Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
scubasimon OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
How do your Motoport Jacket/Pants fit?

Hi folks.

I have read almost every thread and article about the Motoport Jacket and Pants that folks here get. I myself have bought this and am very happy with it. However, I am not sure about the fit.

So I have a request. Can you (and I will do the same) take a picture of yourself in T-shirt and jeans, and another shot with you in your gear? I wanted to see how much additional bulk your gear adds...mine does add quite a bit (and more now that I lost some weight) and am deciding if I should send them back for a resize.

Thanks.
scubasimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
BinDerSmokDat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 404

BinDerSmokDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:45 AM   #3
BinDerSmokDat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 404
The Cycle Port is pretty well fitted, it's a little baggy to allow for layers, but it won't be super baggy because the mesh will bunch up and make the suit uncomfortable. If you give good measurements, it will fit well.

If you want a more fitted look and aren't worried about layers, tell Wayne when you order.
BinDerSmokDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:39 PM   #4
scubasimon OP
Adventurer

Excellent pictures! Thank you so much. The pictures show exactly how your gear fits.

I took some pictures too but unfortunately they were all blur...will try again in the morning and see if they show up better.

Anybody with a fit that is different?
Old 02-23-2010, 06:28 AM   #5
ianbh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
If I had it to do over, I'd shorten the pants (Kevlar Mesh) a couple of inches.
Ian, Iowa
ianbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #6
scubasimon OP
Adventurer

Tried to take some pictures to show how my jacket and pants fit. They came out pretty pathetic (the pictures) as usual. Still, here are my pictures.

The first one is me with polo and shorts. 2nd one is with the motoport pants over my shorts. 3rd one is with jacket over the polo as well.

Sorry for the grainy and bad pictures. A camera phone doesn't do this any justice but hopefully it will show the fit.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:18 AM   #7
leftystrat62
Adventurer

Oddometer: 999
Bluhduh

I have no pics,but am frustrated with the fit of my new motoport gear. The pants seem fine,although the knee armor was a bit funky at first. Now I push my knee armor up high & twist it towards my inside and then velcro the calf area-that seems to work nice. The jacket I've returned 3x's and still feel it's too snug.I'm 5' 1'' 165 lbs, he said I started with their size sm. and he's now changed it all the way to their lg.,but it's still too tight in the arms with the liners-frustrating. The neck area has always been weird even after alterations. I like the protection,but might sell it.
leftystrat62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #8
mbabc
Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer: 1,739
My pants are a bit baggy, but I'm beyond the age where I care how I look...

The jackets fine. Probably do without the man boobs if I were to do it again.

See my review for some photos.

www.mmbabcock.com\motoport.htm
I don't know what time it is, I've switched to kilometers
mbabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #9
WIthumper
The 610 guy

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbabc
My pants are a bit baggy, but I'm beyond the age where I care how I look...

The jackets fine. Probably do without the man boobs if I were to do it again.

See my review for some photos.

www.mmbabcock.com\motoport.htm
Excellent Review! It really shows more details than their website does not show. Great pictures.
WIthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:56 PM   #10
Johnny X
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
No pictures but I am generally pleased with the fit of my pants/marathon jacket. The jacket is the roomiest one I own, a fact I only discovered when i switched to one of my older mesh jackets and felt claustrophobic in it. However my Marathon is currently set up for winter riding, with 2-3 layers under it. If I take the time to adjust the velcro straps a bit tighter the whole things.. a bit tighter.

The pants are very high waisted, which was a bit odd for me at first. Once I got used to them it was no big deal. My only complaint applies mostly to fat guys like me - If you have a gut consider getting the suspenders built into the pants. My only issue is that when I stand up on the pegs the pants slide off my ... moderately bulbous .. waist and onto my hips. This also happens whenever i am walking anywhere in them. I don't really care anymore, I just pull them up when I get on the bike and walk around with them sagging the rest of the time. I'll have Wayne install the suspenders whenever I can part with the pants for a few weeks.
Johnny X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:59 PM   #11
catweasel67
Banned

Oddometer: 8,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIthumper
Excellent Review! It really shows more details than their website does not show. Great pictures.
+1 this defines the perfect review imo
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:33 AM   #12
sky hy ironman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Interested in Motoport gear. How long for it to breakin (if any) or does it seem like a burlap sack with starch?
sky hy ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:45 AM   #13
Johnny X
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky hy ironman
Interested in Motoport gear. How long for it to breakin (if any) or does it seem like a burlap sack with starch?
My pants are stretch kevlar and my jacket is the mesh. The stretch kevlar doesn't need any breaking in. It's soft and comfortable right out of the box. The mesh is stiff. I've had mine for 3-4 months now and it's not broken in yet.
Johnny X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:57 PM   #14
scubasimon OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky hy ironman View Post
I have the mesh jacket and pants. Used them for about 18 months now. They felt better after a few washes but remain stiff. I still feel like Robocop in them and I like it that way. Feels a lot safer with the strong material :-)
Old 12-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #15
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,395
Mine fits great . Although my right knee pad is lower than the left when im on the bike.. But the weird thing is ive measured the internal dimentions and both sides are identical. I must have mismatched legs or something. To fix it I just popped the top of the right knee pad over the pocket and problem solved.
TallRob is offline   Reply With Quote