Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #196
waybill
cheap thrill

Oddometer: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by africa twin View Post
What a fabulous way to see parts of Florida I'd never have found on my own. I'll be back with friends from Canada next year.
Some great pics, and glad you enjoyed it. We'll see ya next time, thanks.

1150Adv, 950Adv, 800GS, TR650, DR350
waybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #197
sfront
Chaos in Motion

Oddometer: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by waybill View Post
Subaru 360?
WINNER!!!! 1967 with 358cc's of smokin' two stroke, two cylinder power!

STEVE

So what if it was short....I still had a great time!!!
sfront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #198
JerryIUP
Team Wanker

Oddometer: 253
+1 on Sfronts skillset. Superlative does not do his work justice. Just don't turn a light on at 5:30 in the morning. He gets a little.........edgy. Great pics guys.

Hey Steve AYMF? Wanker

Also, Bobby Ginger, sorry for the noise Saturday night. The Crown Royal played havoc with our speaking volume. Cheers and good luck on the sale of the DRZ.
JerryIUP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #199
Bobby Ginger
Cat Herder

Oddometer: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryIUP View Post
Also, Bobby Ginger, sorry for the noise Saturday night. The Crown Royal played havoc with our speaking volume. Cheers and good luck on the sale of the DRZ.
No worries on the noise, I had just went to bed and you guys were very amicable.

Can't believe I am already putting up the DRZ, I think I like working on them as much as I like riding . Comtemplated upgrading the brakes and engine, but at some point I think a bike upgrade would be cost efficient. The bike was perfect for Day 1 did every thing I needed it to, I think I could have done most of Day 2 on the GSA, except for that sandy two track.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:21 AM   #200
pmb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
What a blast is all I can say! Nice meeting you all and thanks to the guys for all the hard work to make this happen.

A few pics from Bill and me on the BMWST site.

Cut and paste, hope it works.
http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthread...063#Post824063

Thanks again!

Pat
pmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #201
slimy
Wanabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
pmb,
It was great you and Jim could come from Mass. to ride with us. I am sorry for what happened to Jim's bike. I wish I could have fixed the bike but it was too dangerous to ride.

Glad I could help get him and bike back to the hotel. Please keep us informed how Triumph takes care of him. Come back and ride with us soon.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #202
R11STEW
ADVrider Wanna-be

Oddometer: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmb View Post
What a blast is all I can say! Nice meeting you all and thanks to the guys for all the hard work to make this happen.

A few pics from Bill and me on the BMWST site.
Hey Pat, thanks for the great Pics! Sorry for bombing out on day 1 with shock bolt failure, but looks like you were in good hands.

About fastnspeedy, that kid be crazy! I followed him most of day 2.

'till next year!
Mike
Old 03-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #203
FASTnSPEEDY
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by R11STEW View Post
Hey Pat, thanks for the great Pics! Sorry for bombing out on day 1 with shock bolt failure, but looks like you were in good hands.

About fastnspeedy, that kid be crazy! I followed him most of day 2.

'till next year!
Mike
I may have had a pretty much bald Shinko 705 (mostly street) but I dang sure had that sucker aired down. I don't know how many did it on tires running 30+PSI. With all the sand talk I was a little disappointed we didn't get into the really deep sand whoops that Ocala can provide.

That's quite the story to break a shock bolt, fix it, then ride across Florida multiple times.

I had a blast though, and I appreciate the help from everyone in the group who put up with me almost running out of gas (though maybe that was payback for the triple digit dusting I got from a certain 2 riders...).
FASTnSPEEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:18 AM   #204
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineptizoid View Post
Sure am enjoying those pics, fellas! Looks to me like it was a great good time...
I agree!!.............can I just say that sometimes.....WORK SUCKS!!! Why can't I be independently wealthy and just ride all the time!!!

Hopefully there is another chance next year!!

Great job again to WayBill and Kaosrider, you guys might consider a tour guide business!! you sure do have the right skills!!
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #205
waybill
cheap thrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLARider1 View Post
Great job again to WayBill and Kaosrider, you guys might consider a tour guide business!! you sure do have the right skills!!
That would be too much like work, this is still fun, but thanks Andy.

We knew there'd be some trepidation (fear and loathing ) first time out, not having a track record, and really do appreciate those that showed up. We had some luck on our side with the weather, some really good riders, but most importantly great attitudes all (one year on the GS ride some boob went back and complained we broke the speed limit and rode around a closed road sign, came close to killing it, and is actually one of the reasons we started CADS. I hope the dickhead is reading this. Also doing the GS ride all those years is what made this "relatively" simple, we had 80% already in the back pocket.

Nuff BS, last nite Rich told me to get off my ass and post some pics. Ok boss, you asked for it.

Start of my day, yeah, missed the rider's meeting.

Big Dave on the 690. Man I'm glad he ditched the screamin greenie helmet, that thing was turned up to 11.

Here they come

There they go

Old 03-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #206
waybill
cheap thrill

Talking

Das boot. It's had a fruitful life, built in St. Augustine in 1901 for river excursions, an uncle acquired it and had it on Lake Eustis from late 30's thru the 60's as a party boat for family and friends (named The Pastime), then late 70's a cousin searched and found it half sunk in the Indian River, brought back to Orlando and completely restored it. He then embarked on a fourish month voyage up the St. Johns, the intracoastal to NY, the Hudson to Canada, thru the Great Lakes, down the Mississip, around the Gulf, and back to Sanford, lot of family and friends hopping on and off along the way. Spent the next couple decades at the Sanford Boat Works with regular forays up the St. Johns. At 6 knots you had to have patience, Pastime was the right name.

Wolfie and Carson gettin jiggy wid it. This unit rocks off-road.

Doug

Bo

Pat

Coming up, the mighty river crossing.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #207
waybill
cheap thrill

Remember Butch and Sundance up in the rocks looking down and going "who ARE those guys?", well we had our own version, they just kept coming, relentless!

no bridge, no problem. How they used to do it.

now we're gettin somewhere

So we're sailing along pretty good and the kid goes by like we're standing still, then stops to offer up some pointers. I says kid, "you're half his age and a third mine, it's all we got.

Yep, it's them again.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #208
waybill
cheap thrill

These guys were steady all day

For some reason, I really like being here and not because it's slightly illegal.

If you ever want to know what some sections of the Dakar feel like, this is your spot, N Fla's dirt freeway.

a little of this

a little of that

and we're ready for some lunch

can you say Mahi Mahi?

yeah, I thought so

Old 03-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #209
waybill
cheap thrill

Old Florida is gradually diminishing, people just keep coming creating more and more development, not to mention the wealthy that are moving here buying large tracts of land (sometimes from the state) and fencing it off so they can...make more money. On the positive side though, as some land owners die off they leave their property to the state, and it becomes a state forest for all to use including us. The point is, enjoy it while you can, it's changing.

3 or 4 years ago this road was dirt, hardpack limestone.

Same with this one

I doubt they'll mess with this one anytime soon though : )

We're getting there. http://www.tidewater-florida.com/pla.../cedar-key.htm

waybill screwed with this post 03-14-2013 at 09:11 PM
Old 03-15-2013, 06:24 AM   #210
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,188
"quote (one year on the GS ride some boob went back and complained we broke the speed limit and rode around a closed road sign, came close to killing it, and is actually one of the reasons we started CADS. I hope the dickhead is reading this.qoute"

Lets not forgot about one certain person, starts with a B, doing wheelies out on the public road!!!

I rememeber the first GS ride I did, there was detailed discussion on the road closed sign and if you didn't want to take it you didn't have to!!!
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote