Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2014, 02:44 PM   #706
kendives
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOne View Post
Might not be classic, but black Globescouts sure do look good. (IMHO)

-jw
+1 for black

I had black Happy-Trails on my GS. I was going with the natural look Globescouts for the GSWA until I saw the black. They look goooooood
Old 08-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #707
Merlinx1
dreamer

Oddometer: 16
Still no exhaust cut system for the KTM 1190 adv?
Merlinx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:51 PM   #708
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Oddometer: 690
I ordered the black as well. Just waiting for updates.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:38 PM   #709
ahamay
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Read through most of this thread but may have missed if this has been covered, does the loop-sided case size cause the bike to be overly weighted towards the heavier/larger pannier side? They look nice and I am interested in picking up a set but would like feedback from those who have these.
ahamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:01 PM   #710
GrumpyOne
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamay View Post
Read through most of this thread but may have missed if this has been covered, does the loop-sided case size cause the bike to be overly weighted towards the heavier/larger pannier side? They look nice and I am interested in picking up a set but would like feedback from those who have these.
Sounds like a similar question to the one asked here: Question about after market exhaust

No, you'll not notice any difference in weight. The bags end up being only a small fraction of overall weight especially once the rider is on the bike.
Example: Many times when while commuting I have 25lbs+ of tools etc. in one bag and the other empty. I've never noticed the weight or any handling difference.

Cheers,
-jw
IBA #59099
GrumpyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:21 AM   #711
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamay View Post
No, not really. The difference in weight is negligible between the smaller and larger panniers. In any case, you have the exhaust on the smaller side, right?

Expanding on this more, when packing, I assume the side with the exhaust is a bit heavier and try to put slightly heavier items in the other box. Honestly though, I don't think it really matters much. Unless you have an significant weight differential between the two sides, it's just business as normal.

I'm glad to see this thread still going.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:19 AM   #712
Kazky
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Hey Rob

Any panniers available for 2014 F800GSA? Possibly a "special" unit that utilizes the BMW OEM side racks. My bike comes with it.

If there is, I'm gonna order it right away. Any difference ordering from advdepot or adv motorrad?
Kazky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:41 PM   #713
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazky View Post
Hey Rob

Any panniers available for 2014 F800GSA? Possibly a "special" unit that utilizes the BMW OEM side racks. My bike comes with it.

If there is, I'm gonna order it right away. Any difference ordering from advdepot or adv motorrad?
Got me on availablity - Paul would have to comment on that. Paul's company purchased the rights and sites from me nearly a year ago. They've been killing it ever since.

ADVDepot is where you go for Globescout. ADV Motorrad is not associated. They predominantly carry Holan, who I actually dropped when I owned ADVDepot due to quality and supply issues.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:43 PM   #714
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
I can't stop staring at your bike. Dat color and dose cases really make me want a 1200 GS again.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:00 AM   #715
GrumpyOne
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
I can't stop staring at your bike. Dat color and dose cases really make me want a 1200 GS again.

Glad you like it. It's due to you that I sold the Varios and went w/ Globescout. Turned out very nice.

-jw

(From a club ride starting from my local dealer this morning...)
IBA #59099
GrumpyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:29 AM   #716
Kazky
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
Got me on availablity - Paul would have to comment on that. Paul's company purchased the rights and sites from me nearly a year ago. They've been killing it ever since.

ADVDepot is where you go for Globescout. ADV Motorrad is not associated. They predominantly carry Holan, who I actually dropped when I owned ADVDepot due to quality and supply issues.
Thanks Rob. Will order it real soon.
Kazky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:54 PM   #717
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Glad you like it. It's due to you that I sold the Varios and went w/ Globescout. Turned out very nice.

-jw

(From a club ride starting from my local dealer this morning...)
I'm really glad to help. It did turn out awesome!

The thing I miss most after selling the business (you know, other than my dad) was talking to folks all about motorcycles. Seeing the final product was absolutely the best. It made (and makes) me really happy to know that people are happy with what I sent them. It's why I started all of this to begin with.

F800Riders.org to bring people together, F800Depot.com to help folks find stuff for a bike that was being ignored, and ADVDepot.com because FYYFF.

Anyway, I'm probably going to bail out of this thread for a bit. It's been nearly two years since I started it, and I'm so glad that GS continued to produce a world-class product, and that it's doing so well.

Selim from GlobeScout proper is an absolutely amazing guy. Paul from ADVDepot is just an all around awesome dude too - and a wealth of knowledge. True story, he has actually been a parts manager at multiple BMW dealers.

Take care guys. See you around.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:10 PM   #718
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Oddometer: 690
I'm waiting for the 35/45 combo for my '02 Tiger, but am wondering if anyone has the carry handles. Are they worth the money?
Old 08-19-2014, 01:37 PM   #719
Kretsch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Delivery

Any update on delivery? 2014 GSA
Kretsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:15 AM   #720
prudolf
LM Cycle Supply

Oddometer: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kretsch View Post
Any update on delivery? 2014 GSA
Everything is in customs as of yesterday, so we are very close to our delivery.

Adventure Motorcycle Depot | S1000RR Depot | F800 Depot | Twalcom USA
prudolf is offline   Reply With Quote