User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
Airhead OP
More human than human

Oddometer: 2,099
Thumb Blackdog Cycle Works

Just wanted to say that I installed my Blackdog skidplate on my 2005 950 last night, and I was very impressed. The skidplate is very well made, and fits the bike perfectly. It also provides plenty of extra clearance for the oil hoses and the Facet I have installed - both hit the stock plate. The company was also great to deal with...they returned emails very promptly, answered all of my questions, and shipped quickly. All in all a great experience!

Jeff
Airhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:04 AM   #2
Dirty Dharma Bum
worlds slowest rider

Oddometer: 88
+1 on BDCW and the skid plate

Great doing business with those folks and all the products they either manufacture or sell are top notch...plus they're cool people.
'12 BMW K 1300 (here 'busa, 'busa, 'busa
“Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry.”
Dirty Dharma Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #3
wachs
just passin' through

Oddometer: 4,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dharma Bum
plus they're cool people.

+1 !

http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...rch/hemisphere
wachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Oddometer: 1,586
Another extreeeeeemly satisfied customer of BDCW!

Kurt and Martha have provided exceptional customer service and, most importantly, really understand their customers and work hard to make the experience the best for everyone involved.

I recently purchased a Shorai battery and after a couple of weeks of use the battery was permanently damaged due to a pinched wire on my bike when it was drained to zero while my front wheel was vacationing in Colorado for repair.

Shorai has developed a new version of their battery with some protection built in it to prevent this type of catastrophic failure, and Kurt went to bat for me to get a warranty replacement as an early adopter of their older technology, without the protection circuit.

Kurt offered to send me the battery out of his bike to use in the interim (which I should have taken him up on) and I chose to limp along on my old battery, even with a big trip coming up.

Four days away from my trip the old battery finally gave up and I purchased a lead acid (AGM) locally, as the replacement upgraded Shorai wouldn't arrive until after my return.

Kurt was very understanding about the situation and offered to refund my money, but after all the good he'd done for me I wanted to keep my money in his store and was able to find a few other goodies to order instead.

I will eventually buy another Shorai, once I wear out the new lead-acid battery, and I'll buy it from BDCW.

Black Dog Cycle Works is everything I would ever want in a vendor and I wanted to let other inmates know what a great experience this otherwise troublesome issue was for me.

Kudos to BDCW!

Hope the snow melts soon for you Kurt!

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
Kenbike
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 617
I purchased a used 07 990 in Jan. and made up a list of my mods for the bike.
Martha worked with me and offered great advice on some items I was undecided on. The order went smooth and the skid plate and side stand relocation bracket are very well made products. I would give them 5 gold stars for customer service and very honest folks!
Kenbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #6
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend

Oddometer: 1,171
Just ordered Shorai 18A1-BS12 from Martha - they're getting a shipment
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV

Sutherngintelmen screwed with this post 05-12-2011 at 10:16 AM
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:48 PM   #7
indio
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Emailed as well as left a VM seeking some clarifications about your skid plate for F650GS twin. Will it work/fit with Adevnture Spec crash bars?
indio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:09 PM   #8
KTMforget
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by indio View Post
Emailed as well as left a VM seeking some clarifications about your skid plate for F650GS twin. Will it work/fit with Adevnture Spec crash bars?
Yes it will. Sorry, we are currently in Baja and working our way though emails and voicemails as promptly as we can. Service is a bit weak down here.

We specialize in the best parts for BMW and KTM Adventure bikes. WE TEST WHAT WE SELL!! Not just MADE in the U.S.A., made BETTER!
KTMforget is offline   Reply With Quote