User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
WMD OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Dualsport boot for a wide foot

I never thought I had wide feet (my Alpinestar Tech 8's fit perfect) and maybe the Gaernes I just sent back, run narrow, but I'd like to know from those who have a wide foot what boot you like. I'm really interested in the light duty MX style boot the most, hence my order of the Gaerne Trial Pro. I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Heres a pic of the Gaernes just as an example of the style I like.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
Hondaboy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Have you tried Sidi ?

I am in the same boat as you, I need a really wide boot, and they are hard to find. I currently wear the Sidi Discovery Rain and they fit my wide 8 1/2 feet perfectly! I was just sent a sample of a new boot from Forma that shows promise, but they wouldn't let me ride in it. They call it the Adventure.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
ADVMAC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Astars scouts work for me . Also great for large calf .
Old 02-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
UrsaMobili
Left Coast Expat

Oddometer: 57
Forma boots

Check out the Forma brand. I like and have the Adventure model but they have more technical models as well.
Great workmanship and tall booth, fits comfortably around big calves, too.
Don't know where you are located but Atomic-Moto caries them. They are in Bend OR, if you are near visit the shop otherwise you can order over the net. Cheaper than Gaerne and better quality (IMHO). Great service from Atomic-Moto as well.

UrsaMobili screwed with this post 02-28-2013 at 08:08 PM Reason: adding image
UrsaMobili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:53 AM   #5
WMD OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
By chance I contacted LewisportUSA after an interweb search and the person there was very helpful. She called me back after lining up all their trials boots; Gaerne, Hebo, Forma, Sidi, etc. to judge which one, in like sizes, had the widest toe box. The winner was Wulfsport. Not a very scientific test but since I have no place to try them all on, it was very helpful.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:58 AM   #6
10/10ths
Road Trip Fool

Oddometer: 809
5 EEEEE foot here...

...and the Aerostich Combat Touring Boots fit me.

2004 Honda RC51

2011 Suzuki GSX1250FA replaced my '04 Wee 2-14
10/10ths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #7
Hipster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,629
So, Forma boots fit a wider foot? Their Terrain TX boot looks like a nice dual sport boot with good protection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsaMobili View Post
Check out the Forma brand. I like and have the Adventure model but they have more technical models as well.
Great workmanship and tall booth, fits comfortably around big calves, too.
Don't know where you are located but Atomic-Moto caries them. They are in Bend OR, if you are near visit the shop otherwise you can order over the net. Cheaper than Gaerne and better quality (IMHO). Great service from Atomic-Moto as well.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #8
UrsaMobili
Left Coast Expat

Oddometer: 57
Forma boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster View Post
So, Forma boots fit a wider foot? Their Terrain TX boot looks like a nice dual sport boot with good protection.
They do fit wider feet.
Another thing to mention - they are very fitting to high arches (I always had problem with that, the top pushes on my foot arch and after couple of hours I had to open the boot for relief). With the Forma Adventure the pain is gone.
A note for the sole construction: 1. the shank is tapered from the heel to toe, thus giving a flexibility when walking, yet being very sturdy on the pegs. 2. I prefer flat sole and was a bit skeptical about the molded one on the Adventure, it turned out it just fits and has enough forth/back movement to insure comfortable standing in any condition; the rolled up edges do not impede secure footing, actually they provide better feeling and support.
Have not tried the Terrain but they look bomber, too.

PS: Check out Atomic-Moto site and view the videos. Good detailed info there.
UrsaMobili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #9
Dr WhipIt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
I have wide feet as well I was keyed on the Sidi Adventure but when I tried on a pair they were too narrow and very stiff. I then tried on the less expensive Discovery and both problems went away! The only reason I didn't consider them at first is the absence of a "heel". I thought it might not give me the "feedback" I like finding the sweet spot on the footpeg. Not a problem. I've had them underwater and the elastic top does a great job of keeping out most the water.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #10
Charleetho
Mr. Zoom Zoom

Oddometer: 1,489
Answer Fazer

13 EEE and I use these.

05 R1200GS, 01 GL1800A, 99 ATK490, 93 900SS, 80 R100RS (must stop looking in Flea Market!)
Charleetho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #11
BostonGS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
I have the Forma Adventures and a pair of the Terrain TX...the value of the latter sold me on the former. I wear a normal width shoe and neither of these are loose on me if that's any indicator.

Both are GREAT boots...I ditched my Tech 8's for the Forma Terrain a while ago and would never go back. I've heard complaints about the waterproofness of the Adventure...can't comment on how long it will last, but mine have been submerged (below the top) walking a couple of water crossing and never leaked.

The dudes at atomic moto are solid and can help you with the fit...give them a ring-a-ding.
BostonGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:34 AM   #12
DRiderjohn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
+1 here for the Forma Adventures, I have had mine since August and ridden over 4000 mi in them. Wore them at camp for many days. They are very comfortable but still offer adequate protection.
My feet are 7.5 EE and the size 41 fit perfectly.
They do seem to be waterproof unless you are not wearing waterproof pants then the water will run down your leg and into the boot turning them into buckets.
also got them at Atomic-Moto, got the best service there

DRiderjohn screwed with this post 03-02-2013 at 07:40 AM
DRiderjohn is offline   Reply With Quote