User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
go2moto OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Better to ask then beg for forgiveness later

I am working on a documentary film project about riders. I wanted to add some "ADV Rider" type of photos to it. Rather then go to Google and right click a few, I had a better idea. I want to ask you to use your picture. I will compile those into a short 2 min Promo video that I will use to then promote the film. All I can offer is your name in the credits next to your pic if I select it. If the film gets picked up I can send you some perks like a finished DVD. So dig in your album and send me your one favorite ona reply here on ADV. Once I get the video promo together you will get a copy of it for your final approval before It goes public. A release allowing your image will be provided. This is not a film to promote my tour company.

Thanks,
Dan Patino
  • File not too large
  • Your name and or your username
  • Where it was taken

Thanks and send away.....

go2moto screwed with this post 02-10-2013 at 09:50 PM
go2moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
It'sNotTheBike
Banned

Oddometer: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by go2moto View Post
All I can offer is your name in the credits next to your pic if I select it.

So, you're willing to take stuff for free and then use it for your own personal gain ?

That's pretty pathetic, given that you are running a motorcycle-related business
which more than likely stands to benefit from the publicity generated by the photos
you are asking people to provide for free.

Using photos which belong to others without asking would result in a bit more than
needing to "beg for forgiveness", it would probably require you to spend some time in court
answering the question of why you used things which did not belong to you and could very
well result in you being required by the court to compensate those who owned the photos.

It'sNotTheBike screwed with this post 02-10-2013 at 08:02 PM
It'sNotTheBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
Dances_With_Trees
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
Photos

Hey Dan,

Due to the fact that you're a Colorado based tour company would you prefer Colorado photos?
Dances_With_Trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #4
go2moto OP
Adventurer

It's not so much the location. It is what the picture says. I have a ton and could just use my own. That seems a bit self serving. The film is not about me, but the riding public. The film will have nothing to do about my company or Colorado specifically.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #5
LoneTraveler
Captain Zoomtastic

Oddometer: 429
You might want to consider creating some sort of legal document that sets guidelines for what the images will be used for, who will see it, how it will be exhibited, etc, etc. Could help protect intellectual property and possibly assuage any fears of loss of rights, etc.

SuperTour 1
LoneTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #6
go2moto OP
Adventurer

Thanks. Anything used I will have a release. I will message back and inform those I picked with a release form. They will be able to preview it in the drafted video before released live. This also goes to those I interview or have in the film. This is a documentary independent project. Not to be used in a promo for my tour business or any product, just a film. The 2 min promo film is then shown on a public platform to get backing to make the full feature film.

go2moto screwed with this post 02-10-2013 at 09:52 PM
go2moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #7
Horton
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 447
Sounds like you want to make a newes "On any Sunday" movie. . .

I didn't clearly understand, what should have to be in the photo. Only a bike, or a bike and a "nightmare" (for example). . .

dä rumtreibär
Horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #8
evanqueen
Learning Contentment

Oddometer: 33
Bitter are we

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sNotTheBike View Post
So, you're willing to take stuff for free and then use it for your own personal gain ?

That's pretty pathetic, given that you are running a motorcycle-related business
which more than likely stands to benefit from the publicity generated by the photos

Using photos which belong to others without asking would result in a bit more than
needing to "beg for forgiveness", it would probably require you to spend some time in court
answering the question of why you used things which did not belong to you and could very
well result in you being required by the court to compensate those who owned the photos.

He wouldn't be taking anything. People would be GIVING their pics for free, he is asking for them. If you don't want to send a pic don't. Your response was pathetic, not go2moto asking for pics. Get a life.....
evanqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #9
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,058
Not in the Pics forum, moved to Vendors.

Please read the site and forum rules in regards to commercial enterprises and copyright issues.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #10
4corners14
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 521
Shots like this?

Baby Head Hill - WABDR -Washington Backcountry Discovery Route

4corners14 screwed with this post 02-14-2013 at 04:55 AM
4corners14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #11
ghostryder
made it

Oddometer: 5,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sNotTheBike View Post

The guy was asking for people to VOLUNTARILY submit photos. You don't want him using your stuff....don't submit anything.
ghostryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #12
Cycleman4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostryder View Post

The guy was asking for people to VOLUNTARILY submit photos. You don't want him using your stuff....don't submit anything.
Cycleman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #13
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 46,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanqueen View Post
He wouldn't be taking anything. People would be GIVING their pics for free, he is asking for them. If you don't want to send a pic don't. Your response was pathetic, not go2moto asking for pics. Get a life.....
Typical of most of his responses. He must be a very unhappy person.

I wish I had some worth photos, but all mine are road based, or mechanics based.

Jim
JimVonBaden is online now   Reply With Quote