Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2014, 09:05 AM   #61
lacofdfireman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoelessJoe View Post
Quick bump to this thread as I am looking at getting one of these. How heavy is the jacket? I have a Badlands pro, but the damn thing is heavy and probably too much jacket for me. Need something that is a little lighter and fits a more athletic build. There are no waist adjustment straps on the badlands.

Any thoughts?
I'm no expert here but have owned both. Currently still riding in the Badlands if that tells you something. I think it will all depend on your riding. While I think the Rev'it is high quality gear and fits better than KLIM I will say I still like my KLIM gear better. GoreTex being key here. I hated having to change out liners all the time in my REV'it gear. You can't beat Goretex. I have worn it it 115 degrees all the way down to 35 degrees with no liners or anything and been perfectly comfortable. It's waterproof and breathes... Like I said the Rev'it is excellent gear but no way I would go back after owning the Badlands gear. The Kidney belt is awesome. That's enough waist adjustment for me... Your call..
lacofdfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:49 AM   #62
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,483
Its much lighter than the badlands. I have both the jacket and pants. I had a sand 1 before this.

The fit on the sand is pretty tight in the ass and legs. I could use more room there.

The sand 2 jacket is longer than the sand 1. both the sand 2 pants and jacket have a little more room than the sand 1.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:30 AM   #63
Hoologan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx400 View Post
Its much lighter than the badlands. I have both the jacket and pants. I had a sand 1 before this.

The fit on the sand is pretty tight in the ass and legs. I could use more room there.

The sand 2 jacket is longer than the sand 1. both the sand 2 pants and jacket have a little more room than the sand 1.

You have abnormally large ass and legs though Chris ;)
Old 01-11-2014, 12:57 PM   #64
burmbuster OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,439
I actually ended up purchasing a new Moab from Olympia. I know their products from using them for the past 9 years. Love the versatility and fit.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #65
James Adams
Misplaced

Oddometer: 8,555
I bought a Sand 2 for use in the hot weather. It's quite light (much lighter than a Badlands jacket; it feels around half the weight of my Armas jacket) with the liners removed. The jacket is trim and the waist adjustment is effective and comfortable—not just a single band of webbing.

I opted for the lighter color as I figure it will be cooler in the summer sun.
James Adams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:20 AM   #66
spacemanvt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
question about the liners. i just got my sand 2... does the thermal liner for you guys only have 1 snap at the wrist?
spacemanvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:32 AM   #67
ChildlikeWonder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanvt View Post
question about the liners. i just got my sand 2... does the thermal liner for you guys only have 1 snap at the wrist?
Yeah, the rain liner is the only one that has a snap to mate with the top snap, the thermal just snaps to the front loop.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:57 AM   #68
spacemanvt
Adventurer

That's kinda of dumb it moves around a lot. Also this is my first motorcycle jacket and I got it in black. Kinda worried it's too dark. Hopefully the HV connector vest I also got will give me enough visibility.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2014, 12:32 PM   #69
spacemanvt
Adventurer

I just received my sand 2 jacket... was wondering if its normal to feel some air coming through the front two chest vents even when they are zipped up? I feel some airflow coming in at the top of the zips....
Old 02-12-2014, 12:40 PM   #70
ChildlikeWonder
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I just received my sand 2 jacket... was wondering if its normal to feel some air coming through the front two chest vents even when they are zipped up? I feel some airflow coming in at the top of the zips....
Are you sure the zips are all the way up? You have to kind of tuck them in under the flap with the tip of your finger.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #71
spacemanvt
Adventurer

Yeah they seem to be all the way in. I will try again tomorrow and post again

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2014, 09:38 AM   #72
spacemanvt
Adventurer

Yeah its stuck in all the way end. I notice it alot when I am on the highway... Even with all the liners in and zipped up, i still feel a significant amount of airflow... not sure what to do... anyone else have this problem?
Old 02-17-2014, 09:42 AM   #73
ChildlikeWonder
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Yeah its stuck in all the way end. I notice it alot when I am on the highway... Even with all the liners in and zipped up, i still feel a significant amount of airflow... not sure what to do... anyone else have this problem?
Is there any chance it's coming in from somewhere else? Between your jacket sleeve and your gloves maybe? You DEFINITELY shouldn't feel anything with the liners in.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:44 AM   #74
spacemanvt
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildlikeWonder View Post
Is there any chance it's coming in from somewhere else? Between your jacket sleeve and your gloves maybe? You DEFINITELY shouldn't feel anything with the liners in.
no i have gauntlet style gloves so no air flow there. I also feel alot of airflow around my neck but i think thats from keeping the neck closure kind of loose. I can pretty much feel air leaking in from those front zippers and it definitely makes me colder than i should be :(

Maybe i need to warranty the jacket?
Old 02-17-2014, 09:46 AM   #75
ChildlikeWonder
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
no i have gauntlet style gloves so no air flow there. I also feel alot of airflow around my neck but i think thats from keeping the neck closure kind of loose. I can pretty much feel air leaking in from those front zippers and it definitely makes me colder than i should be :(

Maybe i need to warranty the jacket?
I just don't see how it can come through the zip AND the liner. That would involve so many holes. Snug down the neck and see what happens, before going through the trouble of warranty - maybe put a scarf on to totally seal off the neck to make sure the wind isn't playing tricks on you. With all my liners in, I'm in a cocoon in mine.