User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #1
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,398
Have your kids send drawings to a recovering Greythound

In short, Freddy (the Greythound) was terribly injured. The AWESOME folks at Ohio State are fixing him up. Here is an update they send out in the form of a letter from Freddy.

Hey everybody,
I have LOTS of news. First, take a look at me eating!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, I know. They're wrapping me in pink. I've asked my secretary Christine to speak with the Drs about that but she doesn't want to upset the apple cart cuz guess what? My special surgeon Dr. Pugliese roasted me up a whole bunch of pork loins to eat and I'm lovin' it.

More good news. I'm not in ICU anymore!! I've had all the pumps and stuff taken away and now I get all my medicine in my food. Did I tell you that I'm getting fed 5 times a day. I love it.

My new hotel room is really big. I can move around more. For the very first time today, I was able to get up on my own. I didn't need any help. The bandages on my right leg are really big and stiff so it's kinda hard but I DID it!

The Drs say that my wounds are healing. They'll never fill in so I'm going to have some holes and I've heard them say that my right leg is questionable. Don't know what that means but for now I'm happy.

Do you have kids? Maybe they'd send me drawings to decorate my hotel room. It's kind of boring to look at when I'm laying down.

Here's my address
The Greyhound Program
Ohio State University Veterinary Center
Attn: Freddy & Dr. Pugliese
601 Vernon Tharp Rd.
Columbus, OH 43210

and thanks for thinking of me and sending me your love. It helps.
Freddy

Here are a couple of pics of Freddy, after a whole lot of surgery and other treatment.

If you are of a mind to help Freddy out with some $$, go here; http://greyhoundrescuerehab.org/freddy.html
Old 02-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
Berto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,300
Hope freddy gets well soon. sent a few bucks to help out

Everyone has a use in life. Even if it is only to serve as a bad example
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: