Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #31
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garp View Post
Your delusional if you actually think that is true. We are talking about the racing series where Unleaded is still a fairly new concept. It's nice to see they moved to fuel injection now as well. Of course my 4 year old pressure washer is fuel injected, so not exactly bleeding edge technology. They seem to just about keep pace with John Deere on the technology front, so I guess that's something.

You go ahead and enjoy watching the pretty cars go round and round this afternoon.
Nah, you are just ignorant of the facts. Or you may just be plain ignorant, I am not sure. But that is not new news to me. You can go back out to the garden and dig for more worms now. I will enjoy the race, thankee.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #32
Garp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Nah, you are just ignorant of the facts. Or you may just be plain ignorant, I am not sure. But that is not new news to me. You can go back out to the garden and dig for more worms now. I will enjoy the race, thankee.
Well we wouldn't want you to miss your Boogity, boogitty boogity moment.
Garp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #33
vettex2 OP
X-Racer

Oddometer: 1,472
Daytona

something fishy........
why did Knaus say" flat rear tire , remember" over the radio after the infield trip which just "happened" to tear off the nose ?
Old 02-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #34
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettex2 View Post
Daytona

something fishy........
why did Knaus say" flat rear tire , remember" over the radio after the infield trip which just "happened" to tear off the nose ?

Chad has been known to push the boundaries.

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
wannaklr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #35
vettex2 OP
X-Racer

Eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaklr View Post
Chad has been known to push the boundaries.
I have no doubt it was not a random comment
Old 02-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #36
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,158
Quote:
Me neither, but I bet he doesn't get caught this time.

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
wannaklr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #37
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 72,891
It's impossible to say how individual drivers from one series would fare in a completely different kind of car.

43 drivers started the 500. You know a lot of them aren't all that good. A pay driver gets a seat at a (to be generous) 2nd tier F1 team and wins a race.

Montoya goes from F1 to a so-so NASCAR team and never really takes off. Patrick comes from a lesser open-wheel series to a good NASCAR team and wins pole at the 500.

What can you tell from any of that? Not much. Seems to me that the best drivers in any series would tend to be competitive no matter what kind of wheels they have under them, as long as their equipment is good.

A country the size of the United States, with our racing heritage, surely produces good drivers, the best of whom end up in Sprint because of the money. The best drivers in the rest of the world compete for an F1 seat for the same reason, and some of them actually reach that pinnacle.

Who's better? Neither.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #38
linkweewee
tantum quantum

Oddometer: 13,749
Quote:
Why in the world would anyone be suspicious of Knaus?

"Chad Knaus told driver Jimmie Johnson to intentionally damage the back end of his race car if the No. 48 team won Sunday's race at Talladega Superspeedway, the crew chief acknowledged Wednesday."

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2011/...dio-chase-2011
Old 02-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #39
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
It's impossible to say how individual drivers from one series would fare in a completely different kind of car.

43 drivers started the 500. You know a lot of them aren't all that good. A pay driver gets a seat at a (to be generous) 2nd tier F1 team and wins a race.

Montoya goes from F1 to a so-so NASCAR team and never really takes off. Patrick comes from a lesser open-wheel series to a good NASCAR team and wins pole at the 500.

What can you tell from any of that? Not much. Seems to me that the best drivers in any series would tend to be competitive no matter what kind of wheels they have under them, as long as their equipment is good.

A country the size of the United States, with our racing heritage, surely produces good drivers, the best of whom end up in Sprint because of the money. The best drivers in the rest of the world compete for an F1 seat for the same reason, and some of them actually reach that pinnacle.

Who's better? Neither.
Sure you can, several former F1 champions have flamed out of NASCAR...too hard, too hot, too whatever. It has been several more than JPM, whom if Ganassi did not love him, would be out too. One part time NASCAR driver has gone to F1 and he won their championship. Some must have downforce to go fast, others don't.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #40
sloMark
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 794
How cool/fun would it be if the rules became like in 1968 all of a sudden. Let these guys play with what they know about racing and let it roll.........I think it would be better.

I saw this on some of the pre-race-gobbly- gook this weekend.........Back in the day, I guess Cotton Owens, for one, was real good at that...... Example- There were rules for how big the fuel cell could be , but no rules for the size of the fuel lines going to it .

sloMark screwed with this post 02-24-2013 at 04:48 PM
sloMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #41
vettex2 OP
X-Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post

Who's better? Neither.
That makes sense
Old 02-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #42
Garp
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Sure you can, several former F1 champions have flamed out of NASCAR...too hard, too hot, too whatever. It has been several more than JPM, whom if Ganassi did not love him, would be out too. One part time NASCAR driver has gone to F1 and he won their championship. Some must have downforce to go fast, others don't.
Never mind that the vast majority of those come to Nascar only after they have already flamed out in F1. Very few have tried to switch when they were at their peak, why would they?

Some can actually drive when it's damp out. Some can't.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #43
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloMark View Post
How cool/fun would it be if the rules became like in 1968 all of a sudden. Let these guys play with what they know about racing and let it roll.........I think it would be better.

I saw this on some of the pre-race-gobbly- gook this weekend.........Back in the day, I guess Cotton Owens, for one, was real good at that...... There were rules for how big the fuel cell could be , but no rules for the size of the fuel lines going to it .
This...is why Junior Johnson got done, felt his hands were tied. Smokey Yunick was the reason behind most of the rule book, he out-figured them often. Never happen again; Petty dominating like he did finished that forever. The challenge is even more heightened now and guys like Knaus figure it out. He has added a few new rules to the book himself. It is different yes, but it is harder and you have to be super intelligent to get away with anything now. Since all parts have to be approved.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #44
sloMark
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 794
What about the WRC guys? I seem to think they are pretty darn good drivers. Maybe THE best ? No American has run with them that I know of.m Ken Block is trying his best, but not close.

I would love to see one of those WRC events in person (Sardinia). The speeds they run are just crazy, with trees that do not move like RIGHT THERE!

sloMark screwed with this post 02-24-2013 at 05:14 PM
sloMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #45
Garp
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloMark View Post
What about the WRC guys? I seem to think they are pretty darn good drivers. Maybe THE best ? I would love to see one of those WRC events in person (Sardinia). The speeds then run are just crazy, with trees that do not move like RIGHT THERE!
They truly are some of the best. Amazing car control, and it is each car and driver on their own against the clock. No drafting, no bumping. Unfortunately that also makes it hard to package for spectators and for TV so it's under exposed.

Nascar/Indy/F1 have all become dull. You can barely tell the cars apart, and probably couldn't if they weren't different colors. Bring back real innovation Where are the fan cars, the diesels, the turbine cars, the 4 wheel drive cars, the cars with 4 front wheels and the cars with 4 back wheels? The only model car I have in my office is a Tyrell P34, from a time where the rules allowed at least some differentiation.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: