User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 05:29 AM   #91
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,168
News release:

Team If You See Kay Wines rider #97 Ned Suesse (USA) - finished the Tuareg Rallye 2013 on the podium in 2nd position overall in the Moto Profi class.

With a margin of over 50 minutes between himself and the next placed rider, in an effort to retain his 2nd o/a position going into the final day, Ned rode a steady final stage to finish in 14th place, and retains his overall position 2nd in the Tuareg Rallye 2013 - finishing 40 minutes behind the race winner, and 46 minutes ahead of the 3rd placed rider.

A full post race interview will follow.

ends.

Stage result: day 7/7: 14th (Moto Profi)

Overall result: day 7/7: 2nd (Moto Profi)

Photo: Ned at the start of the final stage - congratulations on securing the 2nd place Overall!!!

I have plenty more photos of the IYSK riders and RMS support crew - I'll be posting them up over the next few days...

It was great fun and a huge honour to share in your campaign this year fellas!

Jenny xx
JMo (& piglet) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:02 AM   #92
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,649
Thumb Well done man....

SUWEEEEEET... Yea Buddy GREAT JOB!
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #93
header
Chris

Oddometer: 1,730
Wow...

Second overall. Take a minute to let that sink in.

Congrats Ned.

KTM 530exc
525exc refresh
header is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #94
Joe
Debaser

Oddometer: 1,713
Congratulations Ned! Received my shirt today and was pleased to find an autographed sticker inside Not sure which I am more chuffed about.

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #95
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Congratulations Ned! Received my shirt today and was pleased to find an autographed sticker inside Not sure which I am more chuffed about.
Oooh man I hope I get an autographed sticky as well..
Old 03-19-2013, 02:23 AM   #96
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Final results

A role-call of the IYSK riders this year:

#97 Ned Suesse (USA) 2nd O/A Moto Profi

#75 Charlie Rauseo (USA) 30th O/A Moto Profi

#133 Dirk Kessler (CAN) 14th O/A Moto Amateur

#137 Mike Krynock (USA) 32nd O/A Moto Amateur

#319 Sid Milton (GBR) 34th O/A Moto Amateur (that is actually Dave Peckham from RMS in the riding gear - Sid (on Left) let him ride his bike for the final parade lap in the dunes)

#317 Jean-Luc Solans (FRA) 52nd Moto Amateur/Retired SS5 - injury

#331 Bart Combs (USA) 60th/DNS due to injury before race.

Jx

JMo (& piglet) screwed with this post 03-19-2013 at 02:35 AM
Old 03-19-2013, 02:28 AM   #97
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

And the whole team before the start:

L-R (back row): Dave Peckham (RMS) / Charlie Rauseo / Sid Milton / Mike Krynock / Colin Pratt (RMS) / Dirk Kessler.

L-R (front row): Ned Suesse / Bart Combs / Jean-Luc Solans

Jx
Old 03-19-2013, 02:35 AM   #98
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Thumb

Good stuff!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:03 AM   #99
Thinc2
Paciugo

Oddometer: 4,506
Wow Ned - awesome. well done!
Thinc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:49 AM   #100
c.vestal
Rally On

Oddometer: 4,838
Jenny, Thank you so much for the updates and now the follow up photos and post!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
And the whole team before the start:

L-R (back row): Dave Peckham (RMS) / Charlie Rauseo / Sid Milton / Mike Krynock / Colin Pratt (RMS) / Dirk Kessler.

L-R (front row): Ned Suesse / Bart Combs / Jean-Luc Solans

Jx
c.vestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:58 AM   #101
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.vestal View Post
Jenny, Thank you so much for the updates and now the follow up photos and post!!
No problem! - it was a pleasure to work with team, and follow all their highs and lows throughout the week... I'll be writing a final summary/press release on behalf of the whole IYSK team shortly, which I will of course copy here and on the main Tuareg Rallye too...

Jx
Old 03-20-2013, 07:08 AM   #102
ArthDuro
quarantined

Oddometer: 2,984

for all

and

thanks for all the updates in both threads Jen
+ momento mori +
ArthDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #103
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,690
Awesome Ned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
News release:

Team If You See Kay Wines rider #97 Ned Suesse (USA) - finished the Tuareg Rallye 2013 on the podium in 2nd position overall in the Moto Profi class.

With a margin of over 50 minutes between himself and the next placed rider, in an effort to retain his 2nd o/a position going into the final day, Ned rode a steady final stage to finish in 14th place, and retains his overall position 2nd in the Tuareg Rallye 2013 - finishing 40 minutes behind the race winner, and 46 minutes ahead of the 3rd placed rider.

A full post race interview will follow.

ends.

Stage result: day 7/7: 14th (Moto Profi)

Overall result: day 7/7: 2nd (Moto Profi)

Photo: Ned at the start of the final stage - congratulations on securing the 2nd place Overall!!!

I have plenty more photos of the IYSK riders and RMS support crew - I'll be posting them up over the next few days...

It was great fun and a huge honour to share in your campaign this year fellas!

Jenny xx
I'm still trying to find If You See Kay, so far nobody. I'm now searching Phoenix.
Smugmug
Mr Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:50 AM   #104
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Ned's personal event summary:

Tuareg Rallye 2013 - #97 Ned Suesse (team IYSK Wines) - final summary report

“Everything came up Ned!”

An accomplished desert racer and rally rider, not only is Ned Suesse one of very few Americans to have participated in the notorious Dakar Rally - but his solid finish (53rd position overall) in the 2012 event was particularly impressive for a debut rider.

However, Ned’s decision to participate in the Tuareg Rallye this year was a far more relaxed affair “I enjoyed the Dakar immensely, but preparing for such a big event is very tough on the rest of your life” he explains “So it was an easy decision to come here and get back to doing what I enjoy most - riding [racing] off-road with a great bunch of people somewhere new and exciting!”

Ned was aware the calibre of rider in the Profi class was very high, and that the event organizers had promised some seriously challenging stages with the move to Tunisia this year. “To be honest I was surprised at the technical nature of some of the special stages - they were more like a hard-enduro than a traditional rallye stage!” he exclaims.

With little pretension to placing particularly highly, Ned simply got on with the job of navigating well and enjoying the riding, freely admitting that soft sand dunes were not his speciality.

Fortunately Ned had chosen the ideal machine to ride in this event, a KTM 505 Enduro with a lightweight Rally Moto kit - built using spare parts from his Dakar bike. This allowed him to make the most of the available performance while many other riders on larger and heavy bikes struggled.

After finishing in 2nd position on the 4th stage - set against the backdrop of the Star Wars movie set - he summed up the day perfectly: “We used to bulls-eye womp rats back home!” he grinned - the quote illustrating how he was able to exploit his familiarity with similar terrain that he rides regularly in Colorado, while others clearly struggled with the changing conditions throughout the day.

A succession of strong stage finishes meant Ned was never out of the top ten overall, and the consistency and levelheadedness he had shown during the Dakar once again paid dividends - while faster riders made mistakes, Ned paid particular attention to his navigation (although he admits he found the accuracy of the roadbook very frustrating at times), and did not push himself or his machine unnecessarily - resulting in a podium position 46 minutes ahead of the third-placed rider.

Perhaps his whole ethos towards racing, and his participation in this event particularly can be summed up by the inspiration he employed to secure another 2nd place stage result - just one minute away from the race leader: “I’d reached the start of the final sector at about 11.45am, and already knew the hotel we’d be staying at that evening stopped serving lunch at 2pm - I factored that I could just about make it in time (which he did!), so that was all the motivation I needed... and it all came up Ned!”

ends.

Ned Suesse was part of the US rally team supported by Rally Management Services and If You See Kay Wines during the Tuareg Rally.

results #97 Ned Suesse (USA) - class: Moto Profi

Day 1: 10th
Day 2: 3rd
Day 3: timing suspended
Day 4: 2nd
Day 5: 2nd
Day 6: 4th
Day 7: 14th

2nd Overall (MP)

Photo:

Old 03-22-2013, 03:57 AM   #105
neduro OP
Addict

Oddometer: 11,784
If anyone wants to hear some stories live, I'm going to be on Bike Week Radio Show this Sunday between 9 and 10 AM pacific.

You can post questions on their facebook page, and you can learn how to listen at their website.

Should be fun- their recent interviewees have been the likes of Kurt Caselli, Dani Pedrosa, Ryan Dungey and Cyril Despres... pretty sure I don't belong in that company, but I'd rather be lucky than good!

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote