Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #391
EricD10563
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlingbadger View Post
I got so much turbulence from my RK windshield I had to remove it, then I only had to put up with the vibration destroying anything I put in the saddle bags.
Was not experince but I did get some buffeting and that imporved with an after-market windshield with a curved lip at the top. My Electra Glide with hard lowers as zero buffeting and I think I could have a smoke behind the fairing. Not sure how much it matters but I wear a fullface helmet.
In 2009 I rode 18,589 miles on an island that's 72 miles long. That's 50 miles a day everyday for 365 days. I think I'll go home now. 97k miles and still riding http://travelwithe.com/blogengine.net/ my YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTJA4CrFRY-_rvDejPct73g
EricD10563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #392
1/2 Brit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
I was behind a StreetGlide on my Ducati Multistrada, on a twisty bit of road, the guy saw me and accelerated. Of course, I kept pace, thinking he'd back off in the tight stuff....he didn't. I was impressed.

I probably had more in reserve than him, if something unexpected happened, but the new E-Glides do handle well.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #393
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert OK View Post
The Road King's windshield is very effective against the cold. The weak spot is the legs. You can buy "soft lowers" for that. The soft ones can be folded and stored in the bags when you're not using them.
I've had both, definitely prefer the hard lowers with vents. They provide more protection and are much more aerodynamic at highways speeds. But the soft lowers do add a lot of protection for a low price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricD10563 View Post
Was not experince but I did get some buffeting and that imporved with an after-market windshield with a curved lip at the top.
I got buffeting at highways speeds with the stock windshield (5'7", 30" inseam). Switching to windshield with a curved lip at the top improved things but did not completely eliminate the the problem. What did work was Harley's new Wind Splitter windshield. It's advertised as eliminating buffeting at speed and did just that. Amazing...

twinrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #394
Low Down
ADV Misfit

Oddometer: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kniff View Post
I was behind a StreetGlide on my Ducati Multistrada, on a twisty bit of road, the guy saw me and accelerated. Of course, I kept pace, thinking he'd back off in the tight stuff....he didn't. I was impressed.

I probably had more in reserve than him, if something unexpected happened, but the new E-Glides do handle well.

Can't wait to hear this....
Low Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #395
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kniff View Post

They handle great, the main limitation is the lack of cornering clearance.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #396
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
They handle great, the main limitation is the lack of cornering clearance.
Yeah, I really don't understand that. I love the drivetrain....it really is a special engine and so very well made. But goddamn they can't even lean over enough to turn into a driveway without scraping. Harley would really have the best motorcycle for the real world if they'd just give them so lean angle.

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #397
UnsureFooting
Title of User Here

Oddometer: 6,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
Yeah, I really don't understand that. I love the drivetrain....it really is a special engine and so very well made. But goddamn they can't even lean over enough to turn into a driveway without scraping. Harley would really have the best motorcycle for the real world if they'd just give them so lean angle.
Like this?

http://www.btrmoto.com/
Old 02-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #398
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
Yeah, I really don't understand that. I love the drivetrain....it really is a special engine and so very well made. But goddamn they can't even lean over enough to turn into a driveway without scraping.
Maybe a Fatboy Lo, but my Road King isn't that bad... Just scrapes easily enough that I have to slow to a normal pace when the mountain twisties get super tight.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #399
JerryH
Banned

Oddometer: 5,069
Well I finally have something bad to say about Harley. I went to their site to check out the new models and saw this. UGH!!!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwAw&dur=560

What were they thinking? Or were they thinking? This abomination would gag a maggot. It looks like something from Lowrider magazine. I've seen some hideous customs, but this comes from the factory. It's absolutely disgusting. I almost threw up when I saw it. I can't believe anyone would be seen on this. If Harley is trying to go out of business, this would seem to be the right way to do it.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:42 PM   #400
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
Well I finally have something bad to say about Harley. I went to their site to check out the new models and saw this. UGH!!!

I'm digging it, different strokes for different folks and all that...
Old 02-25-2013, 04:28 AM   #401
studad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 934
Yeah I've seen these. I kind of like it. Not enough to pay what they want, and I'd never buy a used CVO bike, as I bet the new tech is close to the same performance wise. But yeah, I don't think it's that bad at all.
studad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:13 AM   #402
LoneTraveler
Captain Zoomtastic

Oddometer: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post

I'm digging it, different strokes for different folks and all that...
See, this is exactly what I mean: this is a fuckin' gorgeous motorcycle. I would be scared shitless to ride this around too much though. Wouldn't want to scratch it or something...

That new Candy paint they're doing is downright sexy.

SuperTour 1
LoneTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #403
eric123
Gott Mit Uns

Oddometer: 1,499
I like it...
eric123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #404
boatpuller
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 633
Originally Posted by LoneTraveler
I've never understood Harley Hate. So you don't like it? Don't buy it!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
it has nothing to do with buy/dont buy. it has to do with them not letting you pass or like in the past for me a guy actually tried to take me out while trying to be polite and pass legally....

those thins really piss me off
Twice, on the Interstate Highway, while riding my Harley by myself, some ass on a sport bike doing triple digits speed, passed me in my OWN lane. No warning, very startling, dangerous, and pissed me off. One of the times I was doing about 80, passing a semi, and if I hadn't handled that unexpected situation properly, the results could have been horrible.

But I'm smart enough to not blame the motorcycle brand for the rider, and you are too. Being petty and mis-guided gets one nowhere worthwhile.
boatpuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #405
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpuller
But I'm smart enough to not blame the motorcycle brand for the rider, and you are too. Being petty and mis-guided gets one nowhere worthwhile.
agree and agree and boy isnt that true. An asshat on a sportbike yesterday was trying to play racer-boy with me when I was on the Speed Triple in full leathers and on a mission. I could tell he was riding outside his limits (speed and strength jackets to me screem "THIS IS MY FIRST JACKET!!") so I got around him as quickly as I could but it's freakin tricky with unpredictable riders.
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote