Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #61
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
I kind of had a suspicion that they were underselling. That said, I haven't heard anything about my order. I think I am 3 weeks in on an "7-8 week" estimate.

You are smarter than I ordering two jackets like that. I'm worried sick it won't fit.

How'd you wrangle the $0 shipping and getting them to pack a return label. I had to return by my own means and am being charged $20 for the next round.

You >> me.
To be honest, I've already returned one set on my own dime. I ordered a 'test set' that they had in stock in the wrong colors. I knew they were wrong when I ordered them and I knew I'd have to pay for shipping to return them when they either fit or didn't fit (to get the right colors and/or sizes), but I only ordered these to get a correct size. The 'test' jacket I ordered was a 46. It fit a little bit baggy, but I have a 45" chest, so I wasn't sure whether to go with a 44 or a 46, since I was right in the middle of the two sizes.

I called Aerostich and talked to them and they said they could send out another 44 for test fitting, but I'd have to wait for them to build it because they didn't have any in stock at the time (in any color). I hemmed and hawed for a little bit, and they then made the offer to make both a 44 and a 46 in the color I wanted and I could keep the one I wanted and return the other one and they would pay for shipping... The only catch was that I would have to pay for both of them and then get a full refund once I returned the one that didn't fit. It sucks to be charged an extra $450 (temporarily)... But this way I don't have to wait as long, I get to compare the two sizes side by side, and I save a few bucks in shipping in the long run. I'm not made of money, but this was worth it to me.

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #62
nhbubba
Internet Tough Guy

Oddometer: 421
No, that's very awesome. I am with you in not being made of money; this is an an enormous purchase for me. But I would do that in a heartbeat if offered.

I contemplated asking for them to send me a 48R as well as a 48S as I am convinced the S is just a touch too short for me. They insist I need an elipse (for a V-Strom! ) and my height is definitely in the 'S' range. But I can't lean forward without getting a wedgie.

We'll see I guess. Would hate to be back in the queue. But we will see.

At the same time, I am not interested in going 500 rounds on this.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:48 PM   #63
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,949
I got my Stich Onesie back from repairs and laundering last week and it looked so fantastic I thought they had sent me somebody else's by mistake! I guess the dull red that I took for fading was nothing more than dirt.

They did great work!
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #64
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,812
Wonder if the OP got his suit yet?

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #65
Tenni126
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
There was an 8 week wait on the RC light I ordered in the beginning of January. Showed up last week, and while it's a little long in the legs, I think it's going to be fine as I don't notice it on the bike. It's still breaking in obviously but the quality is as good (better, really) as I'd hoped it would be for the money. I live in San Diego, so my temp range is pretty mild by comparison, but I'm amazed how much air it flows with all the vents open. So far, I love it and feel like it was worth the wait.
Tenni126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #66
max384
Disgruntled Student

I just got my Dariens in the mail today, five weeks after originally placing the order.

I don't think I'm going to keep them though. The pants fit right around my belly button. This is far higher than I wear any of my other pants. When standing I have about an inch of extra room. When I sit on my bike, they squeeze around my gut so bad that I can't ride. I rode about a quarter mile before having to turn around because the discomfort was so bad. I really wish they fit lower, because other than that I really like them. I'm pretty bummed about this.

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
Old 03-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #67
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by max384 View Post
I just got my Dariens in the mail today, five weeks after originally placing the order.

I don't think I'm going to keep them though. The pants fit right around my belly button. This is far higher than I wear any of my other pants. When standing I have about an inch of extra room. When I sit on my bike, they squeeze around my gut so bad that I can't ride. I rode about a quarter mile before having to turn around because the discomfort was so bad. I really wish they fit lower, because other than that I really like them. I'm pretty bummed about this.
I had the same problem with the long. The regular fits great, just need another 2 or so inches on the bottom for when I'm on the bike.

I bought a long and found that the distance between the crotch and beltline is longer as well, meaning I can't wear them around my waist, I'm forced to wear them over my navel. WTF So I sold em.

Half tempted to just send my well worn Dariens in for alteration. I bought a new pair, same size, this time without the velcro (I should have got the reflective delete while I was at it). Anyway, the new pair, also a 38R has it's armour 2inches higher than my old pair!

ARGH!
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #68
max384
Disgruntled Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
I had the same problem with the long. The regular fits great, just need another 2 or so inches on the bottom for when I'm on the bike.

I bought a long and found that the distance between the crotch and beltline is longer as well, meaning I can't wear them around my waist, I'm forced to wear them over my navel. WTF So I sold em.

Half tempted to just send my well worn Dariens in for alteration. I bought a new pair, same size, this time without the velcro (I should have got the reflective delete while I was at it). Anyway, the new pair, also a 38R has it's armour 2inches higher than my old pair!

ARGH!
Hmmm. Well, the leg length on the longs are perfect for me, so if I went with the regular, I'd have to have them altered. I don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe I'll just keep the jacket and find a good pair of waterproof pants that don't sit so high. I'm really disappointed how the fit ended up being. Do any of Aerostich's other pants sit lower?

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
Old 03-23-2013, 03:28 AM   #69
MtnRider2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
I'm not sure on the wait time but I ordered my frist suit from them. Got fitted in SF during their 2 week visit so no back and forth
MtnRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:16 AM   #70
Noth OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
Wonder if the OP got his suit yet?
I got it yesterday ... so the time from order to delivery was 12/10 to 3/23.. It does fit perfectly (now) so when this purchase is made.. the reality of realistic delivery time should be considered. Now, I can't wait to get it broken in.. I discovered the zipperlube in the upper right chest pocket so will use that today as the zipper is hard to manuever in the crotch area where there is a bit of manuvering that has to be done..
Noth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #71
max384
Disgruntled Student

I decided that I would go with the AD1 pants instead of the Dariens, since the AD1s fit so low. I called to arrange a return and order the AD1s, and they told me they wouldn't be available to ship until the end of April. They're made in Vietnam (which is a big negative for me, since Aerostich being American made was a big part of the reason I went with them), and they get shipments in every so often, so I'll have to wait... Nothing they can do. I held off on ordering them. At this point, and with this new wait, I don't know about Aerostich. I'm thinking about looking into other brands...

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
Old 03-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #72
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,406
Quote:
Hmmm. Well, the leg length on the longs are perfect for me, so if I went with the regular, I'd have to have them altered. I don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe I'll just keep the jacket and find a good pair of waterproof pants that don't sit so high. I'm really disappointed how the fit ended up being. Do any of Aerostich's other pants sit lower?
Quote:
I decided that I would go with the AD1 pants instead of the Dariens, since the AD1s fit so low. I called to arrange a return and order the AD1s, and they told me they wouldn't be available to ship until the end of April. They're made in Vietnam (which is a big negative for me, since Aerostich being American made was a big part of the reason I went with them), and they get shipments in every so often, so I'll have to wait... Nothing they can do. I held off on ordering them. At this point, and with this new wait, I don't know about Aerostich. I'm thinking about looking into other brands...
If ya don't mind the made overseas bit I would highly suggest you go for the Roadgear Tierra Del Fuego pants. They are an almost exact copy of the Darien pants. Hell, they're also made in the same factory as the AD-1 pants.

They are lined, which is very nice, the rear pocket is on the right instead of the left. The zipper stops just short of the waist. But who actually opens the Darien ALL the way?

Plus they're nearly half the price.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #73
nhbubba
Internet Tough Guy

I just got my shipping notification.

Ordered 2/27
Shipped 4/11
Old 04-12-2013, 04:04 AM   #74
Noth OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Quote:

Ordered 2/27
Shipped 4/11
Noth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:40 AM   #75
nhbubba
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:

Ordered 2/27
Shipped 4/11
Arrived 4/16

Fit isn't perfect, but it is close enough.

Maiden voyage commuting this AM. I think I will keep it.