User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2009, 06:43 AM   #1
Saveyourskull OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Discount helmets Online

Check this site out!!! http://www.Saveyourskull.com We've got hundreds of helmets and tons of gear for sale at low prices. You won't find better prices or service anywhere!
Saveyourskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:38 AM   #2
ACDNate
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 689
Um, $100 + for helmets with names like Rodia, and others with no names.

Perhaps you haven't seen the same helmets selling on ebay for $30
2007 Honda CRF150R
2005 Honda CRF100F
ACDNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #3
AngryScot

Oddometer: 18,307
Perhaps this is a new site for you but with items such as the VeriSign not being clickable and the privacy guarantee not linking to anything. I would recommend fixing up your site or at least explain some of this rather than just posting your site with nothing expecting to get money from this group of folks
even the contact info is not associated with the domain.

Just doesn't look/feel professional. Good luck with the biz, are you posting here to give our community a discount? or just advertising?
AngryScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
Doug Just Doug
Silly Party Candidate

Oddometer: 532
Same post here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=482378

My stupid little website:Tilted Horizons
Doug Just Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #5
AngryScot

Oddometer: 18,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug
Internet can be hard.
Especially forums, some are just open ad places, some are much more community driven like this place.
It would be worth any vendors time to research the sites they post in to gain the respect and biz of it's members

I am willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt if they come clean and run a fair place
AngryScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:43 AM   #6
Saveyourskull OP
Adventurer

Feedback Please

Sorry it looks like I'm just looking for $, but my earlier post with our site http://www.saveyourskull.com/ was really supposed to include a note that we are very new to the web, just a few weeks old. We are looking for feedback from the motorcycle community about our site. Obviously being new, our site still has things to be improved. We would appreciate anyone's feedback on our site. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #7
ACDNate
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saveyourskull
Sorry it looks like I'm just looking for $, but my earlier post with our site http://www.saveyourskull.com/ was really supposed to include a note that we are very new to the web, just a few weeks old. We are looking for feedback from the motorcycle community about our site. Obviously being new, our site still has things to be improved. We would appreciate anyone's feedback on our site. Thanks.
We're good at feedback around here. T

1 Try getting set up as an authorized retailer of motorcycle helmets that non-noob types would actually buy.

2 If you're gonna sell cheap no name import helmets, compare prices to ebay. Why would someone buy it from you for $100 when they can get it on ebay for $40?

3 Dump the verisign logo your hosting yourself before Verisign comes after you. You aren't allowed to just put that on your website. Big no-no.
2007 Honda CRF150R
2005 Honda CRF100F
ACDNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:32 PM   #8
Saveyourskull OP
Adventurer

10% discount for ADVrider inmates

I have added a discount code to my site http://www.saveyourskull.com/ for ADVrider inmates. We sell motorcycle helmets and accessories. Simply enter the code: "inmate" to get a 10% discount after adding items to your cart and procedding to checkout. We appreciate your feedback on our site, and we look forward to Saving the skulls of inmates around the country.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #9
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,251
Thanks, added to the discount thread sticky
Old 07-07-2009, 08:08 PM   #10
FlySniper
Bleh...

Oddometer: 1,643
I have to agree with what has already been said. The prices are way too high for no name lids. I clicked on one of the street helmets... there was literally no brand name to be seen and the price was in the same range as the cheaper name brands (more expensive actually).

If the truth is to be told, I wouldn't buy the helmets you have listed at any price. Sorry.
FlySniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:28 PM   #11
fargodroid
Banned

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDNate
27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0">We're good at feedback around here. T

1 Try getting set up as an authorized retailer of motorcycle helmets that non-noob types would actually buy.

2 If you're gonna sell cheap no name import helmets, compare prices to ebay. Why would someone buy it from you for $100 when they can get it on ebay for $40?

3 Dump the verisign logo your hosting yourself before Verisign comes after you. You aren't allowed to just put that on your website. Big no-no.
Exactly, you shouldn't use any logos that you're not a part of their program.
fargodroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:23 AM   #12
Saveyourskull OP
Adventurer

Work in process

Thanks everyone for the feedback... even the bad stuff. We will use what you have to say to make our site better. The whole business thing is new to us, so we appreciate your response. We are activley working on updating the site and are looking at becoming dealers for more recognizable name brands. We do though stand behind the quality of the helmets on our site. They may not be the "Bell" or Arai"s of the world but they will protect your head in the event of a crash. That is afer all what a helmet is supposed to do. If anyone has any brands they think we need to carry, please let me know. As far as the ebay thing goes, we understand that we cannot compete with some of the prices there, but our hope is that our service and policies give us a leg up on Joe selling a helmet out of his garage. I look forward to growing our site and earning the respect of riders everywhere.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:01 PM   #13
Saveyourskull OP
Adventurer

Thumb Links

One thing I would like to add to our site http://www.saveyourskull.com/ is links to other motorcycle sites that our customers would like to visit. We have just started adding some links and would love to add more to connect our customers to other motorcycle related sites. If anyone has a site they would like us to link to, please send me a PM. I look forward to partnering with other great sites.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:55 AM   #14
Saveyourskull OP
Adventurer

Site updates & Discounts

We have been making changes to our site www.Saveyourskull.com, and would love to hear from ADV riders on their impressions. Let us know what you think. Also remember there is a discount available to ADV riders. Just check out the Vendor discount thread for details.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:50 PM   #15
dleonsingleton
Banned

Oddometer: 29
Hmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saveyourskull
Check this site out!!! http://www.Saveyourskull.com We've got hundreds of helmets and tons of gear for sale at low prices. You won't find better prices or service anywhere!
Sorry to pee in the pool but I wouldn't encourage anyone to don one of these lids. I find it a bit odd that you would spam a site for people who stick there necks out a wee bit further than the sunday soldiers. However the cordura abrassion resistant American Flag thongs are brilliant.
dleonsingleton is offline   Reply With Quote