Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #1
Slane OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Anakee 2vsBridg. BattlewingVsDunlop TR 91

Hello there,

I am riding a BMW F 650 GS TWIN and now its the time to change its tyres for second time. Till now Ive ised the Bridgestone Battlewing and I am very satisfied. Somebody proposed me to change them with the Dunlop TR 91.

My tyres seller told me that Dunlop are appropriate for BMWs of 1200cc but not for mine because they are very hard as he told. His advice was Michelin Anakee 2 because they are more suitable for dirt.

I use my motorcycle mostly for short distances and one a month we make a ride on dirt roads.

Thank you in advance
Slane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:37 PM   #2
Slane OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Any opinions?
Slane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:51 PM   #3
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,462
Anakee 2 more dirt worthy than TR91? I call BS. Look at the tyre pattern, almost the same.

I have ridden the TR91 for four years since m1y 650 thumper. Have them on my 1150GS and actually running the front on my 800GS. I absolutly love them. They have an amazing grip on road, especially on wet surface. Even while it's raining they feel litteraly glued to the ground. A bit less sporty than the BW but way better than the A2. I runned the A2 before discovering the TR91. When they just came out in 2010 I read an article about them and decided to spoon a pair on, was amazed by the result to a point where I never buyed another pair for road use.

Spooned a Tourance Next rear on my 1150 last month since the reviews were so great. It is a great tyre, wet and dry. Very sporty, grippy and glued like the TR91. I'm trying these to see if they can replace my TR91 addiction (that is to see if they last longer then the TR91 since they cost a bit more $$$). But what disturbed me with the TN is the sudden lose of grip. While they feel more sporty than the TR91 and do everything as good as them, I never had that "of fuck I just lost my rear" moment with them. On the contrary the TN got me over confident, and after some more scraping the foodpegs I lost the rear, nothing that you don't experience whilst on dirt but surprised me.

To the offroad section of this review... Well look at that pattern... Won't really work in sand nor mud. Fire roads and forest? sure why not but nothing too serious. That said I did a winter trip with them two years ago and they handled fine to a certain point

You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #4
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,462
and ffs why are you ff living on an island?! I'm heading for my next winter road trip to thessaloniki and we could've met up if it wasn't for this freakn sea.
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #5
AviatorTroy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,618
Anakee 2 was my favorite, but you can't get them anymore, at least in the US. I had no problems with the Battlewings either, just a good, predictable, affordable tire. Never been a dunlop fan, but I haven't tried the TR91.
AviatorTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #6
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer: 834
I have switched to the Anakee 3 - And while they are ok on hard pack roads (really they are not very dual sport), they really shine on the pavement, they are definitly more street focused than the battlewings. I have absolutely no complaints in about 10K miles and recommend them for mostly street -

In Loving Memory of Cruzin2B 1953 - 2014
SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote