ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2005, 11:48 PM   #1
toothy OP
Grin

Oddometer: 14,178
Code of secrecy

Dont tell anyone about Penny Creek Road, just outside of Quilcene that runs North thru the Eastern Olympics- turns into FR 27, then FR 28 and ends up in Sequim.

Mum's the word, ok?
Old 07-03-2005, 05:51 PM   #2
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,141
Sounds like your trying to say your puting together a ride
Old 07-03-2005, 05:53 PM   #3
gentry
For Reasons Unknown...

Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by toothygrin
Dont tell anyone about Penny Creek Road, just outside of Quilcene that runs North thru the Eastern Olympics- turns into FR 27, then FR 28 and ends up in Sequim.

Mum's the word, ok?

Itellyuwhut, get those tyres replaced and come riding or Im gonna post a thread about. I mean it!

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 05:56 PM   #4
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
Itellyuwhut, get those tyres replaced and come riding or Im gonna post a thread about. I mean it!

He does so you better straiten out your shit and fast duuuuude.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:53 PM   #5
Johnny Drunkard
Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 6,621
Shhhhh...

Don't mention anything about the paved bits...

Move on, nothing to see here...
Johnny Drunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 07:01 PM   #6
toothy OP
Grin

Oddometer: 14,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
Sounds like your trying to say your puting together a ride
Anyone available to ride on Thursday the 7th or Friday the 8th? I'm getting done earlier in Oregon and wanna go riding before the week-end, this week-end's full of family obligations for me.

It's doable on a streetbike although about 25 miles are gravel.

I'd like to:
Meet up at Bainbrige ferry at (I'll check) like 9:30,
ride to Quilcene. Rest stop at Ranger station.
Penny Creek road to FR 27- it turns into FR28 and endis up in a neighborhood in Sequim.
Ride to Kingston ferry.

About 200 miles, zero super slab.

Anyone wanna play hookey late next week?
Old 07-03-2005, 08:50 PM   #7
CascadeThumper
Critical Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
I just might be up for a Thursday of Friday ride.

Could be a darn good time! Breakfast at Loggers Landing in Quilcene could be an attraction, too.
CascadeThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 10:08 PM   #8
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert

Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by toothygrin
Anyone available to ride on Thursday the 7th or Friday the 8th? I'm getting done earlier in Oregon and wanna go riding before the week-end, this week-end's full of family obligations for me.

It's doable on a streetbike although about 25 miles are gravel.

I'd like to:
Meet up at Bainbrige ferry at (I'll check) like 9:30,
ride to Quilcene. Rest stop at Ranger station.
Penny Creek road to FR 27- it turns into FR28 and endis up in a neighborhood in Sequim.
Ride to Kingston ferry.

About 200 miles, zero super slab.

Anyone wanna play hookey late next week?
I might be good for either day - depends on timing for the TKC 80's. I want to have them on an scrubbed for the Naches run --sssssssssoooooooooooo----

Enjoy

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 10:40 PM   #9
gentry
For Reasons Unknown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stosh23
I might be good for either day - depends on timing for the TKC 80's. I want to have them on an scrubbed for the Naches run --sssssssssoooooooooooo----

Enjoy

The less street riding on those suckers the better. I wore mine down fast when I had the GS. I switched to Dunlops and rode everything from highway to mud and rock just peachy.

Old 07-03-2005, 10:52 PM   #10
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

What Dunlops? I need to put a new set of skins on the gs soon.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:53 PM   #11
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist

Oddometer: 719
I need a tire recommendation

Quote:
The less street riding on those suckers the better. I wore mine down fast when I had the GS. I switched to Dunlops and rode everything from highway to mud and rock just peachy.
Which Dunlops? I'm considering putting knobbies or knobby like tires on my GS, something with some dirt traction and still road friendly, i.e. quiet, smooth, and grip. Is there such a tire?

Next question; can anyone (shop) swap tires on a GS (spoke wheels) or is this a BMW only job?
das Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 10:55 PM   #12
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert

Quote:
Do Tell - If there is a happy middle ground so I can do the road and then the Naches run - I am all for it ??????

Enjoy

06 ST1300
Old 07-03-2005, 11:05 PM   #13
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by das Rider
Next question; can anyone (shop) swap tires on a GS (spoke wheels) or is this a BMW only job?

Theres a lot of places out there that can do it for you, just call and ask. I may check out East side motosport, there is also Eastside Kawi and a place called Cyclepath (I know that is not the correct spelling) I've been told there a good shop over here on the eastside. There is Valentine motors http://www.vmwmotorcycles.com and he is in Ballard. There's been some good posts about him and I think Gentry has used Seattle Cycle center. I used them seveal years ago and they treated me real good but when I found some tires I was looking to by in the Flea market here and bring them in the guy there wanted to charge me a 120 surcharge to bring in my own tires and he was a prick on the phone.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:12 PM   #14
gentry
For Reasons Unknown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stosh23
Do Tell - If there is a happy middle ground so I can do the road and then the Naches run - I am all for it ??????

Enjoy

ive had too many beers right now to remember...
BUT....Youve been out with me when on them. They are somewhere between the Tourances and the 80's. Semi-aggressive. Never let me down. I even rode some trails at Reiter on them. If you really want to get gnarly the 80's are the way to go though...

I got them at that BMW-Dealer-In-Seattle-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named place but Seattle Cycle Center can talk to ya's.

Also, I was talking to the blokes at Aurora Suzuki and they were pushing some new DS tyres that they are getting in. Much cheaper and theyve apparently got good report. Dunno if theyve got them for the GS but they might.....

Just looked - Im only finding the D607's for the GS....dunno if they are the same. They dont look as aggressive as the ones I had but I could be wrong.

Ive pretty much ridden on Dunlops on all my bikes and will continue to do so. But I had nothing bad to say about the 80's. They were good.

Old 07-03-2005, 11:16 PM   #15
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert

Quote:
ive had too many beers right now to remember...
BUT....Youve been out with me when on them. They are somewhere between the Tourances and the 80's. Semi-aggressive. Never let me down. I even rode some trails at Reiter on them. If you really want to get gnarly the 80's are the way to go though...

I got them at that BMW-Dealer-In-Seattle-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named place but Seattle Cycle Center can talk to ya's.

Also, I was talking to the blokes at Aurora Suzuki and they were pushing some new DS tyres that they are getting in. Much cheaper and theyve apparently got good report. Dunno if theyve got them for the GS but they might.....

Just looked - Im only finding the D607's for the GS....dunno if they are the same. They dont look as aggressive as the ones I had but I could be wrong.

Ive pretty much ridden on Dunlops on all my bikes and will continue to do so. But I had nothing bad to say about the 80's. They were good.
Thanks, Chad.

Now back to the beer.

06 ST1300