|02-12-2013, 08:34 PM||#1|
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Decatur, Abalabamala
New Wolfman Gen 2 racks for the DR?
Hey gents I was wondering if any of you had any comments on the new DR650 "Gen 2" side racks from Wolfman? I'm about to order my first set of racks and I have a choice between the old and new style. Which would you recommend? Some considerations from my personal observations:
1) The Gen 2 seems to mount about 4" more towards the rear of the bike and maybe a fuzz higher than the originals. Maybe this isn't enough to make any difference in weight transfer or leg clearance..
2) I have no desire to mount hard cases to the bike, so the added brackets and option of cross brace are of no benefit to me.
3) I will be using Large Rolies and Expedition Dry bags on these, if this will make any difference.
4) The Gen 2 uses two mounting legs on the rear portion which may interfere with my Kientech exhaust bracket and homemade rack. The originals only use one running to the front grab handle bolt.
5) I insist on keeping the grab handles
Any input? I know either will be the tits , and work fine, but help me make the best decision here
Current ride: 2009 Black DR 650
Dream ride: 2009 White DR 650
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|