Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,117
I rather liked it myself.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:46 AM   #48
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,978
shamelessly stolen from one of the half-time show threads.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:00 AM   #49
WaterWheel
Multi Talentless

Oddometer: 18,197
Overall, I'd give it a B.

SF didn't quit and almost pulled it off. That's a tough club, they'll be back in the hunt for the next few years.

I'm sure SF fans will disagree w/ me, but I think it was a good no call on the pass interference on 4th down. Both players were grabbing and pushing - a flag there would've been questionable.

With 1st and goal from the 8-9?, SF should've pounded the ball straight up the middle with their huge line and Ngata out.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:19 AM   #50
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 17,844
That was a great game! My favorite part was when LeBron James kicked the baseball into the basket, which forced the 49ers to settle for Par.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #51
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 7,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
That was a great game! My favorite part was when LeBron James kicked the baseball into the basket, which forced the 49ers to settle for Par.

I don't think it would have been par. I think it would have resulted in a wicked googly. But maybe that's just a difference in terminology.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #52
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterWheel View Post

SF didn't quit and almost pulled it off. That's a tough club, they'll be back in the hunt for the next few years.

I'm sure SF fans will disagree w/ me, but I think it was a good no call on the pass interference on 4th down. Both players were grabbing and pushing - a flag there would've been questionable.

With 1st and goal from the 8-9?, SF should've pounded the ball straight up the middle with their huge line and Ngata out.
They were both allowed to until they got in the end zone, 5 yds, then the Ravens player grabbed Crabtree and hung on as he was trying to get space. It was a bad no-call indeed. Harbaugh (SF) had a right to be torqued about that. Now the one they called SF, was just as you describe and should not have been a call. Officials know Ray is good with a knife.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #53
OuttaMyWay
I shook his hand!!!!1!!

Oddometer: 8,294
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post

I don't think it would have been par. I think it would have resulted in a wicked googly. But maybe that's just a difference in terminology.
LeBron wouldn't have picked up the spare if Venus and Serena hadn't been furiously sweeping the pitch with push-brooms.

Do you not have a sliver of any vague idea of what the fuck your talking about, or is this some sort of performance art about the limitations of man?
--KaceCoyote
OuttaMyWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #54
OuttaMyWay
I shook his hand!!!!1!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterWheel View Post

It has to be a no-call.

That play is designed as a battle for the ball, with the receiver at an advantage in size and strength. The receiver's first move is to run into the defender and knock him just a little bit back and off balance. Then, over to the corner where the ball's coming down. That first bump by the receiver is, if you want to be strict about it, offensive pass interference. It's not called, but the receiver does give up the rights to a strict interpretation of defensive pass interference. Now it has to be blatant, and this one wasn't.

What I wish had happened:

Both receiver and defender go up for the ball. At some point, they both have their hands on it. After a brief struggle, the defender ends up with the ball, but the side judge calls simultaneous catch, a touchdown for the 49ers.

Do you not have a sliver of any vague idea of what the fuck your talking about, or is this some sort of performance art about the limitations of man?
--KaceCoyote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #55
OuttaMyWay
I shook his hand!!!!1!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
shamelessly stolen from one of the half-time show threads.
I shamelessly stole it from my wife's FB conversation, so fair's fair. She was, by the way, rooting for the Ravens because she recently had a business trip in Baltimore, where her hotel had a stadium view. It's a pretty stadium, she says.

--KaceCoyote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #56
jdiaz

Oddometer: 32,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaMyWay View Post
It has to be a no-call.

That play is designed as a battle for the ball, with the receiver at an advantage in size and strength. The receiver's first move is to run into the defender and knock him just a little bit back and off balance. Then, over to the corner where the ball's coming down. That first bump by the receiver is, if you want to be strict about it, offensive pass interference. It's not called, but the receiver does give up the rights to a strict interpretation of defensive pass interference. Now it has to be blatant, and this one wasn't.
Cris Carter said this am that the WR made the mistake, not the officials. Crabtree ran straight into the DB's chest, then couldn't get separation the other way.

I think the ball was too high/far out anyway......Harold Carmichael wouldn't have caught that thing.
jdiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #57
vettex2
X-Racer

Oddometer: 1,472
Niners lost
the officials did a sub par job but that is not why they lost
Old 02-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #58
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 17,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaMyWay View Post
LeBron wouldn't have picked up the spare if Venus and Serena hadn't been furiously sweeping the pitch with push-brooms.
It still wouldn't have been enough for the win when Lance Armstrong's remaining testicle did the Fosbury Flop into the goal over the outstretched, bloody skull of Tiger Woods.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #59
Robert B
Desk Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
I think the Niner's play calling at the very end was crappy. It took no advantage of Kaepernick's speed and strength against a tired and slow Raven's line. A boot leg, boot pass or even a quarterback draw would have been better. The passes, especially the last back of the endzone fade, was something you would expect for a traditional immobile quarterback. That said, a great almost come back.
F10 BMW M5
Datsun 280z
Robert B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #60
tonto
Son of a preacher man

Oddometer: 1,542
Quote:
It still wouldn't have been enough for the win when Lance Armstrong's remaining testicle did the Fosbury Flop into the goal over the outstretched, bloody skull of Tiger Woods.

Haven't you heard, the testicle thing was a lie as well, he still has both his nads .....
tonto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: