ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #61
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 72,352
People always forget that the great Tony Stewart came over from open wheel. It's why I like him. I also think he has matured into a pretty fine team owner.

I forgot to mention another NASCAR driver I'd like to see in F1. I think Kyle Busch is a super-talented driver. If he can harness his temperament he'd be great over there.
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #62
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
I forgot to mention another NASCAR driver I'd like to see in F1. I think Kyle Busch is a super-talented driver. If he can harness his temperament he'd be great over there.
He'd be a perfect fit with those prima-dona's just as he is.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #63
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 72,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
He'd be a perfect fit with those prima-dona's just as he is.
F1 is a nasty place, full of politics, back-stabbing and jealousy.

But the successful drivers are machines behind the wheel. They're focused and professional. Alonso may be a jerk behind the pit wall, but on the track he's a laser beam.

Arguably the problem with Montoya (when he was in F1) and with Lewis Hamilton is they lack of that kind of emotional maturity. I see some of that in Kyle. If he can get a grip on it, I think he'd be even better.
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #64
vettex2 OP
X-Racer
 
vettex2's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Oddometer: 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
People always forget that the great Tony Stewart came over from open wheel. It's why I like him. I also think he has matured into a pretty fine team owner.

I forgot to mention another NASCAR driver I'd like to see in F1. I think Kyle Busch is a super-talented driver. If he can harness his temperament he'd be great over there.
Tony still races open wheel
__________________
scan the avatar
vettex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #65
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettex2 View Post
Tony still races open wheel
Fast and dirty too.. So does Kasey. Google Kahne at Williams Grove on youtube... crazy stuff.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:43 AM   #66
DirtFarmer
Has anyone seen my mother
 
DirtFarmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Kansas
Oddometer: 2,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
So does Kasey.
You boys need to climb on your bikes and ride to Kansas this August.

No hype, just racing. Belleville in less than 2000 people and track is on old fair grounds.

Plan on camping in a tent and being covered in dust for 3 days, "The Belleville Midget Nationals"

http://www.highbanks.org/
__________________
Well, sister, the time has come for me to ride hard and fast. - Rooster Cogburn
DirtFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #67
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 72,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettex2 View Post
Tony still races open wheel
Best training round, you ask me.
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #68
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtFarmer View Post
You boys need to climb on your bikes and ride to Kansas this August.

No hype, just racing. Belleville in less than 2000 people and track is on old fair grounds.

Plan on camping in a tent and being covered in dust for 3 days, "The Belleville Midget Nationals"

http://www.highbanks.org/
Aye, I was at Belleville about 15 years ago....it is a tremendous event. I would say more fun than the Chilly Bowl. I do plan to come back some day with the boys.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #69
vettex2 OP
X-Racer
 
vettex2's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Oddometer: 1,472
European open wheel isn't the same as American open wheel
__________________
scan the avatar
vettex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #70
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 72,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettex2 View Post
European open wheel isn't the same as American open wheel
That damn metric system.
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #71
vettex2 OP
X-Racer
 
vettex2's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Oddometer: 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
That damn metric system.

well that's a part of it
__________________
scan the avatar
vettex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #72
vettex2 OP
X-Racer
 
vettex2's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Oddometer: 1,472
M Waltrip just used "stategery" and claimed Palin used it......

__________________
scan the avatar
vettex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #73
vettex2 OP
X-Racer
 
vettex2's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Oddometer: 1,472
MW was on and my GF asked if he was gay
__________________
scan the avatar
vettex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:15 PM   #74
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer
 
pbarmy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Great Black Swamp
Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Aye, I was at Belleville about 15 years ago....it is a tremendous event. I would say more fun than the Chilly Bowl. I do plan to come back some day with the boys.
Kyle Larsen!
__________________
"Nostalgia ain't what it once was"
pbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:46 AM   #75
Gravel Seeker
Thomas
 
Gravel Seeker's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2002
Location: Dreary old Norway, dreaming of adventures past
Oddometer: 3,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettex2 View Post
MW was on and my GF asked if he was gay
I don't really think there's any doubt he like to come from behind, is there ?
__________________
'01 F650 Dakar - modified as best I can

2005: Australia - 8 months/ 26.000 km (anti clockwise circle)
2009: Norway - 2 weeks/ 6000 km (Lindesnes to North cape)

Gravel Seekers.com

Hey !
It's the African ant eater ritual !
Gravel Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014