Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #106
forxlr8n
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
I go back to work on Saturday morning at 5am. I made it home on Sunday afternoon then left for Detroit for some training on Tuesday morning. Sitting in a hotel on my way home tonight.
forxlr8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:06 PM   #107
HeadShrinker
Lost for a Reason

Oddometer: 1,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post
Okay, I've been back for a couple days. A ride report is in the works, but I just can't seem to generate any enthusiasm for writing it up. And I ended up taking 1,150 photos, and I don't want to go through them all. About 200 of them are pictures of my riding boots, because apparently when I turned off the camera each time, I pointed it down and clicked the picture button and the power button at the same time. So I have 200 pictures of my riding boots. Plus some pictures of the inside of my jacket pocket. Priceless.

But here are a couple things I've noticed since I've been back.

Usually, I have a desire to get back out on the road immediately and see more more more. Right now, though, the bike is in the garage and I'm not even thinking of taking another trip. Strange. Maybe this trip to was too much or too little. I can't decide which.

Second, a bike trip usually resets my frustration meter at work, meaning that little things don't bother me for at least two or three months. But I've been back at work for three days and every little stupid inconsequential thing still bothers me. Again, strange.

You seemed to have packed a great deal into a relatively short trip (time frame wise)--and got a lot of encouragement from us to do so. I think there is a lot to be gained from a trip like this and maybe it'll take some time to process it in a ride report. I know that we'd love to see your pics and hear more about your experience.

Maybe let it simmer a little?
HeadShrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:23 AM   #108
Mr_Gone OP
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 6,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadShrinker View Post
You seemed to have packed a great deal into a relatively short trip (time frame wise)--and got a lot of encouragement from us to do so. I think there is a lot to be gained from a trip like this and maybe it'll take some time to process it in a ride report. I know that we'd love to see your pics and hear more about your experience.

Maybe let it simmer a little?
I've started culling the photos already, and I've begun writing up some thoughts.

Thought #1: I hate Oklahoma. Flat roads, constant wind, nothing to see.

Thought #2: Avoid Oklahoma.

I did have an excellent trip. I saw nearly everything I wanted to see, with a couple of minor exceptions. I didn't really ever feel rushed, either, for packing 4,000 miles of riding and 10 national parks/monuments into 11 days. I think right now I'm too focused on the little disappointments of the trip, rather than focusing on the fact that I really did have a fun, relaxing, safe bike trip.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:25 AM   #109
Mr_Gone OP
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 6,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by forxlr8n View Post
I go back to work on Saturday morning at 5am. I made it home on Sunday afternoon then left for Detroit for some training on Tuesday morning. Sitting in a hotel on my way home tonight.
Is a ride report forthcoming? Feel free to post a link to your ride report here in this thread... I don't mind a little hijacking. Overall, how was your trip? Glad you made it back safe.