Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #556
gbtw
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengel451 View Post
Popping is perfectly fine. Hell you should've heard my R1 on Decel with a full race tune gurggle pop pop pop flames pop pop

What is happening is EXACTLY in this vid. http://youtu.be/j7TTIXg0-bE

one pop, maybe through the intake and it dies. Normally when i'm downshifting and blipping to bring the rev's up, and normally if the RPM's are lower like in the vid, anything higher up is fine since the engine is still spinning too fast to cause this problem.

I "Think" that the butterflies are opening before the injectors can add fuel. TPS??
Glad i am not alone, but i feel for you, bike is no fun to own when this happens 5 times an hour.
gbtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #557
jengel451
1 Cool MotherF#$cker

Oddometer: 681
For clarity.

No tune, no piggyback, all stock: No issue
Add ONLY Leo Slip-on: Intake sneeze and dies
jengel451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #558
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengel451 View Post
Popping is perfectly fine. Hell you should've heard my R1 on Decel with a full race tune gurggle pop pop pop flames pop pop

What is happening is EXACTLY in this vid. http://youtu.be/j7TTIXg0-bE

one pop, maybe through the intake and it dies. Normally when i'm downshifting and blipping to bring the rev's up, and normally if the RPM's are lower like in the vid, anything higher up is fine since the engine is still spinning too fast to cause this problem.

I "Think" that the butterflies are opening before the injectors can add fuel. TPS??
Ohhh dear..... forgive my clueless..ehh... ness..... Yep, just saw your vid, and you have something else going. Is it still under warranty...?? That issue will not be either helped, or mitigated with any after market fuelers. I would look around, as it could be a number of things....tps, perhaps one of them.

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #559
jengel451
1 Cool MotherF#$cker

Oddometer: 681
That's GBTW's bike in the vid I think. Mine isn't happening nearly as often as 5 times a day.

Anyone know if there is a TPS reset procedure for this bike? Might be an easy fix.

I think the Bazzaz tuners have a TPS feed to manipulate some of the fueling as well. Not sure, but that's what my fuzzy memory is coming up with.
jengel451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:47 AM   #560
dpm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
TPS reset is:

key-on
smoothly open and close throttle twice
start engine
dpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #561
gbtw
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm View Post
TPS reset is:

key-on
smoothly open and close throttle twice
start engine
Cheers tried this, will see if it helps a bit.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #562
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Long term update....

So after have been riding a lot more with the PC-5/AT combo, I feel that I am now more in tune with the practical app of the system, yet don't feel that I know more of the inner working. That is in part due to the fact that DJ is unwilling to provide good info, or they simply choose not to share it. Either way, I am basing this of my experience, regarding what I see, and the bike behaves, and with less scientific data to back it up, as I do not own a GS-911. I know.. I know... I really should. Yeppers, there are many things I should do, or have.... Like the next CF rear rack for the OSSO tank, but that is another chapter to be written. That said, I will admit to NOT being 100% happy, and satisfied with the PC-5/AT combo. First, as it has been discussed in this thread, the PC-5/AT ( hence forth referred to as the DJ combo) I can't help thinking the BMSK, and the DJ are some how wrestling amongst them self.... should I refer them to the DEM, and GOP......

First.......
You see, at just about every acceleration from stop the mpg counter is in the low teens, and as I shift through 3'rd, in the 30's, and then to stabilize after reaching cruise. This is something that have been noted since the install, and is predominantly higher inside the first 10 miles. It matters not what I do with the DJ, as this is a computed function of the BMSK, and whatever maps I load, it has no effect. That was not the case prior to DJ install. It leads me to think that the BMSK is not liking its environment during acceleration much, and for that reason splashes a lot more fuel into the injectors. Only thing that can instigate this, is the removal of the stock O2 sensor, as all the other DJ stuff is down stream, and with regard to that, the BMSK is clueless.

Second......
I have started to see a split in indicated mpg, and actual calculated mpg. The split started around 600 miles after install, and was miniscule at the get go, but after 500-600'ish miles since install, saw a few mpg diff.... and now it has stabilized to a computed mpg of 60....... and a calculated mpg of 53.... a difference of 7 mpg. That number is fairly accurate, and predictable. This bothers me, as with our idiots in the white house, congress, and senate we cannot be united, and efficiant by NOT working together. I think Lincoln once said: " a house divided, cannot stand" and I am a firm believer of that same principle applies here. With the BMSK, and DJ constantly arguing, the results will never be optimal, but always a compromise. Sorta funny, in a way, but reality I think.

Third.....
There are several functions that DJ omitted from this APP. Water temp input, Timing control, to name a few, and that shows a lag of support, and sloppy enter into service on the behalf of DJ. I offer an example of the opposite. I am a beta tester for Rekluse Clutch, in their APP for the BMW F800GS EXP product, and working with them.....seeing their great interest in bringing the best, safest, and most durable product in to service, prior to launch, have been, and is very ensuring. Unfortunately it had brought some delays along, but as not to rush anything, and only bring a half full plate to the table, Rekluse have stuck it out, and are now very close with a full plate of goodies. DJ...... Not so much. In stead of working out the short comings of the 8GS APP, nothing has been done. In fact denial of such, is on the menu, when I have contacted them in such regard.

Conclusion......
All the above sounds a bit harsh...... I know, but it is base on my first hand experience with the DJ system, for a good long while now. That said...... I think it still is the best solution for a better fueled 8GS with exhaust mods done. I would be a bit careful with the DJ install if you are still using the stock header with the CAT, as my pipe exit has a little more soot on the inside, and I would imagine that soot will accumulate inside the CAT with greater frequency. I think as the SAS have been discussed here as well, part of the confusion regarding weather it should be on, or off, adds to the ....ehhhhhh.... confusion... as by DJ own writing they specify it should be disconnected, yet they offer nothing.... No instructions whatsoever in the matter, leading me to think they did NOT do this when they tested the system on their test mule. Only reason I left my SAS engaged, is that the bike ran like crap with it disengaged.... Confusing..... yes, you bet, but I will NOT argue with success, and the expense of theory.

Chapter two......
I revised my fueling tables, in trying to experiment a little with the workings, and reverted back to a Full Zero map. ( literally all zero's)

I wanted to identify weather or not the added fuel right of idle had an impact on the off idle hop, and after now a few hundred miles, I am happy to say, that it does NOT. I have no off idle hop, and very well behaved fueling off idle, with the DJ not adding anything below 2% throttle. That leads me to say that the DJ has no effect on this, but it is a function of the BMSK shutting off the injectors at Throttle closing, and when re opened, the CAT momentarily offers a spike of pressure build up, until the flow control is mitigated...... This is my theory, but is substantiated with pm's, that I have gotten with fellow riders, installing a full system, but NOT a DJ install, as they have reported good off idle behavior.

Then trying to indulge upon the fuel efficiency, I changed the target AFR from 13.2 to 14 below 5000 rpm, and 80% throttle. The bike has no change in perceived power..... MPG split has yet to be determined.

Then finally, after a few hundred miles, this is the following fuel add/subtract table that the DJ offers.....

A much more well behaved table with only a few rouge additions along the way, which I suspect is due to the SAS messing up the Sniffer.

I will ride this a bit like this, and report back. But make no mistake..... When, and if a better alternative comes along, that works by either re flashing the BMSK, or working with it, I will jump on that in a heart beat.

Erling

ebrabaek screwed with this post 10-30-2013 at 08:32 AM
Old 10-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #563
mapa63
Bikerider

Oddometer: 31
Great postback!

Hi Erling!

Tack för rapporteringen! I'm not totally comfortable with my DJ+AT. The bike runs better than without it, but the mpg has taken a hit. Now winter is coming here, so I won't ride for some four-five months. We'll see what the future holds!

Memories: Kawa W650, BMW K100RS, BMW R100/7, Yamaha XJ600, Husqvarna 250 WR, Triumph TR6 Trophy, Suzuki Stinger 125
mapa63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #564
terryckdbf
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 871
Very well written, thank you.

Terry
terryckdbf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #565
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Ufda..... Tack saa mycket....

Erling
Old 10-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #566
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryckdbf View Post
Very well written, thank you.

Terry
Thanks Terry.

Erling
Old 10-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #567
gbtw
Gnarly Adventurer

In my opinion i think the l / 100 km counter on my bike was always very optimistic about fuel and now with the PC5 it seems about right. I could never do more than 200 km's before hitting reserve and that has not changed.

Good that you keep track of what you did. I still have to move the bike to pc or other way around :).
Old 10-30-2013, 01:13 PM   #568
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbtw View Post
In my opinion i think the l / 100 km counter on my bike was always very optimistic about fuel and now with the PC5 it seems about right. I could never do more than 200 km's before hitting reserve and that has not changed.

Good that you keep track of what you did. I still have to move the bike to pc or other way around :).
I would imagine, that such a long cable would be quite costly..... . Yeppers.... We shall see where I end up.

Erling
Old 10-31-2013, 11:24 AM   #569
gbtw
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
I would imagine, that such a long cable would be quite costly..... . Yeppers.... We shall see where I end up.
The spiral staircase with the beamo is a challenge too
Old 10-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #570
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbtw View Post
The spiral staircase with the beamo is a challenge too
.... Ha ha .... yeppers.....

Erling