Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 12:46 AM   #16
stripple
Runnin' Hard

Oddometer: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
hmm new cb1100

Hmmm. Decent effort, still not really in the category of "exciting" for me.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:38 AM   #17
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Oddometer: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripple View Post
Side rant: I wish that Honda made a car that I could buy that I could be excited about. Instead I have to go to the much more expensive, temperamental and maintenance intensive German cars to find something that raises my pulse. I wish that there were a fast, fun automobile made by Honda...

Life is short, Honda. You're the best, but you're boring. Come on, live a little.
I refer to these as "Motoring Appliances"....

I'll take my flawed Mini Cooper S over a Honda (except maybe an S2000) any day of the week.
Sic Semper Tyrannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:05 AM   #18
dogjaw
plays well alone

Oddometer: 2,766
Just read Ash's review on the 700s; I hope and pray that it isn't what all this buzz is about...
Old 02-07-2013, 05:25 AM   #19
steveWFL
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,343
Doesn't matter, its a Honda
'99 ZX9R - because I like the other one so much
'08 ZZR600 minty
steveWFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #20
Anteraan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
"...a new series of motorcycles", eh?

I wouldn't mind seeing a sport tourer made from the 700cc engine NC platform. An NC700ST with good wind protection, a strong enough rear subframe to support some V35's, and non-adventure styling would be sweet. The "not a tank" storage area would be the icing on the cake. I would buy that over the CBR500R in a heartbeat.

As for the picture, add me to the NC700S crowd.
Anteraan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #21
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,042
Honda's Feb 8 announcement

According to Honda Powersports facebook page, Honda will be making an announcement on February 8 - tomorrow. There is a dark picture of what is apparently a road bike. The head light is shaped like the head light on the NC700X, CB500X, Crosstour, Crossrunner. It has turn signals and mirrors. Other than that, can't see much..

So what do htye have up their sleeve. I hope the Crossrunner is coming ot the USA.

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #22
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Quote:

Side rant: I wish that Honda made a car that I could buy that I could be excited about. Instead I have to go to the much more expensive, temperamental and maintenance intensive German cars to find something that raises my pulse. I wish that there were a fast, fun automobile made by Honda...

Life is short, Honda. You're the best, but you're boring. Come on, live a little.
I used to be a Honda car guy too. Now I'm a diehard Subaru guy. If you can live with the somewhat cheap looking interior, a WRX is a great all-round car. I even have lots of fun in the winter with mine. Sorry about getting off topic.
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Scoobynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #23
Hickey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
I'll bet it is the NC700S
Hickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #24
Maytag Repairman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Old News?

I bet it is this.....

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2012/09/2...north-america/
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...ned/21444.html

It was supposed to have been introduced around now.

There were more articles about it out there but I'm having a hard time finding them at the moment. It was a new series announced at some sort of shareholder's meeting in Japan to be first introduced in North America and with more details released in February when it was slated to go into production.

From the visor down article --

Takanobu Ito said: “Following the New Mid series [which encompasses the NC700S and X as well as the Integra scooter] Honda will introduce a series of large-sized models with a new concept, which enable customers to more easily enjoy daily commuting and weekend touring. This stylish new series will be equipped with a 'torqueful' engine, low seat height which increases the ease of handling, and a comfortable ride with high stability in manoeuvring. The production of the first model in this new series will begin in February 2013 at the Kumamoto factory, Honda's global motorcycle production operation, and sales will begin from North America.”

On the other hand, I hope it is just the Integra scooter so I don't have to listen to my wife whine about it for another year that she can't get one.

Maytag Repairman screwed with this post 02-07-2013 at 10:05 AM
Maytag Repairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #25
gore-tx
DOUBLE-O G

Oddometer: 2,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbreeze View Post
i hope the crossrunner is coming to the usa.
+1!!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #26
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 7,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytag Repairman View Post
I bet it is this.....

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2012/09/2...north-america/

It was supposed to have been introduced around now.

There are more articles about it out there but I'm having a hard time finding them at the moment.

Probably this. Honda is all about introducing new "Series" of motorcycles built on a platform so they can make several different "models" of the same bike without really changing a thing.
I'm sure that's great for them but unsure why we're supposed to be all excited about that.
Chuckracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #27
Carter Pewterschmidt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,003
Quote:
side rant: I wish that honda made a car that i could buy that i could be excited about. Instead i have to go to the much more expensive, temperamental and maintenance intensive german cars to find something that raises my pulse. I wish that there were a fast, fun automobile made by honda...

life is short, honda. You're the best, but you're boring. Come on, live a little.
+1
Carter Pewterschmidt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #28
Avi8tor
ADV Poser

Oddometer: 213
Quote:
Wake me up when Honda does something exciting using a motor that is greater than 1000cc's. The current offerings lack the ability to get me to notice...

Unfortunately, the MC division has the same affliction as the car division. They have some of the best engineering and reliability in the world, yet they choose to make unoffensive machines that are high on utility and sorely lacking in excitement. I hope this new batch proves me wrong, but I doubt that it will...

Honda is clearly not for you.
Avi8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #29
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,042
I played with the photo some. I adjusted brightness, contrast, and mid-tones until I thought it was giving as much detail as it could. Then I blew it up to 400%.

It's definitely a naked road bike. It appears to have some rather retro looking instruments, but the headlight is shaped like the light on the NC700X. I cannot see a beak. I can see the rear turnsignals. One thing I thought was really curious - I cannot see a clutch lever. It may be there, but this maybe another DCT model. ( I think that would be a good thing).

I guess we will know a lot more tomorrow.

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #30
stripple
Runnin' Hard

Oddometer: 597
You're correct Jsmithy

The modern Honda is clearly not for me. But, in my youth I've had a string of Honda cars and bikes that I enjoyed greatly. I suppose I was just lamenting about the fact that the "fun" has seemed to leave their design philosophy. A real shame because I think I enjoyed those machines more than just about anything.