Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 06:52 AM   #46
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 8,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatXfer View Post
Noth:

Oh, OK. I didn't think you were whining; I bought my suit used so I wasn't familiar with the process. Which, by the way, I think is crazy. You'd think they could work out a method of getting it right the first time (besides a walk-in fitting).

I understand why you're frustrated by this. I hope this all turns out well, and soon.
I've never spoken to anyone from Aerostich, but I DO know folks in the clothing business . . . . expecting customers to get accurate measurements, and be happy with what is built to their specs is, I am told, a great route to bankruptcy . . . . . . .

Just sayin . . . . . .

I, too, hope for, and predict, a happy customer at the end of the ritual dance.
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance.” T.R.

bomber60015 screwed with this post 03-04-2013 at 01:15 PM
bomber60015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #47
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noth View Post
BobbySands said I was a whiner.. some folks only accept posting to their way of thinking I guess..
No, he said you were "whingeing." I'm not sure what that is but it doesn't sound neighborly.
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #48
BeachMoto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
No, he said you were "whingeing." I'm not sure what that is but it doesn't sound neighborly.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...Whinging%20Pom

Whinging Pom
A person of British origin who will consistently complain about any situation that they may face. They are emotionally unable to deal with any sort of adverse condition without commenting negatively about it.

The typical ‘whinging pom’ can be often located in such global locations such as Australia, New Zealand, Canada. Though also found in multiple other locations in high concentrations (such as the USA), they tend to countries that at least pay some lip service to their beloved monarchy.

1978 Suzuki 250TS
1982 Kawasaki GPZ 550
2007 BMW F800ST
2009 BMW R1200GS (Current)
BeachMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #49
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Cool; I learned something.

But Noth is from New England, land of the tea party and cheeky rejection of the beloved monarch. How can he be a whinging pom?
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Old 03-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #50
CJGamer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
temp range to ride in with RC

just curious- as i'm someone who can see myself getting one of these suits when I have the money. It's one of the top options without getting insane price wise. That said- what temperature range- for those of you who have one- is it comfortable. I've been riding with Firstgear Jacket and pants, Khat or kila....can never remember....and Once it's really hot it- it's pretty toasty with the vents open. I still think it's a good kit though for most seasons, as both have liners. I just bought the Klim Mojave pants on the sale for summer, so that should really help this year.
So I ask- what temp range- without heated under gear- are you comfortable in a RC. (normal one)
Old 03-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #51
Boondox
Travels With Barley

CJGamer - I have a Onesie cut slightly large to allow layering beneath it. With a Gerbings jacket liner it's tolerable down to about 5F, and without the Gerbings but with layers it's good down to about 25, tolerable to 15.

As for comfortable, with just LD Comfort gear underneath I'd say 45. Remember that I'm a Vermonter, though, so my idea of comfort might differ from a resident of, say, Florida.

On the other end of the thermometer I switch to mesh over 85F. I found the Stich is comfortable with the vents open as long as I'm moving, but there are times (road construction, crash ahead) when traffic comes to a complete halt and when that happens it's just plain miserable.

Pete
Old 03-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #52
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 8,281
CJ -- my two piece stich provides no insulating qualities whatsoever -- in fact, under some conditions, the Goretex feels a mite clammy which certainly doesn't make a guy warmer ;-}

I"m pretty comfortable from about 60 to 85 (F) in shirtsleeves and jeans under my stich.

Below that, layering.

When it gets over 85 or so, I, too, put on my mesh -- unless I'm gonna be ridning all day . . . in that case, I wear the stich -- if it gets that hot, and I'm in the wond all day, I actually get more dehyrdated and feel worse in mesh .
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance.” T.R.
bomber60015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #53
Noth OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
And to be positive and not whinging.. For trips, I plan on bringing along my Mesh when it gets hot in a separate dry bag... although the mesh doesn't take up a ton of room.. the RC would.. I have a pair of Tour Master Venture Air Pants.. These come with a rain liner and an insulated liner.. My original plan was to use these when the weather got cooler..I found out very quickly that the liner did not work well and the pants were hard to take off when I got to work, The loops that held them in place (rain liner) ripped easily.. so while great mesh pants.. not so great when some warmth is needed & then my decision to take the hit $$ & buy the stich RC.. One Of my co workers told me that when I got to work, it looked like I was trying to take a dump standing up in the parking lot getting out of my gear.. live & learn.. noow looking forward to the ease of the long zipper in and out..
Talked to Aerostich today... My return got there today.. my new suit,per them, is in "production".. no promise on receipt but I have 3 weeks or so..
Noth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #54
HeatXfer
Bad knees

Oddometer: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber60015 View Post
I've never spoken to anyone from Aerostich, but I DO know folks in the clothing business . . . . expecting customers to get accurate measurements, and be happy with what is built to their specs is, I am told, a great route to bankruptcy . . . . . . .

Just sayin . . . . . .

I, too, hope for, and predict, a happy customer at the end of the ritual dance.
Does that mean Aerostich expects to make at least 2 suits for everyone they sell? Talk about the road to ruin...

How does Klim do it?
HeatXfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:09 AM   #55
Noth OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Does that mean Aerostich expects to make at least 2 suits for everyone they sell? Talk about the road to ruin...

How does Klim do it?
I had that thought.. The Hi Vis RC suit that was delivered to me last Wednesay has now put back into stock.. so a 53 regular suit is available in Hi Vis.. It was not available before I placed my order..
Noth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #56
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,057
Quote:

How does Klim do it?
When I placed my order, they told me I would most likely require custom alterations. I needed a 46 jacket and I was between a 36 regular and long pants. What they did is send me out a 46 jacket in whatever color they had in stock. They didn't have a 36R in stock, so they sent me a 36L just to try on and send back (or keep if I chose to, of course).

They told me that if a size wasn't in stock, they would make it for me and then I could try it on and send back if I wasn't happy with it. However, if any alterations need done, they will charge a restocking fee. They then list the altered jackets/pants/suits on their clearance page for a reduced price (which they make up for with the restocking fee).

With their long wait times, they are obviously in demand, so having a few standard sizes on their shelves is probably a good thing for them. I'm sure most people don't require custom sizing, so they aren't going to have to build two suits for everyone.

Pennsylvania to Newfoundland Ride Report
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #57
nhbubba
Internet Tough Guy

Oddometer: 418
I get the impression that they are building up stock or something. It seems like there was a recent sell-off of sample and 'training' suits. I don't know if this is just a normal annual thing or related to the new styles they are offering or something else.

I had a change of heart regarding the jacket size I wanted on my recent order. I called to see if I could get a smaller sample jacket sent out to try out while I wait for a suit in my choice of colors to be 'cut'. No dice.. nothing in that size in stock or "in the showroom".

Either my size (48S) is an odd-ball, or their stock is a little low right now.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #58
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,341
Quote:
Why do you think they charge $1000 for their suits?
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #59
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,057
They must be getting back on track it would appear. I placed my order a month ago and was surprised to get this email:

They told me 8 weeks and four weeks later they're done!

BTW, one of the jackets is going back in case anyone was wondering why I ordered two. I ordered both of them so I could try on both and then send the one that doesn't fit back (without waiting for them to make another), and they included a free shipping label for the second jacket as well.

Pennsylvania to Newfoundland Ride Report
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #60
nhbubba
Internet Tough Guy

Oddometer: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by max384 View Post
They must be getting back on track it would appear...

...and they included a free shipping label for the second jacket as well.
I kind of had a suspicion that they were underselling. That said, I haven't heard anything about my order. I think I am 3 weeks in on an "7-8 week" estimate.

You are smarter than I ordering two jackets like that. I'm worried sick it won't fit.

How'd you wrangle the $0 shipping and getting them to pack a return label. I had to return by my own means and am being charged $20 for the next round.

You >> me.