User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #31
Leeexc OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Thanks again for the replys.

Trying to work out costs, a few questions, It is 2100 miles to the start of the event by road but I am told it is best to drive to italy then catch a ferry to greece.
What is the cost of the ferry for a big van and how long will it take to get to greece?
What would the toll road charges be to italy or all the way by road to greece?
Is petrol for the bike included in the entry fee?
What insurance would I need and cost?
I have 2 sets of wheels for my bike, would 2 sets of new tyres fitted to the wheels do me for the rally?
Will one set of chain and sprockets do the whole event?

Can you think of any costs a newbee to this kind of event might overlook?

Thanks Lee.
Leeexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:25 AM   #32
firebore
n00b

Oddometer: 7
France switzerland italy best route use michelin map planner to give you a rough idea of costs. two days to travel to Italy then ferry or one day with redbull

Hellas have a deal with one of their sponsors superfast ferries offering a good discount.

Buy your own petrol :(

You need to get in touch with acu have to have "repatriation" insurance

I am going with two sets of wheels new tyres should be enough new chain sprockets but also spare chain, and spares package. First time for me as well so trying to be prepared.

Trying not to state the bleedin obvious :) find more people to share van on trip is best way of offsetting costs
firebore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:47 AM   #33
HellasRally
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeexc View Post

Trying to work out costs, a few questions, It is 2100 miles to the start of the event by road but I am told it is best to drive to italy then catch a ferry to greece.

Thanks Lee.
What is the cost of the ferry for a big van and how long will it take to get to greece?
Check Superfast website on line booking and count -40% for all prices excpet big trucks (over 5 tons -25%)

What would the toll road charges be to italy or all the way by road to greece?

Should be around 120 euros

Is petrol for the bike included in the entry fee?

No, Greece gasoline prices vary from 1.65 to 1.78 euros per lt

What insurance would I need and cost?

You get insurance (personal etc) in the race for 50 euros, third liability is included in the entry fee
Otherwise you use your ASN license or a FIM license

I have 2 sets of wheels for my bike, would 2 sets of new tyres fitted to the wheels do me for the rally?

Normally yes, your right hand defines that

Will one set of chain and sprockets do the whole event?

Normally yes, your right hand defines that and your chain lubricant

Would be wise to talk to Desert Rose or Torque Racing before, their logistics are really advanced and most probably your transportation cost with them is lower.
About this year's rally, things are different than past editions, new place for the race, softer terrain all the way, less navigation (not every 50meters) and normally not dusty in 80% of the stages due to high altitudes where you will even find some snow in the slopes (not on the road).
About Navigation Instruments if anyone want to hire in low cost, please let us know, we do have the ability to do it for a number of riders
HellasRally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:03 AM   #34
xradipo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeexc View Post

Thanks Lee.
Hello,
I will partecipate to the Hellas Rally from Milan, Italy.
I will catch the ferry from Ancona: Ancona - Patra.
Milan - Ancona 430 km. - The toll cost is 45 euro (in Italy for both way 22,5+22,5)
Patra is 25 km far from the paddock - Nafpaktos. Toll cost 26 euro (in Greece for both way 13+13, seems to me there is an expensive bridge to use)
The quote from for ferry today is 270 euro (both way) with out the Hellas Rally discount for a Fiat Scudo van and one person (with camping accomodation).

See you in Greece

X.
xradipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:57 AM   #35
Leeexc OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xradipo View Post
Hello,
I will partecipate to the Hellas Rally from Milan, Italy.
I will catch the ferry from Ancona: Ancona - Patra.
Milan - Ancona 430 km. - The toll cost is 45 euro (in Italy for both way 22,5+22,5)
Patra is 25 km far from the paddock - Nafpaktos. Toll cost 26 euro (in Greece for both way 13+13, seems to me there is an expensive bridge to use)
The quote from for ferry today is 270 euro (both way) with out the Hellas Rally discount for a Fiat Scudo van and one person (with camping accomodation).

See you in Greece

X.
I just worked out the cost for my van (7mtrs long) with aircraft seats (assume that means no room!) and that is 441 euro with 3 passengers, less than I thought it would be and get 40% discount so about 270 euros plus 26 euros for the bridge crossing 120 euros for English channel crossing and about 1000 euros in diesel so 1416 euros total thats 1220 Plus toll road fees Maybe another 100.
If I could split that between 3 riders shareing the driving it would be less than 450 each (assuming my figures are correct) maybe even less if we could take another bike or 2 with the rider flying out. Any one fancy it?
Old 03-20-2013, 01:10 AM   #36
Leeexc OP
Adventurer

Bump! any one else from the uk thinking of doing this or have space for another bike?

Thanks Lee.