ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2005, 08:53 PM   #1
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Street ride this weekend?

Thoughts?? Bandit wants to come out and play. Ron, I've still not seen that Duc of yours!
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 09:43 PM   #2
toothy
Grin
 
toothy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Freelard
Oddometer: 14,120
Let's just say it's red, it's Italian, and it's got attitude.


And you did see the duc, at Batfink's. It left a three foot burn-out in the lawn.
__________________
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
(Eleanor Roosevelt)
toothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 10:21 PM   #3
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert
 
Stosh23's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Kirkland,WA
Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
Thoughts?? Bandit wants to come out and play. Ron, I've still not seen that Duc of yours!
I think I am going to do the Friday run west. BUt - hey - ya never know !!
__________________
He's Back ! Part 2

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 10:46 PM   #4
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by toothygrin
Let's just say it's red, it's Italian, and it's got attitude.


And you did see the duc, at Batfink's. It left a three foot burn-out in the lawn.

Yah - I know, but I hasnt seen it in the speedy motion now has I?
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 10:51 PM   #5
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Hmmm, mebbe the soundrider Hurricane Ridge run??

CT - Ya wanna give us a link?
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:12 PM   #6
gs dakar
live to ride
 
gs dakar's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: snohomish, wa
Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by toothygrin
Let's just say it's red, it's Italian, and it's got attitude.


And you did see the duc, at Batfink's. It left a three foot burn-out in the lawn.

sheeeeet..I think I owe batfink some sod....I actually didn't mean it....she's gottsa mind for herself....think of touching the throt and off goes the rubber.

gentry....I think you probably saw the most of it at the party.....only knows one speed......yukyukyukyukyuk

I am out of commision for a couple of weeks....to many chores not getting done....besides due to the last two weekends I think I have mucho wrench turning and parts needs for the two thumpers....had a bit of a falling out with a 35000 ton rock cliff up north....damn.....
gs dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:22 PM   #7
Darin
WYSIWYG (WIZ-zee-wig)
 
Darin's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Retired military lounging in FresYES
Oddometer: 594
Wicked

Where did you go up North? Sounds like it was a great time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by gs dakar
sheeeeet..I think I owe batfink some sod....I actually didn't mean it....she's gottsa mind for herself....think of touching the throt and off goes the rubber.

gentry....I think you probably saw the most of it at the party.....only knows one speed......yukyukyukyukyuk

I am out of commision for a couple of weeks....to many chores not getting done....besides due to the last two weekends I think I have mucho wrench turning and parts needs for the two thumpers....had a bit of a falling out with a 35000 ton rock cliff up north....damn.....
__________________
GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
We do not compromise. You shouldn’t either.
If guns kill people, then…
- pencils miss spel words
- cars make people drive drunk.
- Spoons made Rosie O’Donnell fat.


I'm a firm believer of the 2nd Amendment




http://ktmdarin.smugmug.com

Darin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:42 PM   #8
gs dakar
live to ride
 
gs dakar's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: snohomish, wa
Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin
Where did you go up North? Sounds like it was a great time.

oops.....guess the secret is starting to ooze out now
gs dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:43 PM   #9
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs dakar
sheeeeet..I think I owe batfink some sod....I actually didn't mean it....she's gottsa mind for herself....think of touching the throt and off goes the rubber.

gentry....I think you probably saw the most of it at the party.....only knows one speed......yukyukyukyukyuk

I am out of commision for a couple of weeks....to many chores not getting done....besides due to the last two weekends I think I have mucho wrench turning and parts needs for the two thumpers....had a bit of a falling out with a 35000 ton rock cliff up north....damn.....
Damn man, you alright? I really wish I'd made it



You gonna make it on the next Olympic run?
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:45 PM   #10
gs dakar
live to ride
 
gs dakar's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: snohomish, wa
Oddometer: 167
reminds me of a luca falling out a couple of months back.....come to think of it....the pain was kinda like it too
gs dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:49 PM   #11
CascadeThumper
Critical Adventurer
 
CascadeThumper's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Oddometer: 309
Regarding the Hurricane Ridge ride on Saturday (7-9-05) Here's what's posted on the Sound Rider calendar - page 3.

7/9 Victory MC/Hurricane Ridge
Depart Edmonds to Kingston, 10:00 ferry, stop at Safeway, Port Angeles for fuel, then to HR; Park fee $5.00, there is a snack bar at the top. Call for weather update; rain date Sun. 10 July
Contact: Joe Honoluu Phone: 425 513-5868 Email: Joehonolulu@aol.com Website:
http://www.

I wanted a bit of confirmation, so I asked:
Hi Joe,
I’m confused. The date in Soundrider says Saturday, July 9. Then it says rain date: Sunday, July 10. Is that supposed to mean that the ride is scheduled for Saturday and will be rescheduled for Sunday if Saturday is rainy? I’d be interested in a Saturday ride, but my Sunday is booked up.

Joe Replied:
You're correct, if it's too dangerous to ride due to inclement weather, it is rescheduled for Sunday July 10th.


I think I heard someone say "Bandit"....and I love nice hardware as much as the next guy.

(No, Jennifer Connelly is not hardware, she's software, and alot higher maintenance than a KTM or an old Harley.)
CascadeThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:49 PM   #12
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs dakar
reminds me of a luca falling out a couple of months back.....come to think of it....the pain was kinda like it too

Crap dude. Im sorry to hear that. Ive been working on my chops on the DRZ so as to not hold you up on the next DS ride we go on....


I think Im actually going to leave Bandit home and maybe get up around 6am and head for Naches to do some recon of the area for the upcoming run.
Im not sure what state the trails are in so I'd like to check some of them... Might trailer down there so I can save my arse stamina for the rocks.

Tony???
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:51 PM   #13
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by CascadeThumper
Regarding the Hurricane Ridge ride on Saturday (7-9-05) Here's what's posted on the Sound Rider calendar - page 3.

7/9 Victory MC/Hurricane Ridge
Depart Edmonds to Kingston, 10:00 ferry, stop at Safeway, Port Angeles for fuel, then to HR; Park fee $5.00, there is a snack bar at the top. Call for weather update; rain date Sun. 10 July
Contact: Joe Honoluu Phone: 425 513-5868 Email: Joehonolulu@aol.com Website:
http://www.

I wanted a bit of confirmation, so I asked:
Hi Joe,
I’m confused. The date in Soundrider says Saturday, July 9. Then it says rain date: Sunday, July 10. Is that supposed to mean that the ride is scheduled for Saturday and will be rescheduled for Sunday if Saturday is rainy? I’d be interested in a Saturday ride, but my Sunday is booked up.

Joe Replied:
You're correct, if it's too dangerous to ride due to inclement weather, it is rescheduled for Sunday July 10th.


I think I heard someone say "Bandit"....and I love nice hardware as much as the next guy.

(No, Jennifer Connelly is not hardware, she's software, and alot higher maintenance than a KTM or an old Harley.)

Thats my Bandit. + Jet Kit + Two Bros Exhaust + New Dunlops + Rich's seat + Hand guards + Engine Guards + smoked windshield + attitude. Its a goin' machine..... My wife calls it "bad juju."

Not that I really planned to but I followed Johnny Drunkard up some pretty gnarly dirt runs. Did fine. Ya gotta stay on the throttle
Wont be doing that often....
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:51 PM   #14
gs dakar
live to ride
 
gs dakar's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: snohomish, wa
Oddometer: 167
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
Damn man, you alright? I really wish I'd made it



You gonna make it on the next Olympic run?
yea...couple of heavily colored black and blues....front rim damage, aux light destruction, battle scars on the fairings, bent mirror, second set of blown fork seals, and one fully destoyed pannier box....which one of you put that farking rock in the way.....

not sure on the twister.....there are a couple of competing events.....oh and the wife too....a big competing event......but worth it.....
gs dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:51 PM   #15
Darin
WYSIWYG (WIZ-zee-wig)
 
Darin's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Retired military lounging in FresYES
Oddometer: 594
Laugh

The only pain I remember from the ride is taking a dip in the sub zero river to wash off the layers of sweat and dust, wasn't a second or two after taking that icy plunge I was losing and eventually lost my manhood --thank goodness for camp fires to thaw them, it, those little buggers out.



Quote:
Originally Posted by gs dakar
reminds me of a luca falling out a couple of months back.....come to think of it....the pain was kinda like it too
__________________
GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
We do not compromise. You shouldn’t either.
If guns kill people, then…
- pencils miss spel words
- cars make people drive drunk.
- Spoons made Rosie O’Donnell fat.


I'm a firm believer of the 2nd Amendment




http://ktmdarin.smugmug.com

Darin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014