ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #1
JoeWannaB OP
Usually a nice guy

Oddometer: 1,911
2013 Spring Fling at the Cabins May 2-5, 2013

Spring Fling 2013 is officially cancelled. I will still honor the 35% discount for the May 2-5 weekend if anyone still wants to head over. Just give me a shout.

Here are some links to past events:

Spring Fling 2011

Fall Fire Ball 2011

Spring Fling 2012

Wha Da Hala 2012

JoeWannaB screwed with this post 04-26-2013 at 10:45 AM
JoeWannaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #2
It'sNotTheBike
Banned

Oddometer: 704
No details but despite that ...

You expect people to be interested enough to block out time
on their calendars?

By the way, that is some low class behavior, posting an obviously commercial ad in
a regional forum.

The ad should be in VENDORS, because you are posting this with the clear intention of
renting your cabins for the event you are advertising.

It'sNotTheBike screwed with this post 02-08-2013 at 07:36 AM
It'sNotTheBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #3
_anatic
Plated

Oddometer: 1,132
I'll proley miss this one but I know y'all will have a blast. Post up lots of pics of the carnage.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
Whitebread117
I do what I want

Oddometer: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sNotTheBike View Post
blah blah
Where did this guy come from?

Joe, same as the other one, if I'm not out of town for work then I'll be there. I should know in a month or so. Hoping to at least make one of the two.
Whitebread117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
RevBill
Irreverent Reverend

Oddometer: 2,110
Gees .. REALLY?? ..

Quote:
You expect people to be interested enough to block out time on their calendars?

By the way, that is some low class behavior, posting an obviously commercial ad in a regional forum.

The ad should be in VENDORS, because you are posting this with the clear intention of

.. these guys are cutting you serious slack .. and I am going to hold back a little myself ..

This EVENT notice is right where it belongs .. so before you screw something up for everyone else by shooting off your mouth about something you know absolutely nothing about you owe Joe an apology, at least, and should do some research before you flap your lips, at best ..

.. you obviously have absolutely no idea how much Joe has done for many riders in providing these EVENTS for beginner through advanced riders, and in promoting the riding community and keeping areas accessible to riders from around the world ..

Here's a few hard and fast facts for you ..
1. Joe TAKES A LOSS financially EVERY time he hosts these events ..
2. There is NO CHARGE for the rides, Joe and several guys DONATE their time and energy for the benefit of other riders ..
3. What he charges is designed to help him break even on the expense of using the cabins (and their utilities) not make a financial windfall .. and HE PERSONALLY takes the hit from his financial partners if the bills are not covered AT THE SEVERELY REDUCED RATES he charges ..

.. the fact that he is one of the co-owners of a business and has the opportunity and WILLINGNESS to VOLUNTEER his time and energy in putting these events together makes your idiotic statements all the more appalling ..

Ironically enough, I can tell you that Joe is one helluva stand-up guy, as are the bulk of the men and women who attend these events, and despite your lack of knowledge and complete lack of courtesy, you would still be very welcome by Joe and among the group of riders whom attend these events annually ..

You would be VERY hard pressed to find a better man than Joe ..

.. as for the event itself .. Thanks (again) Joe for putting together another event this year .. I'll check my work schedule Joe and see if I can make this one (most likely) ..

I'll miss the Ice Breaker for sure since I have both training at work and have a fire academy test that weekend (yeah, all the "kids" get a real hoot out of the "50 y/o phart" busting his hump doing the drills and tests) .. lol .. I did all of these about 27 years ago when I was a volunteer down in Florida and I can tell you it has absolutely NOT gotten any easier .. lol ..

.. see ya in May guys .. ride Blessed ..
RevBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #6
aplscrambles
WNC trail addict

Oddometer: 469
Wicked

Quote:
You expect people to be interested enough to block out time
on their calendars?

By the way, that is some low class behavior, posting an obviously commercial ad in
a regional forum.

Haha. You're a dumbass. You remind me of keyboard jockeys on forums who say "learn how to use search" when someone asks a simple question.
aplscrambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #7
cultureslayer
geeky ninja

Oddometer: 13
You are making me want a dual sport with all these great events. Do you ever plan anything that's more street oriented?
cultureslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:23 AM   #8
JoeWannaB OP
Usually a nice guy

Oddometer: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by cultureslayer View Post
You are making me want a dual sport with all these great events. Do you ever plan anything that's more street oriented?
There is definitely plenty of really good pavement out the front door of the cabins but I look at the twisty pavement as a way to get to the good gravel roads and trails. I guess I've gravitated to the dual sport riding because in the summer, the good pavement can be so crowded with tourist and crazies while the back country stuff is practically deserted. I do know of a few really nice paved rides that are unused during the summer and would be happy to point you in the right direction should you decide to join us.

Bill, Shane, Andrew and Alex,

Thanks for coming to my defense guys. I do host these events for a very selfish reason. They keep me sane. I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones every event. I remember the very first one I hosted back in May of 2009. IIRC I think about 3 riders showed up. It was raining the whole weekend. We spent all Saturday morning drinking coffee and shooting the breeze before heading out for a short ride. Last Fall we had the biggest event ever and I got to meet a whole slew of new friends plus a lot of the "Regulars" were there. What a great time. If I didn't have these rallies to look forward to, the grueling 7 days a week grind during the busy summer season at the cabins would really get me down.

Oh by the way, My canonization isn't until next week so I'm not a saint yet.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:48 AM   #9
throttledan
Intl Man of Intrigue

Oddometer: 63
I'll be there!

Sweet, been waiting for this ride to be announced!! Count me on the list to attend, last year was a blast, can't wait to see everybody again and break in my new T63 rear!!!

'08 KLR 650

"Nothing is impossible, it just may look unrealistic at the time."
throttledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #10
throttledan
Intl Man of Intrigue

Hey Bill,

I forgot to send you this, but remember when we pulled off the BRP and found that amazing road after the Fall Rally?

Here are the pictures from it!

http://blindkenny.photoreflect.com/s...6&g=1VLV006E06

'08 KLR 650

Old 02-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #11
RevBill
Irreverent Reverend

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttledan View Post
Hey Bill,

I forgot to send you this, but remember when we pulled off the BRP and found that amazing road after the Fall Rally?

Here are the pictures from it!

http://blindkenny.photoreflect.com/s...6&g=1VLV006E06
.. heh heh .. now I feel bad .. I should have said something to you about those pics sooner .. and before you even ask, yes, I will be going back through there again .. this time with a working rear brake .. lol ..
Old 02-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #12
throttledan
Intl Man of Intrigue

Quote:
.. heh heh .. now I feel bad .. I should have said something to you about those pics sooner .. and before you even ask, yes, I will be going back through there again .. this time with a working rear brake .. lol ..
No worries, I got them as soon as they were posted and purchased a few. I meant to mention it to you earlier but didn't get a chance. The pics I bought have been my facebook profile pic, desktop background pic, and an 11x17 pic on my cubical at work!

'08 KLR 650

Old 02-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #13
RevBill
Irreverent Reverend

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttledan View Post
No worries, I got them as soon as they were posted and purchased a few. I meant to mention it to you earlier but didn't get a chance. The pics I bought have been my facebook profile pic, desktop background pic, and an 11x17 pic on my cubical at work!
.. sweet .. look forward to seeing you soon bud .. we need to make sure we get a beer or something more often ..
Old 02-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #14
shallowskiff
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 395
Might try to make the ice breaker or this spring fling Joe. I keep you posted.
shallowskiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #15
Whitebread117
I do what I want

Oddometer: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDragRacer View Post

For cultureslayer: Absolutely primo asphalt riding's available in the area; mentioning just a few routes: Wayah Road, Nantahala Skyway, NC Route 29 between Deal's Gap and Franklin, NC . . .

"Try it, you'll like it!". . .
Cultureslayer if you decide to check it out and you're riding in, I can help you string together a NICE paved route all the way from Morganton to the cabins
Whitebread117 is offline   Reply With Quote