Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 08:19 PM   #91
kaosrider OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryIUP View Post
No ballet this time. That does however look like my dates toes at the end of the evening! Maybe that should be the new Wanker logo. After all, once they have been with an original Wanker their toes will stay on point.

I need to work and will shoot up after that to meet up with you guys Saturday. What time do you think everyone will be rolling in Saturday?
Cheers.
We are guessing most will be arriving between 5-6pm. Dinner party is planned for 7:00pm. We have arranged with a restaurant located at the end of Ceday Key out over the water. They have a great deal on all you can eat seafood for our gang.

We even sampled the food, this is a small plate compared to the all you can eat plate.

This is the Restaurant, we have a $16.95 all you can eat seafood. Or if you wish a $1.00 off any other meal on the menu. They even have hamburgers if you wish something simple.

We will eat upstairs. After dinner we can retire to the ground floor Bar with pool tables and a live band that night.

Starting to shape up nicely.
kaosrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #92
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosrider View Post
Starting to shape up nicely.

Nice job, Rich!

Can't wait.

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #93
kaosrider OP
Studly Adventurer

More Pictures

We were working routing today and have some pictures. Very little sand on the half of the State towards Cedar Key

Many roads that used to be dirt have been paved, but still some good stuff out there.

For the Rally Game part, we have a number of objectives which will earn you points in your class. This is Archer Museum worth 10 points, you will need to take a picture of your bike.

Points for a picture of this table at a certain boat ramp.

More good roads

Cedar Key knows we are coming and are ready for us The Beach Front Motel is offering 10 % of to our group, if you are still looking for a room.

kaosrider screwed with this post 02-24-2013 at 01:23 PM
Old 02-24-2013, 07:39 AM   #94
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer: 3,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno33772 View Post
If I didn't know any better...I would say Jaydee just called Jerry out!!!!
It's easy to talk shit in on the web.........

Mounted a 9fiddy luggage rack on the 400 but still have my doubts on it making a 2 day ride. Wrung all the way out spedo said 70 but surrounding traffic sez more like 55
jaydee1445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #95
pmb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Hey guys, just thought I'd say hi and mention this looks to be a great time. Is most of the group camping at Cedar Key? Thought I would do that but then saw the Beach Front motel option so I booked a room.

Anyway, I'll be trucking down on Wednesday the sixth and see you guys at the beach on Saturday morning.

Ps... Want to thank Bill for the invite!

Pat
pmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #96
bigjohn66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Count us in!

Two more, me & Keith will be there!
'12 V-Strom DL650A
'08 V-Strom DL650
bigjohn66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #97
waybill
cheap thrill

Oddometer: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmb View Post
Hey guys, just thought I'd say hi and mention this looks to be a great time. Is most of the group camping at Cedar Key? Thought I would do that but then saw the Beach Front motel option so I booked a room.

Anyway, I'll be trucking down on Wednesday the sixth and see you guys at the beach on Saturday morning.

Ps... Want to thank Bill for the invite!

Pat
Hey Pat, the Beach Front motel looks like a decent spot, recently re-opened and the owner Rocky is a hoot, I think Dave and I are booking there.

Here's Pat, he and a buddy are coming down from northern Mass., he don't need no steenkin little bike.

And if something happens to fall off your bike he'll stop and retrieve it for ya!

1150Adv, 950Adv, 800GS, TR650, DR350
waybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #98
kaosrider OP
Studly Adventurer

Sunday

Sunday will be a long and rewarding day. As mentioned before it is a totally different route than Saturday. It is also longer. It takes you to more Old Florida. Some of these roads were started by the animals, later picked up by the Indians and then by the Spanish. Yes, they are still dirt.

However, knowing that folks will want to be getting home after the big weekend, we wanted to give you some logistical information. So you know the expected timing and such for getting home, here is the location for Sunday's dinner.

http://www.josephsbistroflagler.com/

As part of the game, there is a time limit to complete the route. You must be at Joseph's by 6:00pm on Sunday. In order to accomplish this you may have to break off of the route in order to make it in time for dinner. This is part of the contingency. You get points for riding the different sections, however if your day is becoming too long, you simply head directly to dinner, with the points you have collected.

Again, this a scenic view of Florida. You can travel from Cedar Key to Flagler Beach in less than 3 hours. So it is no mystery that you will not be going in the most direct direction. Remember "its about the ride".

At Joseph's Bisto (which has the best pizza and Chicken Marsala to be found anywhere) we will eat have the closing ceremony so you can be on your way home early Sunday evening. Plan to be one of those scored as a Rally Finisher.

We have also arranged for Day Light Savings to begin on this weekend. So that should help too

PS: about the Food, we are know more for our eating than our riding ...
Old 02-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #99
dirtfarmerrich
Richard

Oddometer: 100
Maybe next year

This looks like a fun ride , unfortunately I can not make it to Florida till Sunday. I,ll watch for this next year. If anybody makes a GPX file I,d like to down load it. If you see a Husky 510 riding around Daytona during bike week its probably me. Have a great ride !
dirtfarmerrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #100
Bobby Ginger
Cat Herder

Oddometer: 938
Speaking of files, any GPS routes planned or just charts? I know there was talk...
Old 02-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #101
waybill
cheap thrill

Oddometer: 704
Believe it's just roll charts, keep the playing field level.

1150Adv, 950Adv, 800GS, TR650, DR350
waybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #102
Bobby Ginger
Cat Herder

Oddometer: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by waybill View Post
Believe it's just roll charts, keep the playing field level.
Ok, I'll still have mine if and when i get lost
Old 02-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #103
Visian
Look out!

Oddometer: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosrider View Post
my old stomping grounds... when I was a student at UF, i used to go flying down roads like this at 90mph on my Bultaco Matador Six-Day. It's what gave me the bug for adventure riding.

This is right against the Supercross race, doh!

Looks like a great ride, though, Rich.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #104
kaosrider OP
Studly Adventurer

Final Details

Ok here are some details filled in to hopefully give everyone a complete picture. I also updated the first page as well.

Saturday Morning- meet at The 7-11 on the corner of Roscommon Dr and Old S Dixie Hwy. This is just east of the I-95. We will begin gathering, registration and roll chart mounting at 8:00am with the riders meeting at 8:30am. You can get gas, gator aid, water, go to the bathroom and basically take care of whatever you forgot at this corner. Publix is across the street. Bring a camel back if you can. You will need a camera to document some points (your phone will work, if it takes pictures) Try and join up with some other riders so no one is off by themselves.

Saturday Evening the Dinner will be at 7:00pm with party and such to follow. We will meet upstairs at the Seabreeze Restaurant out on the key. Just past the Restaurant is a large public parking lot, so plenty of room to park your bike.

Sunday morning we will meet at the best Breakfast place on the Key, Annie's Cafe, again at 8:00am - 8:30am. Sunday will be a long but rewarding route. It has a lot more dirt on the route as the areas we will be heading for are way of the beaten path.

Sunday Evening- we will gather at 6:00pm until 7:00pm at Joseph's Bistro on Flagler Beach across the street from the pier. In order to be scored you must be in before 7:00pm. If you get there a little early the place to hang out is Fins, just a short walk from the Restaurant. Fins has a nice deck on the second story looking out over the Ocean.

This Rally will be a good challenge to be able to complete both days. The names of the official finishers will be remember by all for a long time. OK, maybe they will be remembered by somebody for a few years?? Would you believe a few days Well that evening anyway
Old 02-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #105
Davidc83
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 470
Wish I could be there for this ride. Believe it or not, me and my wife own a house 4 miles south of the Archer museum. She lives there and I live in Indiana (both work related). I have a picture with my bike in front of the Archer museum and at that boat ramp. I have been to Cedar Key a few times, if you guys get done eating early enough, you can ride over to the air strip and to the end of the air strip and see a fantastic sunset. Good food at that restaurant. I hear good things about that little hotel, and the hotle at the end of the pier used to have good rooms and good food also (stayed there about 7 years ago)-dont know about now though.
Davidc83 is offline   Reply With Quote