User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
rhettg OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Much Delayed Patagonia Tour

Should have posted this quite a while ago, but a while back a my riding buddy and myself both quit our jobs at the same time and decided a motorcycle trip was in order. Having absolutely no dirt or big bike experience, we booked a trip through ad-mo and then promptly panicked.

Thankfully we had some time to pick up some new gear and take a dirt course. It paid off immensly.

This was our first organized group ride experience. I couldn't imagine a more diverse group of riders. 22 Year old fearless novice, 80+ year old ex-fighter pilot, Austrian truck driver, cowboy, Canadian, mostly insane German and then us two nerds.

The route was from Osorno to Ushuaia, though we actually didn't join the group till day two because of a volcanic eruption .

Here are a few choice photos.

Best trip I've ever been on. Scenery was out of control, the riding was intense. I also fell in love... with a 1200 GS.

One of the things we came away from the trip was how big photography is for these trips. We spent so much time either taking photos or waiting for others in the group to take photos. At the end, we probably all have a set of similar photos, but also some unique gems. Of course then there was the guy with the sub-1 mega pixel camera who took 1000s of largely useless grainy shots.

After that trip, my riding buddy and myself built Lensmob with just this use case in mind . You all might find it useful as well. Check out the full album here
rhettg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #2
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,670
Thanks for the report and link to pics... would like to see more pics posted here as inmates are reluctant to click on outside links. Thanks for posting