed down the sharp edges. These plates could really use a little bit of deburring after the laser cutting.
2. I think that it was pointed out in an earlier post that the plastic hooks on the nets are not nearly to the quality standard that the rest of the cases are built to. The net in the 45L case broke within about a day of being installed, and that was without any weight... just sitting there.
3. I think that the top box should have the hinges on the side. This would keep them from being a pain in my passenger's back as well as make for fewer sharp, angled surfaces to find their way into my back if I ever get rear ended.
4. I live in California, which means lane splitting, which in turn means that the side cases spend a lot of time in the garage. That said, it is quite the squeeze to fit my 15" laptop in the top case for my commute to work. It would be really great to have a wider, shorter top case, to be able to fit a laptop bag into. I could really see using both cases... the standard one for adventuring and a short wide one for commuting. Maybe 20 x 14 x 9 in, which would make it about 40L and it would fit a laptop messenger bag or backpack just about perfectly.

kevinkoller screwed with this post 11-25-2013 at 11:23 PM
kevinkoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #536
Hillclimber57
World Traveler

New Globescout Panniers/Topcase on 2014 GSW

I installed the 45L panniers and the 40L topcase over the last couple of days on my 2014 1200GSW. I had a couple of questions with the topcase mounting bracket and got some help from riders on ADVrider but also reached out to Selim at Globescout. He was really responsive with some good ideas.

The panniers and topcase were well worth the wait. The quality is excellent and they look great on the bike. Here are some of the pics:

Old 11-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #537
Hillclimber57
World Traveler

This time with pics.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #538
Hillclimber57
World Traveler

New Globescout Panniers/Topcase on 2014 GSW

Sorry hit submit too quick but the post above is my 2014 1200GSW with the 45L panniers and the 40L topcase. Had a few questions on the topcase mounting bracket but had some others chime in from ADVrider on advice. Also, Selim from Globescout was quite helpful and responsive to my questions.

In the end, the panniers and topcase were well worth the long wait. Thet are excellent quality and look great on the bike. Now just need the weather to warm up to really test them out.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #539
K7TNT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
Wow, looks very good
K7TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:58 AM   #540
RobbieO
Banned

Oddometer: 8,161
Hey Rob!

Can these bags be mounted to a removable SW-Mototech rack?

http://shop.sw-motech.com/en/by+prod...rier/index.htm
RobbieO is offline   Reply With Quote