Game over, end of the road because of the snow

Going back

Como lake
igorpetrovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:26 AM   #33
Georgios
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Thank you Igor, for the wonderful pics. IŽll probably be in the area around Lugano this fall.

You have bought a very nice bike.
Georgios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #34
Tails_KTM
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
First with a 'regular' 1190

Can't beat those R pics, but at least I'm the first with a normal 1190 Adventure. In rainy Holland today.

First impressions: It's a well-trained elephant!
Even though Cagiva probably has the rights to that name, I think it fits my grey 1190 well. Coming from a KTM 990 SM T, this bike is only a little bit taller. Strangely, it feels lighter in the corners. The bike drops into corners very eagerly without being nervous. It pulls from 2200 rpm where the 990 needed at least 3000 and was much more jerky in its fuel injection.
It does dive a bit during braking, but otherwise the suspension and damping seen quite firm in the 'Comfort' mode (there's also Street and Sport). You can also change the drive mode. The dealer had put it in Rain due to the weather, which feels quite soft in the throttle. I put it into Street for the last few km's and the bike seems much more willing then. You do have to close the throttle while doing the setting with your left thumb, but it can be done while riding.
One interesting observation I made is that the 1190 feels less stable while driving in traffic jams. First gear is not that short, so I needed the clutch a lot, and the bike does not track that well at super low speeds.
I parked it on some gravel for a photo but unfortunately the camera battery was dead due to the cold weather. I hope there is a Powerpart to solve this, because the sidestand sank right into the gravel and I almost dropped the bike!
Tails_KTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #35
Balsta
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 396
[QUOTE=igorpetrovich;20904031]
Game over, end of the road because of the snow

/QUOTE]
Get yourself a pair of descent tyres,
Old 03-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #36
sonoran
bruh

Oddometer: 21,780
very nice!!!!

congrats!!
sonoran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:48 AM   #37
bigboyxl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
signing in
thanks for sharing real life pictures, guys!
Nomada panniers, Holan crashbars, Remus silencers etc. Worldwide shipping. Better deals for ADVriders
bigboyxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:10 AM   #38
Taurkon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 600
Igor, thanks for the fantastic pictures. I'll be picking up an 1190R next year, retiring the 990A to the bike museum (not selling another single bike; gonna will em all to my grand kids eventually).

2007 KTM 300 XCW

Taurkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #39
Tails_KTM
Adventurer

Yes it's in Holland.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #40
Terence FFM
prof. cat-herder

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails_KTM View Post
One interesting observation I made is that the 1190 feels less stable while driving in traffic jams. First gear is not that short, so I needed the clutch a lot, and the bike does not track that well at super low speeds.
I parked it on some gravel for a photo but unfortunately the camera battery was dead due to the cold weather. I hope there is a Powerpart to solve this, because the sidestand sank right into the gravel and I almost dropped the bike!
I just read the review in Motorrad (the comparison test of the 19/17 wheeled travel enduros) and they complained that the steering damper was set too high (too much dampening). Perhaps this is what you are experiencing?

I will be curious what the ratio of non-R to R Adventure sales is. I like the idea of a 950 SE and a regular 1190, but the idea of a single bike to do it all is cool too (ie 1190R).

In anycase congrats on the sweet new ride!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:30 AM   #41
Bikeaddict OP
Bikeless Due To Recession

Oddometer: 204
[QUOTE=Terence FFM;21002369]I just read the review in Motorrad (the comparison test of the 19/17 wheeled travel enduros) and they complained that the steering damper was set too high (too much dampening). Perhaps this is what you are experiencing?

I read the ŽBikeŽ mag test and they said that on very low speed the bike tends to run on. It hunts from 4000 rpms downwards in ultra low speeds. Just like you observed I guess ... Might be a software issue. Anyway tomorrow I will test ride one and IŽll post my impressions
Old 03-22-2013, 06:19 AM   #42
Tails_KTM
Adventurer

Thanks guys. Since this is supposed to be a photo thread I'll keep it short. The stiff steering damper sounds likely. Possibly in combination with the steering geometry, because the bike is very light on its feet.
I do not agree with the hunting from 4000 rpm downwards myself. The 990s were much worse, this bike's fueling is very well sorted from about 2200 rpm up!
Old 03-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #43
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,490
Quote:
I do not agree with the hunting from 4000 rpm downwards myself. The 990s were much worse, this bike's fueling is very well sorted from about 2200 rpm up!
The comment in Bike was that sometimes when the throttle was closed entering a curve the motor would run on a little. The writer speculated it was the software attempting to smooth the transition from open throttle to none.

He found it disconcerting. No other reviewer mentioned it that I saw. I am happy if you have not noticed anything.

Bikeaddict, I look forward to your impressions.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #44
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 317
And this is mine; during the delivery, the first ride and later on parked somewhere in Istanbul

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
umitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #45
MookieBlaylock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,581
Quote:
!
maybe it would benefit from a bigger rear or smaller front sprocket to shorten the gearing a little, that definitely helped my 950
MookieBlaylock is offline   Reply With Quote