User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
Navin OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,450
"New" 2000 Husky WR125!

Stumbled on this among the CL ads last week. $1400 later it's in my truck headed home!

Original tires, drive, brake pads, no paint wear on the frame. The shock bumper has rotted away from age!

Runs great, despite the 10:1 oil ratio and synthetic car oil in the tranny! I've got it dripping into a pan overnight, I took the clutch plates out and rearranged the steels to slide correctly as it was a little funky/sticky which is probably just from sitting so much.

The bike was sticker bombed and has discoloration from the excess nastiness of freestyle meets free sticker hobo. Plan for now is to try to relearn how to ride a 125, Its been near 15 years since converting to 4t BB bikes, and working it into my MX practice routine.

Navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,793
125's are fun! I just tried out an 05 YZ125 in the woods the other day,makes my 09 200 KTM feel big.
125 is like riding a bicycle with an engine that goes fast.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #3
Navin OP
Beastly Adventurer

Edit, looks like it is really a 1999 WR125!
Old 02-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #4
Navin OP
Beastly Adventurer

Anyone know the gearbox oil capacity? I'd rather not pull the level bolt out and have it sitting here stripped.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #5
woods wizard
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 734
Just wait till your railing it through the perfect berm, it will be just like when you were a kid . Keeping up major corner speed & wondering why the hell you ever started riding Thumpers in the first damn place ? Its fun as hell to wring the neck on a perfectly jetted , crisp 125 . Eventually this is gonna lead to you getting a 2502T .
Old 02-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
Navin OP
Beastly Adventurer

I might be too old for this one already! I had tried going 2t back in 2001 on a RM250 and just couldn't get the feel for it again and I wasn't far out from racing 125s and open class 2t. That bike lasted about 2 months and was between a 620SX and a DRZ400 kick model, I forget the suffix but the pure dirt, no e-start, modded for MX.

Anyone know if later model Husky shocks will bolt in? I'm thinking a set of suspenders off a CR250 would be better for my weight and use.

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #7
Navin OP
Beastly Adventurer

My man DS1434, (Corey of Pro Tune Suspension in Ohio) from ktmtalk forum, dialed in a 2002 CR250 shock and added a bit of WP love in the correct rate spring! Set up for GNCC as this bike will see everything from tight woods to MX.

A sweet set of 99 CR250 forks were fully reworked to modern spec too, awaiting springs and the short 2 day shipping back to me. This bike should be sweet with modernized legs.

I've been warned the rebound adjuster is super effective so to adjust it in small increments, and the low speed "clicks" are very soft, so pay close attention to feel them. This is a sweet piece of hardware, when Sachs shocks are tuned in they are among the best IMO.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #8
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,390
Welcome back!

Its a 2 stroke nation!

125 your right wrist might hurt from holding it on the throdle stop compared to what you've been riding.But i bet you love every minute.
I two just picked up nother 2 stroke,couldnt live without one.I like my 450 but theres still nothing like carrie'n momentum in corners,and 2 strokes just sound better!

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #9
Navin OP
Beastly Adventurer

Man, we need the snow & cold to go!